• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ShotgunRaider

Whats your favorite MOBA?

Pick your favorite MOBA   101 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite MOBA

• League of Legends
    • DotA
    • DOTA 2
    • Smite
    • HEROES OF NEWERTH
    • Infinite Crisis
    • PRIME WORLD
    • Awesomenauts

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

I don't want to be that guy  B)  but i thought it would be interesting to see what MOBAs people like.

Please guys don't turn this forum into a flame war.

also suggest more MOBAs that arn't in the list and i will put them up for Poll, thank you.

I like League of Legends. Just personal opinion.

DotA for the win in my opinion, but then again I haven't played LoL or HoN

League of Legends is by far my favourite, simply because, to me at least, it was the easiest to pick up and play. Although the people there can be... toxic... It's still a really enjoyable game.

I've put many hours into HoN and still play it regularly. It pleases me the most out of recent and popular MOBA games. I come from WC3 when the entire Aeon of Strife type games began to take off. League is great but isn't close enough to DotA for my liking, and DotA 2, for some really odd reason, gives me a headache. Might be the color scheme or movement of the camera/models.

Not hating on those games. They just aren't my cup of tea.

eugamerdk24 likes this

Dota 2 for me, I spent a lot of time playing league of legends, but after a while I got bored with the game (not saying the game is boring, just saying that I lost my interest in it) I went over to install dota 2, even though the game took me a few weeks until I actually got interested in it, I grew to liking it a lot, my favorite parts about the game, is no recall button, all characters are free, more matchmaking options (single draft, random draft, all pick, etc), and the same two characters cannot play on the same map for the opposing teams. That is why I personally like dota 2 the most.

P.S. I haven't play HoN, prime world, or the original dota.

Awesomenauts is not on this list, that would be nice

Awesomenauts is not on this list, that would be nice

It is now, Thanks

Gotta love Awesomenauts. It's one of the few MOBAs where the community hasn't scared me away XD

I'm sad to not see SMNC (Super Monday Night Combat, a FPS MOBA xD)

Altho' I don't play it I sugget trying it out because it truely is a unique game in the current MOBA franchise

Need more people playing super Monday night combat!!! :D

Well, League of Legends is good game but I don't like that company and League fans (seriously, they are too much in here. this guys being like this game is a religion or something)

DotA Allstars is also good game but so confusing for me and that is one of the custom map of Warcraft 3 so I can not choose that.

DOTA 2 is almost the same as dota allstars but made by Valve and I love that. However, I'm not choose this one because this game also has not that good fans. Company is ok so better than League but still.

So, my vote on Awesomenauts. In my think, this game is only successful casual MOBA game. If you want to call. I want to call this 'Dota-like' but anyway. This game deserve more attention.

Dota 2 my friends, I have played all the mainstream mobas. 

1. Dota 2

2. Heroes of Newerth

3. League 

4. Smite

Dota 2 has the appeal of LoL, the complex game play of Dota, and is totally free. No unlocking Heroes, you can deny buildings and creeps, and no surrendering!

Not quite sure what moba is a favorite as I like HoN, lol and awesomenauts. However I can say for sure that dota 2 is by far my least favorite one, I'd even play infinite crisis over it :/

I have also played most of the mobas out there, not just he popular ones. It all really comes down to personal preference really. My favorite moba is actually not that popular and is hard to play now due to a lack of a community. But lets talk about dota 2 and lol since it is a hot topic apparently. They are 2 completely different games at this point. They do share some similarities but lol has changed many of its orginal features it had in beta. Lol was meant to be the successor to dota when it first came out and played very much like it. Over the course of the beta though, they changed some of it to make the game more enjoyable (in their opinions) and now we have this game we play today. Dota 2 took the opposite approach and wanted to expand upon its prequel. Neither of these approaches were wrong and both can be enjoyed by different people (you could even like both!). Its easy to say that not having to unlock heroes, denying, and no surrendering are good features when you enjoy them. Some people may not like those features and actually prefer to have or not have them in place. 

ShotgunRaider and Muddy-Chan like this

I for one play both and enjoy both but for different reasons. Kinda like cod and battlefield, they both are fps but they focus on different aspects of shooters.

Yea this is a good Thread Idea, sadly LoL players probably don't know what a forum is by the looks of the votes :)

For me it's:

1: Dota 2                                                              (when playing with my colugues at work)
2: League of Legends / Dawngate                       (when playing solo)
3: Heroes of Newerth                                           (when I wan't to play something different. I'm not really a huge fan of HoN)

Dota 2.

I tried LoL some time ago and just found it underwhelming and not very fun.

Soo far its Awesomenauts! :) It doesn't involve too much clicking going around and the gameplay is in 2D with lovely characters to choose from! :D