• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SirSeaBiscuit

Is The 3DS worth it?

18 posts in this topic

For me it's either Wii U or 3DS. My concerns for it is that it's really expensive for a hand held (my old Gameboy was like $79.99)

and that the games are pretty pricey as well. But it will offer me a bunch of awesome games.

The Wii U isn't really a console for multi-plats, so at most I'll have 2-5 games a year on it, while on my 3DS there will be more games that look good and some that are on the Wii U are even on the 3DS (like SMW 3DL and MONSTER HUNTER!!!).

I'm leaning torward 3DS. Plus I can bring it places. Also is the XL worth the extra 20$ or so? I like big screens.

I have yet to be disappointed by my 3ds XL. Also I bought a limited edition for £129.99 or $213.50 and this included Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D land off of Amazon. There are some really interesting games on it already and some good sounding titles have been announced. The XL is definitly worth the extra money.

I can safely say that the 3DS has some awesome games. I can recommend it from my experience.

From what I heard, the 2DS is an acceptable alternativ, if you want to reduce your costs...

From what I heard, the 2DS is an acceptable alternativ, if you want to reduce your costs...

I will never own a handheld that isn't a flip case.

I will never own a handheld that isn't a flip case.

My first handheld didn't have a flip case.

game-boy-pocket-2nhn-800.jpg

Kids these days...

hornedturtle likes this

My first handheld didn't have a flip case.

Kids these days...

First game I ever had on one of those was wario land haha man i remember that game like no other still to this day.

PS If you do get the 3ds the XL is worth the few extra bucks. 

I have both the Wii U and the 3DS ( not XL) and I would still have to say 3DS.

While the Wii U is great and all, it is still lacking games( granted, super Mario world 3D is heaps of fun but that cant keep a system a float...) and some of the features are missing( in oceanic still no Nintendo TV...) while the 3DS has a steady line of good games that are really fun and actually has everything promised.

I think the only differences between the usual 3DS and XL are that the screens are bigger( DUH), XL has a better battery life and apparently XL has better looking graphics? id go the extra $20 for the better battery life cause the normal 3DS sometimes lasts about 3hrs.... which isn't very good at times....

What I'm saying is that not wanting a 2DS because it doesn't have a flip screen is a stupid reason in my opinion.

I've owned portables that don't have flip screens. Nintendo knows how to make scratch-resistant screens. The 2DS is also designed better for your hand, as you have more to grab on without having to worry about fitting the controls on the bottom portion to be covered by the flip-screen.

If you have the money, I would go for the 3DS XL, but if you don't then the 2DS is a perfectly viable option. It depends on how much you're willing to pay. The only real variable is the 3D option, and if you aren't going to use that then there's really no reason to get a 3DS at all.

The XL's advantage over them all is its size and the 2DS's advantage is its price. If you want a system that has 3D but can't afford the larger size, then get the 3DS. Not because it's "better protected".

in fact the 3DS is my first flip-case device ever... I'm always afraid I'm breaking it, when I open or close it. I started with a grey brick of a gameboy, man I was probably the proudest 8-Year old, reaching the second level of Super Mario Land and making 10 Lines in Tetris :D

I have 3DS XL and I love it. Bigger is better :P 
Although my first handheld was the original Game Boy, I do understand his opinion of wanting to own a flip case handheld. This way the screen never will get scratched etc. IMO GBA SP > original GBA (and I'm not taking about the backlight the SP had). 

Maybe the only downside of the XL is the fact it becomes quiet heavy after a longer gaming session. I never experienced it with Fire Emblem Awakening, because I placed the 3DS on the table. However with Link between Worlds I noticed I couldn't keep on playing for a long time. Maybe a 2DS is light enough to not give you this kind of fatigueness? I don't know... Still imo 3DS XL > 2DS 

Maybe the only downside of the XL is the fact it becomes quiet heavy after a longer gaming session. I never experienced it with Fire Emblem Awakening, because I placed the 3DS on the table. However with Link between Worlds I noticed I couldn't keep on playing for a long time. Maybe a 2DS is light enough to not give you this kind of fatigueness? I don't know... Still imo 3DS XL > 2DS 

Maybe you should pay a visit to your local fitness center... never had this problem...

Maybe you should pay a visit to your local fitness center... never had this problem...

Maybe you deserve a price for comment of the year? 

Seriously... 

I'm trying to make a point, I don't need half assed comments like yours buddy. 

I'm sorry, didn't mean to insult you... I just never had this problem and always felt like the 3DS XL is among the rather light handhelds I own... than again, I own the grey brick of a Gen-1-Gameboy... but even this one was a rather light competitor on the market in its time. Well anyway, sorry, my comment wasn't meant mean spirited, please don't hold it against me.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to insult you... I just never had this problem and always felt like the 3DS XL is among the rather light handhelds I own... than again, I own the grey brick of a Gen-1-Gameboy... but even this one was a rather light competitor on the market in its time. Well anyway, sorry, my comment wasn't meant mean spirited, please don't hold it against me.

No problem, you're forgiven ;) Indeed the original Game Boy is a lightweight compared to modern handhelds :) 

Alrighty then. Once the great summer game drought kicks in I should have enough for one.

I have both but i definitely play my Wii U a lot more and will continue to play it more when they do a proper Metroid game and a new Legend of Zelda (hopefully better than skyward sword).

If you go with a Wii U, i highly recommend the Wii U Pro controller since the gamepad can be awkward to use occasionally and it's poor battery life. Good news is they're releasing a new longer life battery for the gamepad.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0