• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquila

Grand Theft Auto Online Shark Cards now available

7 posts in this topic

So it seems Rockstar has fixed their microtransaction system. The option to purchase in-game cash is now available again.

Red Shark Card: $100,000 ($2.99)

Tiger Shark Card: $200,000 ($4.99)

Bull Shark Card: $500,000 ($9.99)

Great White Shark Card: $1,250,000 ($19.99)

Whale Shark Card: $3,500,000 ($49.99)

Megalodon Shark Card: $8,000,000 ($99.99)

This makes the game a bit less of a grind, but I'm not too sure about these prices. Thoughts?

Way over priced. A million for 10 dollars seems closer to reasonable but still seems like a jip. Like am I going to buy one really nice car? Lame imo

Oracle7 likes this

I'm gonna add this to the list of cards in the opening post, but there's a new card availabe: The Megalodon

It's a card that costs... wait for it...

$99.99

That's $100 actual dollars. For how much you ask?

$8 Million.

So if I buy the $200,000 card instead of two $100,000 cards, I would have gotten the same amount for a dollar less. And two $200,000 cards costs the same as the $500,000 card. So I'm assuming the cards have a save value of a little less than $100,000 per extra tier. Buying two $500,000 cards costs the same as one $1.25 Million card... but you get an extra $250,000.

$100,000 may seem like a big number, but lemme tell you from experience that it goes VERY quickly. Especially on cars. Even on ammo, it depletes fast.

So am I out of line for saying that there's pretty much no value in these tiers? You could spend the same amount and only get a very small value above the previous tier, until you start paying $50 for these things and then you get like an extra million dollars above what you could get for the same dollar amount of the previous tiers. So I basically have to hand out lump sums of money instead of... y'know... MICRO transacting. Like damn, at least have the $20 tier be worth a damn.

So two $50 cards is worth $7 million, but one $100 card is worth $8 Million. So the value doesn't continue to scale. You're paying another $50 and you get about the same tier value as the previous tier. Which altogether is like... $2.25 Million over buying EVERYTHING individually?

I've never before in a game seen so much dollar amounts add up to so little. Especially considering what it costs. $100 a pop? Are you out of your fucking mind? Was announcing this card such a fucking focus of these updates? We could've gotten some of this Spring content sooner, but you had to set up a new payment plan so people could keep HEMORRHAGING time and money into what's essentially a beta test. Oh and let's nerf all the payouts for jobs and races while we're at it. Because God forbid people can earn money in the game without paying ACTUAL CURRENCY to have nice things. "The $60 initial price isn't enough, give us more money if you want to experience GTA Online fully."

GTA V is starting to really get on my nerves. It's a beautifully put together game, that's for damn sure. But beneath all the shiny bells and whistles it seems so hollow and vapid compared to their previous games. Almost soulless. I really hope this isn't a trend for Rockstar in the future. They visibly put a lot of effort into this game, but it seemingly deceives you with a shorter and less fulfilling singleplayer campaign in which like 3 heists are the only missions in the game that actually REWARD you and a multiplayer that has been nerfed, riddled with glitches and exploits, indoctrinated into a scam of a microtransaction plans, and if the heists coming out in June aren't worth a damn then I daresay that GTA Online has already reached the pinnacle of what fun there is to be had and unless you've got deep fucking pockets I suggest you move on to another online game.

I know that's not really a great attitude for someone who administrates the GTA Online crew to have, but I think I care more about sparing people from this frustration and moneygrubbing than I do trying to Pied Piper them into a wolves' den.

Or a SHARK den, in this case.

Lightning likes this

I only signed in to like that shit. Skark cards are fucking retarded and that last one is just a bit more ridiculous than the other ones. I say a bit because the other shark cards are bullshit as well. Clearly they nerfed the payouts on everything so fools will buy into this shit. This is exactly why I call all those douches that tried to get other people banned by giving them millions of hacked monies heroes! Wish they would start hacking lots of money again and give it to the people so Rockstar can kiss our asses a second time.

It's my opinion that they're either banking on people being very desperate or not having a grasp on GTA Online economy. If these prices were slashed to half, or even a third of what they are now, it would be more value for what you're paying them. $500,000 for $4.99, $3.5 Million for $20. I know that seems like "oh that's a whole lot of in-game money" but really that's because everything in GTA Online is so damn expensive.

You can spend $500,000 in that game in less than 30 minutes. Either by buying a new property, an expensive car, mods/ammo for your weapons, or mods for your car. Hell even some of the more expensive clothing options, one store in GTA Online is capable of depleting $10 of actual money instantly.

The fact that you need to pay at least $20 to $50 to have any actual buying power in a video game is ludicrous. They've purposefully jacked up all the prices in the Online mode. Buying the same thing in Single Player costs a fraction of what it costs in multiplayer.

Why has no one else called Rockstar out on this? The media and critics have coddled them in the beginning, but now that details have been made to light on their Online features and the game itself has had a chance to sink in, it seems like nobody dares say anything bad about the game other than the irate community.

They only made it a "grind" to get cash in GTAVO to try and get players to get these stupid cards (R* ain't slick).

When the GTA$ economy was broken and lots of people had millions and billions, there was one thing that was different. It sounded like people were kind of having fun! Then R* took action and I feel like no one plays it as much. I'm glad that my hacked $2 billion dollars is gone, believe me, but I feel that I'm desperate in that game which is not a feeling I want. When I do a job I want to say "Yeah! I'm gonna buy a new Car!" not "Yay! $2,000 that I will spend on sticky bombs and maybe ammo." R* could've easily left everyone that got hacked $2 million in their bank accounts. Just saying.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0