• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jinzuro

Ip Man Series [Martial Arts Movie]

18 posts in this topic

Now I can say I have watched all 4 movies about Ip Man. The prequel, the 2 when he was middle aged, and the one ending with him as an old man. Now the actors for the prequel and the final film are different. Their not the best, but their a good watch. The 2 movies in the center of the series with actor Donnie Yen portraying himself as Bruce Lee's master Yip Man, damn beautiful. Now the first Ip Man staring Donnie Yen I hold in favor above the 2nd movie he did afterwards, but I enjoy them both. If you haven't had a taste of the greatness that this movie brings, here's a taste of some action for you. The pure work of destruction this guy brings when he actually gets pissed off. He breaks them all. If you want to skip straight to the fight its at 3:50 point in the link.

Kaz32 likes this

This movie is awesome. And there's another thread that showcases the awesomeness of the fight scene here amongst other great ones as well. Join in the fun!

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/8966-badass-movie-fight-scenes-thread-enjoy-the-awesomeness/

Whaaa. There was such a godly thread as this. I'm all in.

Kaz32 likes this

Whaaa. There was such a godly thread as this. I'm all in.

If you can find the full final fight scene from the MMA movie Warrior, please share it. The fight scenes that I got is unfortunately cut in the middle.

If you can find the full final fight scene from the MMA movie Warrior, please share it. The fight scenes that I got is unfortunately cut in the middle.

The one with the two brothers?

I love Ip man movies so much but ever since i saw this Video BELOW i cant help but think of it every time i see the 10 karate black belt scene

Jinzuro and Cevap like this

Wing Chun is a pretty awesome style, and of course Bruce Lee is one of the biggest badasses in movie and martial art history.

I should give this a look sometime.

I love Ip man movies so much but ever since i saw this Video BELOW i cant help but think of it every time i see the 10 karate black belt scene

Lord man why. I couldn't stop laughing. Just when I was about to go to bed too. This killed me. What movie is this?

Wing Chun is a pretty awesome style, and of course Bruce Lee is one of the biggest badasses in movie and martial art history.

I should give this a look sometime.

That it is. Bruce Lee never defeated his master either. I can only imagine how much greater Bruce would have become if he'd lived longer. What movies he would have created to see him go up on screen against Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, or Jet Li. But yes, I would definitely say to check the movies out. There are 4 in series including a new one thats from a different director called "The Grandmaster". But the one's featuring Donnie Yen I felt were the best of them.

Only saw the first one, really enjoyed it 

I've only seen the 2 Donnie Yen films of Ip Man. The first one is pretty good, the second not so much though it has its moments.

Only saw the first one, really enjoyed it 

Definitely worth it to see the rest. I wish they made much more films like Ip Man. There simply just aren't enough of them.

I've only seen the 2 Donnie Yen films of Ip Man. The first one is pretty good, the second not so much though it has its moments.

Yeah.... That is always the issue with films these days and their sequels. Very few have the strength of the first. They should just make one long movie the first time and then cut it in two to fix this problem. Maybe that will work.

Lord man why. I couldn't stop laughing. Just when I was about to go to bed too. This killed me. What movie is this?

That it is. Bruce Lee never defeated his master either. I can only imagine how much greater Bruce would have become if he'd lived longer. What movies he would have created to see him go up on screen against Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, or Jet Li. But yes, I would definitely say to check the movies out. There are 4 in series including a new one thats from a different director called "The Grandmaster". But the one's featuring Donnie Yen I felt were the best of them.

It is called

All's well, Ends Well 2010

Jinzuro likes this

It is called

All's well, Ends Well 2010

I will definitely check it out. Thank you.

At first I really liked the first 2 movies with Donnie Yen. This is some of the best fight scenes I have seen in recent years.

...but...Then I realize that the first movie is incredibly anti-japanese and not just because it takes place in WWII. It's typical anti-jap movie made in China.

The second movie is anti-white people and then turned Rocky at the end.

No seriously, he beats the asshole white guy and then makes a whole we should get along speech like Rocky.

The Donnie Yen adaptions even though on Netflix, I was compelled to buy them on disc to support them. Damn awesome movies, on my all-time favorites list.

At first I really liked the first 2 movies with Donnie Yen. This is some of the best fight scenes I have seen in recent years.

...but...Then I realize that the first movie is incredibly anti-japanese and not just because it takes place in WWII. It's typical anti-jap movie made in China.

No seriously, he beats the asshole white guy and then makes a whole we should get along speech like Rocky.

Such movies will exist no matter what country your in and in many cases its more apart of the culture. So many behave in such the way they don't even think on it and a lot do act on such terms subconsciously. Personally I think the more individuals that just stop caring about it the better. To much attention is placed on differences of race and the stereotypes that come along with them. I always tell people the best thing is just not to be offended since the purpose of it is to insult you. When you react, you give them that pleasure of what they've been seeking. Unless its being done in a way to give bodily harm I always treat against it with an odd attitude that just throws them off.

The Donnie Yen adaptions even though on Netflix, I was compelled to buy them on disc to support them. Damn awesome movies, on my all-time favorites list.

I bought them for my mother and myself since we both enjoyed the films.

Japanese are the easy targets for a ww2 villain, just like the nazi. Although it is kinda ironic since he fled to HK because of the Chinese, not the Japanese.