• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

alaugh0601

Was New Vegas The Best Place To Start?

29 members have voted

1. 1. which one?

• Fallout 3
    • Fallout New Vagas
    • Give all the money to (your name here)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

One thing that I've noticed ever since the forums have started is the Angry Army's overall love for the Fallout franchise.  Coincidentally enough I recently found Fallout: New Vegas...... I was bored out of my mind, and I honestly don't know why because it has everything I love.  It has a character creator, a vast of open world, tons of likable character, and pretty much just let's you do what ever you want.  So I wanted to ask the Angry Army if New Vegas is the best Fallout game for new players, I have heard more praise for Fallout 3, so I might try that.

New Vegas is the best IMO. F3 had glitches galore and it's not optimized for Windows 7. 

I prefer the setting for Fallout 3 and the characters (except Little Lamplight .... that place got modded and gunned to the ground .... annoying little bastards).

The story is slightly better in New Vegas but I didn't like the setting. I modded that heavily to change ... pretty much everything.

It doesn't really matter where you start though. There isn't much in the way of a story connecting the games and what you do in Fallout 3 doesn't change anything in New Vegas.

Fallout 1 and 2 are good, but they're radically different from the new series by Bethesda. New Vegas is a bit closer to the original games than Fallout 3.

And frankly I don't care about glitches. I've had a lot of glitches in good games such as Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed.

Gone too likes this

I prefer the setting for Fallout 3 and the characters (except Little Lamplight .... that place got modded and gunned to the ground .... annoying little bastards).

The story is slightly better in New Vegas but I didn't like the setting. I modded that heavily to change ... pretty much everything.

It doesn't really matter where you start though. There isn't much in the way of a story connecting the games and what you do in Fallout 3 doesn't change anything in New Vegas.

F3 story is better IMO. In NV a guy shoots your point blank in the head, you miraculously survive, and go seek your revenge. Not very original.

I would say that I liked the story better in FO3, but everything else is better in NV.

Just my opinion.

Hmm im about to play Fallout 3 again and New Vegas too. I think that for Beginners Fallout 3 is the best because you start in a vault and shit. Fallout 3 is alos made for Beginners and newbies to the Fallout Universe in terms of story and stuff you get to know a lot about what happend before the Great War and so on. Fallout 3 IMO is more Beginner Friendly then New Vegas.

I definately preffered regular Fallout 3. There's nothing really wrong with New Vegas, but I didn't feel like there was as much to do in it.

One thing that I've noticed ever since the forums have started is the Angry Army's overall love for the Fallout franchise.  Coincidentally enough I recently found Fallout: New Vegas...... I was bored out of my mind, and I honestly don't know why because it has everything I love.  It has a character creator, a vast of open world, tons of likable character, and pretty much just let's you do what ever you want.  So I wanted to ask the Angry Army if New Vegas is the best Fallout game for new players, I have heard more praise for Fallout 3, so I might try that.

If you didn't like New Vegas and found it boring, then you're not going to like FO 3 or any other fps RPG's for that matter, as next to The Elder Scrolls, Fallout is considered one of the best RPG series of all time. Stick to whatever else you find amusing and don't bother.

Fallout 3 is by far the better introductory game more backstory on the wasteland and all that, but in my opinion New Vegas surpassed it in enemy variety guns customization and just all around overall features. Still Fallout 3 is an epic ride/long yet enjoyable walk across the capitol wasteland.

I loved the story of Fallout 3 more, but I love Fallout NV overall more. I've started from scratch and have already sunk 40+ hours into it with my new character and its still a blast. I would recommend starting with Fallout 3 and then once you beat that head in NV.

AlShareef114 likes this

I liked both of them a lot, but I think the world was better in Fallout 3. Since I like to explore in this kind of game, that is really important to me. More so than the story. 

New Vegas is more focused on the quest and expansive world. 3 is more story driven in my opinion. While the story in New Vegas is direct, there are enough side activities which you could get lost in for hours. 3 doesn't have as much in terms of side activities so you will do the story a lot quicker in that game.

Are you playing unmodded or modded? Some people can't seem to get into New Vegas without a few mods, and personally I have a hard time playing without Project Nevada at least... also some cleaner textures.

F3 story is better IMO. In NV a guy shoots your point blank in the head, you miraculously survive, and go seek your revenge. Not very original.

You didn't play far enough. There is more to the story than that.

Fallout 1 and 2 are good, but they're radically different from the new series by Bethesda. New Vegas is a bit closer to the original games than Fallout 3.

Yeah, Fallout New Vegas feels a lot more like the classics than Fallout 3 did. I liked both but NV was my favorite.

Are you playing unmodded or modded? Some people can't seem to get into New Vegas without a few mods, and personally I have a hard time playing without Project Nevada at least... also some cleaner textures.

You didn't play far enough. There is more to the story than that.

If you're referring to the Hoover Dam battle thing, yeah I forgot about that. 

If you're referring to the Hoover Dam battle thing, yeah I forgot about that. 

And Yes Man, Mr. House, the war between New Californian Republic and Caesar's Legion. Those are all connected to the main quest. You're leaving out a lot.

And Yes Man, Mr. House, the war between New Californian Republic and Caesar's Legion. Those are all connected to the main quest. You're leaving out a lot.

You're right. Sorry, I'm just stupid and say stuff without thinking.

1 and 2 are two of my favorite games. I didn't like 3 or New Vegas much but did think Vegas was a huge improvement especially when it comes to writing and sticking to Fallout series lore, like all recent Bethesda games (or ones running on their engine in NV case) you have to let the PC modding community fix the games and improve on them. 

No, in my opinion the best fallout game for new players would have to be fallout 3, new vegas is fun and all but fallout 3 is way better and has a better storyline 

Frozen_arow likes this

Personally, Fallout isn't for everyone. It can get boring from time to time because of all the walking.

New Vegas is the best IMO. F3 had glitches galore and it's not optimized for Windows 7. 

I remember NV having the game-killing glitches, actually.

But back on point; New Vegas wasn't bad at all. It was an enjoyable experience and I dare every bastard in here to go to the base in vegas and start a fire-fight. You know you want to. Fallout 3 was great too, much fun, little back on graphics but still a great experience. It's honestly a toss-up between the two for which you want to play.

I remember NV having the game-killing glitches, actually.

But back on point; New Vegas wasn't bad at all. It was an enjoyable experience and I dare every bastard in here to go to the base in vegas and start a fire-fight. You know you want to. Fallout 3 was great too, much fun, little back on graphics but still a great experience. It's honestly a toss-up between the two for which you want to play.

Both have glitches up the arse,it's just that FO 3 has even more than NV.

It's like that with Bethesda games

-Sorry for the double post.

I'd personally start with Fallout 3, because it's a great introduction to what New Vegas has to offer. The engine is pretty much the same, and it has the same gameplay, and once you feel happy that you've figured out the best way to play Fallout 3, I'd take that knowledge over and play New Vegas almost like an expansion pack. The missions are set up in nearly the same way, and the fresh content is a godsend.

Knighthawk23 likes this