• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

alaugh0601

Was New Vegas The Best Place To Start?

29 members have voted

1. 1. which one?

• Fallout 3
    • Fallout New Vagas
    • Give all the money to (your name here)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

Well ship, looks like steam voted for NV by making it $6.79

so i guess ill be getting that one. thank you all for your input oh and TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!!

P.S. Mana your avatar thing is fishing awesome 10/10 would bang

Edit:

I guess i should lock the thread now...

I don't know how to do that so ill just leave it to one of the mods

Fallout 3 is a good start thx to the VATS system. Also in the beginning of the game, regardless of your choice, you get a house which is usefull to store weapons and items you can sell or use to craft things.

Then after Fallout 3, you can play New Vegas which has the VATS system aswell ;) 

New Vegas was more serious for me. Fallout three was more easy in progress and had some major bugs and balance issues(never ran out of money and everything was easy to find), I would say they solve most of them in new Vegas. Still buggy in both but fallout three crashed the most for me. I got both strategy guides with my purchases and went everywhere in fallout three and new Vegas, and Vegas was far better. Three had a cooler city section but these huge fields of land with nothing but random events. New Vegas at least had more filler and story behind each place which was shown and told very well so I knew A little backstory, instead of some in three like a random shack.

I'd go for "Fallout New Vages." I never heard of that one. Must be some new sex sim mod.

I'd go for "Fallout New Vages." I never heard of that one. Must be some new sex sim mod.

haha real funny ass hole, it was 4 in the moring

I've asked a lot of people about this myself, and I like both games, but the consensus seems to be that there's more to do in New Vegas and it has a few gameplay improvements, but the plot in Fallout 3 is more interesting.  Another thing people tell me that Fallout 3 is glitchy on PC and New Vegas is glitchy on consoles.

haha real funny ass hole, it was 4 in the moring

Woah. No need for hostility now.

Although I need to point out that you changed it to "vagas."

Fallout New Vegas, has not got a strong story like Fallout 3. But it makes up with the modding community, love the mods like Project Brazil!

In Vegas you have to get a Strategy Guide, you can f*** your storyline so quick otherwise. Thee are broken and unfinished storylines and backstories. It seems like disconnected segiments never fully come to realization and Vegas is a desert, which is a great analogy for it's deserted f***ing lands. You have to walk for f***ing ever to get past the filler. If you go on the hardest difficulting, survival is mostly about packing enough f***ing liquid so you don't dehydrate on your long a** hike into nothingness. They has a massive sniping point and left it useless, what the hell.

Also, those that compare Skyrim to Fallout is like saying they are the same, because they are both R.P.G.'s and the controls are the same. This is like saying Halo 1 is the same as CoD BO2, because they both are killing people ajd they shoot bullets.

If you don't care about graphic you don't have to think a moment, Fallout 1&2 are masterworks particularly the latter. If you want something more modern the Fallout 3 is your better choice. If you do so remember to mod the crap out of it or you will end up in a dumbed down game with barely any difficulty.

New Vegas is empty and a huge let down. You go to the towns expecting a major awe inpspired town and it is soo anti climactic once you get there.

Think about this, flamingos look monsterous, huge, majestic, regal, etc. In reality, they are only a foot to a foot and a half, TOPS. This is Fallout New Vegas.

New Vegas is empty and a huge let down. You go to the towns expecting a major awe inpspired town and it is soo anti climactic once you get there.

Think about this, flamingos look monsterous, huge, majestic, regal, etc. In reality, they are only a foot to a foot and a half, TOPS. This is Fallout New Vegas.

Whoa. Vegas is empty. With camp mccarron, hoover dam, and the strip? Yes it is a desert but a wacky desert with a lot to see.

Camp McCarren has 3 quests in a empty camp. The Strip is overrated and leaves you disppointed. The Hoover Damn is a bad attempt at making you feel like you are part of a real war.

Overall I liked 3 better. But NV did a much better job with dialogue options. In 3, even if I had maxed speech and charisma I would most of the time only get a 30% chance to convince anyone of anything. In NV, you either met the requirement or you did not, just that simple. As far as combat goes 3 is better as I am not really a fan of the whole DT thing in NV. Plus NV is harder than it should be. The Normal mode in NV is like 3's hard mode. Oh and a tip for NV, do not piss off the Legion or NCR early in the game or they will send assassins after you who are OP for the time. If that happens just run your ass off. Unless you have some good weapons and are good at avoiding attacks.

I like Fallout:NV  the modding community is still very active and has some really awesome mods. 

Such as: See 17:00 for the best dialogue ever in a mod. 

Kid: Sir, why did you kill all my friends?

Player: Because i thought you were going to mug me and stab me. 

Kid: Why would we do that?

Player: Because you are kids. 

Kid: Awww...

Fallout 3 is B-O-R-I-N-G!

Fallout: New Vegas is excellent though!

The difference comes not in the mechanics, which are identical, but in the quest design, the writing, the humor and how even the smallest of quests tie in to the fate of the Mojave that you leave behind.  It's just a better realized experience than Fallout 3.  Fallout 3 just has a bunch of small, disparate parts that never make an interesting whole.

I count New Vegas as one of the best RPGs of this past gen, and I count Fallout 3 as one of the major letdowns.  It helps that New Vegas was made by a lot of the guys who worked on the original Fallout games.  Fallout 3 was Bethesda though and you can definitely tell since it follows their formula of "put a ton of random crap in the game and hope it keeps people busy."

They're pretty different games.

Fallout 3 was pretty much for exploring. The quests were extremely plain and uninteresting, but you could pick a random direction you hadn't been in yet and wander for hours and hours and never see the same thing twice.

New Vegas is the opposite, everything is extremely flat and boring to explore, but there was plenty of quest related motivation to go places.