• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

What's your favourite Console?   54 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite Console?

• Nintendo Entertainment System. Super Nintendo. Nintendo 64 Nintendo Gamecube.
    • Nintendo Wii, Nintendo WiiIU.
    • Nintendo Gameboy. Nintendo Gameboy Colour. Nintendo Gameboy Advanced.
    • Nintendo DS, DS XL. Nintendo 2DS, 2DS XL. Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL.
    • Playstation 1. Playstation 2. Playstation 3.
    • Playstation Portable. Playstation Vita.
    • Xbox. Xbox 360. Xbox One.
    • Sega, Sega Genesis.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

A rather large thread and probably one that most people will have a HUGE variety of choice in.

Feel free to post why you like the system you select & which system it was you chose.

So without further flooding of the start post lets begin:

My favourite Console of all time would have to be the Nintendo 64 because it's got the best selection of games that i remember off by heart & enjoyed while growing up as a child in the 90's, popular titles such as, Conkers Bad Fur Day or Zelda: Ocarina of Time are just a few titles to name, and many of the games on the system were 4 player because there was no Online play, it was fantastic back in the day & i still enjoy a game of Mario Party with my friends.

Since you have all the playstations in there together, I'm definately choosing that option.

I've owned PS1 and PS2 and they were both amazing consoles regarding the amount of quality games and console lifetime.

To the end of my days, I will ALWAYS be a Playstation fanboy. Something about those systems just clicks with me, and I always love when I'm playing them.

Well in the end have to go with Playstation. Just have more exclusives and characters that I've enjoyed more over the years plus they seem to be the most hardy of consoles, I've had yet to have my PSone, PS2, or PS3 die on me, while a few of the others from Nintendo and Microsoft have kicked the bucket. Not saying other companies are worst just that I've gotten more enjoyment out of the Playstation systems.

You see I loved the gameboys and I prefer the Wii/DS over the Xbox/PS2, and I never owned a PS3 but Xbox360 seems so much better to me and I got a PS4 and am never getting Xbox One.

Battleofthedoomz likes this

I have to go with playstation. I realy like their exclusives and my first console was ps1.

Xbox didn't have much exclusives and ps4s spring exclusives sound great but Xbox he currently has the best exclusives and the Xbox360s exclusives are way better than most ox3 ones

I would go for the first, third, forth, fifth and sixth option. All these consoles have brought me superb times throughout the years. 

Oh and why do you include XboxOne for the Microsoft family & exclude PS4 of the Sony family? :P  :lol:

As a kid I grew up and started my gaming habits with the ps1.

I grew up with characters like crash bandicoot, spyro and croc and even had a go at trying to control Lara in the old tomb raider games (and we all know how easy that was)

I remember having to make space on the memory card when I got a new game, it actually mattered how much space a game took to save!

Freyja likes this

I enjoyed almost every old School System i grew up with but i voted for SEGA...and... WHERE IS THE DREAMCAST?

I'm going with Playstation. I have played on some of the other systems and still game on the Xbox 360 but I always end up going back to Playstation. The Playstation was the first console to really get me into gaming and still is my console of choice for games. The others are neat but Playstation will always be my favorite. :D:P

thedefilier likes this

as much as I love my 360, I have to vote for Playstation mainly because of the PS2. PS1 was great (though hasn't aged too well), but PS2 was a freakin juggernaut in gaming. PS3, while still good, sort of felt like an afterthought compared to PS2. The 360 has the best controller, imo, and I've had some of the best gaming experiences on it (As well as some of the worst, ie - going through 5 360's) but in terms of sheer impact and exclusives, the PS2 wins for me.

SNES is arguably the best old school console though, even though I grew up with Genesis; and I feel like we'd have none of what we have today if it weren't for the NES, so have to give props.

Toss up between the N64 and PS2 for me.  Overall though I think I enjoyed more games with the PS era of games and I'm still picking up some older games I missed from PS1.

Gotta go with the PS2. Has some of the best games out there

Well my console experience is limited to.

Some old system I cant remember beyond the fact that it existed.

PS2, and PS3 2 is better, way way better.

Xbox 360.

I would have stuck with Sega had it not died out with the Dreamcast.

No GameGear? for shame lol

Playstation brand is my main choice but the Sega Genesis was my first console I ever had.

R-Zone is the best console ever why did you not put it on the poll!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

R-Zone FTW

I'll go with Classic Nintendo, because that's what I grew up with.  Mario Bros 3 is still one of my favorite games.

Dreamcast- the console was ahead of its time plus had solid software