• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

77 posts in this topic

Counterstrike, Metro, and Borderlands (all series) for me. Counterstrike (1.6) was the first PC FPS I played; I only played consoles before then so it was my indoctrination into both FPS and PC really. I've played it for 10 years now and I never get tired of it. I can go back to 1.6 now and play and still enjoy it as much if not more than any other game in my Steam library. I love the atmosphere and gameplay in Metro as a difficult (depending on the difficulty level), survival FPS. I love the gameplay and loot-grab aspect of the Borderlands series and I especially like the humor in Borderlands 2. A lot of people seem to have mixed feelings about the dialogue and humor in Borderlands 2 but I absolutely love it. I think Anthony Burch and the other writers knocked it out of the park on the level of the best Bioware and Valve games.

Badguy292 likes this

I think that it depends whether you mean single player fps or multiplayer fps. It's difficult to compare say half life 2 to planetside 2.

My favorite single player fps is Bioshock Infinite.I know a lot of people found the combat to be stale or unsatisfying but I loved some of the interesting new vigors like my personal favorite Bucking Bronco. I do agree that some of the weapon designs were a little uninspired compared to previous Bioshock weapons like the awesome harpoon gun from Bioshock 2 ; I do however think that the fast paced gameplay of the thrilling skyhook battles more than made up for that.couple this fun gameplay with one of the most involving and complex narratives in video game history and THE most beautifully designed world in any form of media and you have a winner in my book.

My favorite multiplayer fps is counter strike : global offensive. I love the incredibly satisfying gunplay mixed with large amounts of intense strategy on defusal missions. I generally stick to casual but I nonetheless feel that counter strike really brings out a competitve side in me. 

I think that it depends whether you mean single player fps or multiplayer fps. It's difficult to compare say half life 2 to planetside 2.

My favorite single player fps is Bioshock Infinite.I know a lot of people found the combat to be stale or unsatisfying but I loved some of the interesting new vigors like my personal favorite Bucking Bronco. I do agree that some of the weapon designs were a little uninspired compared to previous Bioshock weapons like the awesome harpoon gun from Bioshock 2 ; I do however think that the fast paced gameplay of the thrilling skyhook battles more than made up for that.couple this fun gameplay with one of the most involving and complex narratives in video game history and THE most beautifully designed world in any form of media and you have a winner in my book.

My favorite multiplayer fps is counter strike : global offensive. I love the incredibly satisfying gunplay mixed with large amounts of intense strategy on defusal missions. I generally stick to casual but I nonetheless feel that counter strike really brings out a competitve side in me. 

i understand that so that's why i made it so you can vote for more than one game.  also i thing bioshock infinite was amazing  :D

Halo series ftw :)

payday 2

I am appalled to see Battlefield with more votes than DOOM...what is wrong with some people?

I am appalled to see Battlefield with more votes than DOOM...what is wrong with some people?

well this is the AJSA. we are kinda a BF fan base

It's not really that surprising. Often the most recently played (and enjoyed) game will garner the most votes for any kind of category. I would speculate that's one of the reasons why Bioshock Infinite was loved by all and then a few months later people started pissing and moaning about all the things they didn't like about it, once it wasn't new anymore. A lot of polls will end up as popularity contests as it's difficult to separate feelings of "shiny" and nostalgia from actual quality of experience. Also, while I like Doom, it's also more than 20 years old now so some, or a lot, of gamers won't have played it at all, unfortunately. I have and I still prefer Counterstrike and the Metro series. I love Half-Life and I still didn't even vote for it because I like other things more; they're both still classics though, and I'd recommend them to anyone who's interested in the classics and/or gaming history. It's not too different from TV/movies really, I don't think there's a lot of younger people who are huge fans of the Marx brothers nowadays. It's an interesting discussion really, but it's probably kind of off topic here.

Edit: Oh, I didn't mean to insinuate anything negative about BF4 or other games that have more votes than Doom but after re-reading what I wrote that might be how this is interpreted.

Honestly I was too young/non-existent when the first DOOM came out so I had never tried it or went back to play it  :unsure:

Edit: Sorry for double post

Edited by storminn0rm4n

No Vegas 2 :(

lol i only have space for 20 choses

Old games: NOLF series, Half-Life series, the old II. WW games like MoHAA and CoD1-2.

New games: Borderlands 1-2, Bioshock series, Metro LL, FarCry 3

DooM by a LARGE margin. No game has the replay value DooM has.

Add ns2 right at this moment.

This was the most obnoxious way I could say that I was disapointed about this game not being on that list.

Quake is always awesome, just not the Quake Live or those cheap knock off releases.

quake_iii_arena_desktop_wallpaper_2-1920

I loved the Unreal Tournament 2004 game. Played the crap out of it for a good few years. In my view it is the best arena shooter ever made. With respect to Quake ofc and UT99. But I honestly think it was the greatest game made by Epic and that they ended the UT franchise on the abismal UT3 was just painful as heck. At the moment outside of the resurgence from Quake Live and Shootmania, I think the arena shooter is pretty much dead. Which is sad, as they are among the most skill based and fun FPS games out there (in my opinion). While CS and few other FPS games persist offering a decent skill based FPS, it doesn't meet the UT franchise in the over all community and competitive scene. At the moment however I think Shootmania is one the best arena based FPS games atm, especially as the competitive mode ony requires 6 people (3 v 3), rewards good team play as well as individual skill. Plus the map maker really means the potential arenas can vary so much as to make memorising locations less important than being able to adapt and utalise skills on the fly.

There are some amazing FPS games out there, so don't take this as a pure arena fan. I love Natural Selection 2 as it was an example of a really well done mix of FPS and RTS. L4D is a great co-op and PvP experiance, BF series is one of my long running favourites, and the ArmA series is a definitive Military Experiance with a lot of community and fun to be had.

Maverick Bison likes this

Two fps games i still play years later are left 4 dead 2 and team fortress 2. I'm a sucker for valve games i guess, but the characters from team fortress are the best and very balanced. And the the frantic action from the left 4 dead games are second to none. I still clinch my sphincter when a hunter leaps at me. Lol

Two fps games i still play years later are left 4 dead 2 and team fortress 2. I'm a sucker for valve games i guess, but the characters from team fortress are the best and very balanced. And the the frantic action from the left 4 dead games are second to none. I still clinch my sphincter when a hunter leaps at me. Lol

I still love L4D2 and L4D1, they are outstanding sources of great team work and vs mayhem. Many times have I played matches with 7 other people on VS and literally laughed my ass off at the amount of insanity that happens. Be it a Jockey that causes a survivor to run for miles with no hope of rescue, or that ultimate Tank throw that hits a survivor literally miles away and clinches the win. It's frantic fun and absolutely hlllarious. Turtle Rock made one of the most memorable co-op experiance I have ever had flat out.

Now TF2 I loved at first and spent a lot of time playing. It was a very fun and funny game that worked really well. But the state it is in now, is just unbalanced and lacks the enjoyment factor outside of literally going OP set-ups with clan mates and wiping the enemy off the board without fail. If they had managed the weapons with a bit more sense it would have been my FPS of choice at this time. But sadly as it leads often to more furious moments than levity I no longer enjoy it as I once did. I can deffinetly see the appeal of it for a lot of people, don't get me wrong. But I think they ruined the over all balance and enjoyment too much and made it less fun by doing so.

I think its safe to say, My poll is quite popular   :D

I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but my favorite older FPS is Command & Conquer Renegade.

Most certainly CS 1.6, heck even before 1.6. In the early days of CS, like beta or 1.0/1.1. Castle Wolfenstein was out before Doom, and that is my first FPS experience. i was hooked ever since. I like UT (the original) but mostly played that in LAN. UT did have a mod called Tactical Ops that was like CS, but it didn't catch on like CS did. Of course there is Quake. But for me the longest running multiplayer game that you can still go play to this day is CS. Like the guy mentioned before, I can go play 1.6 and still enjoy every minute of it.