• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Conor

Best Zelda game.

Best Zelda Game   28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Zelda Game?

• Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    • Link to the Past
    • Link's Awakening
    • Orcarina of Time
    • Majora's Mask
    • Oracle Seasons
    • The Wind Waker
    • Four Swords Adventures
    • Twlight Princess
    • The Minish Cap
    • Crossbow Training
    • Skyward Sword
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • A Link Between Worlds
  2. 2. Do you own?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Which Zelda game is your favorite, I put them all in encase. My favorite is Majora's Mask, I have it for the gamecube and it's great and really unique. I loved the story and still don't have all masks.

I DO NOT OWN The Oracles, Link's Awakening, Minish Cap, Crossbow training, Link to the Past and a Link between worlds.

What, you didn't put Nintendo 64? A lot of us grew up with that system. :B

My personal favorite is Link to the Past. It's a game that's ahead of its time if you ask me, it's got the most dungeons out of any Zelda game ever made and you can almost tackle them in any order. It's almost a sandbox game.

Not to mention the cool sidequests and side characters that you meet.

ClawManStar likes this

Mmmh... I'm not sure if A Link to the Past or A Link between Worlds... I mean if you take out the nostalgia factor, the two games are pretty similar.

I'm sticking to my old love for Link to the Past. Link Between Worlds is great aswell & gains the second spot. Still I prefered the reward system of Link to the Past, namely finish dungeon X, you get weapon X. The thought behind Link Between Worlds was great, but in reality I owned all weapons quiet early (I never died) and despite the Master Ore, Hylian shield & better suits, there was not really a reward for each dungeon. After completion of the game, you unlock Hero Mode. Maybe that will change the game's mechanics. 

Also... why do you put the Wii and the Gamecube together as 1 option?!  :lol: I own a Gamecube, but not a Wii. 

I believe that everyones first zelda game is going to be their favorite. I know that's true for me at least. and that game, was link to the past babeh. To this day I've never actually sat down and FINISHED it. But the parts I have played...It will always hold a special place in my heart.

Wind Waker. It was charming, the gameplay was tight and the story was fairly good for a formulaic Zelda story.

Link to the Past is definitely my favorite iteration in the LoZ series, where i'd say ocarina comes in at 2nd and windwaker at 3rd. I still really like Link's awakening as it was more like the original NES LoZ.  

I try to beat Link to the Past at least once a year, this past summer I did a 100% playthrough in about 3 sessions of determined playtime.

mmmh... I kind of can't really get into Spirit tracks... I always wanted a steampunk-zelda, but this one is not steampunky enough and the stylus control is about the most stupid thing I've ever seen.

I have every game except Skyward Sword. I'd have to say my top three favorites are:

1.Ocarina of Time (For obvious reasons)

2. A Link to the Past (Was my first own Zelda game)

3. Twilight Princess (Loved the story and how Wolf/Twilight gameplay was set up)

I have the Zelda Collectors Editon or the gamecube and I love both Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time in it, but overall I loved MM.

To me it'd be Majora's Mask, I find it funny that even though Ocarina of Time is not only the first Zelda game I ever played, it's also the first game I ever played, it's not my favorite, while I didn't particularly care for Majora's Mask when I first played it seven years ago and thought it was the worst Zelda game due to the time limit, it grew on me over the years and realized the dark tone and subtly that it had, plus I thought it was a challenging game, while it only had four dungeons in the entire adventure, they were pretty hard, at least for me when I first played, and I love the side-quests and what it has to offer, the world was big, not because of sheer size but because of what's going on, and it eventually became my all time favorite game, so I didn't pick this one for nostalgia sake and I'm glad that it's fan base is growing, hopefully we'll see a 3DS or WiiU remake sometime in the future

Twilight Princess, cause Twilight, and Wolf Link, and Midna. I preferred the darker atmosphere.

I love every Zelda I played, but Twilight Princess narrowly edged out the other games. I just found the dungeons to be the best. Only reason I picked it. 

Otherwise from a design perspective I'd have taken Skyward Sword for fully realizing the potential of the Wii.

As far as sense of adventure goes, Wind Waker is my favorite.

For overall importance I'll take Ocarina of Time.

For trying something new and unique I'll give the nod to Majora's Mask.

I have never played a handheld Zelda however.

Twilight Princess, cause Twilight, and Wolf Link, and Midna. I preferred the darker atmosphere.

There are no shiny Not-Vampires in Twilight Princess :P

OoT. By far my favorite. I got it when I was ten, and have loved it ever since.

Link to the Past (SNES)

I haven't played many Zelda and am not really a fan of the serie. I both like it and almost hate it. But I got Minish Cap when it came out back in the days, and liked it. It was cute, story was kinda good, graphics were great (and still are as for today), gameplay was good, there were good various sets, based on fire, earth, water, wind, light, dark, .. The minish-side wasn't weak and pretty well done, the little companion was cool to have with, etc.

Besides that, I kinda the first Zelda. I still play it sometimes on my "nes classic" on GBA, and.. everytime I die I pick "save and continue" or Idk what option, and forget that it brings me back to the beggining and I have to redo the entire progression..

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Because I found the gameplay of Zelda games better fit the point of view in Link to the Past than 3d. It still holds up to this date as one of the most fun games I've ever played. It has a good difficulty curve, and the gadgets were more fun to use.