• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cool breeze

BF4 sucks

30 posts in this topic

Ok let me clarify a little...if recently picked up bf4 as its on sale for 49.99 at game stop...got a gift card for xmas so here we go..also the reason I held off on the game is all the issues that BF4 has been having...

....I am a campaign guy....I do not play the MP unless I play through the campaign first...(I might have to make an exception for this game)

So far playing the campaign has been terrible...sound off for what you guys think and please this is not a COD vs BF4...

Here are my issues with the campaign:

Too many hits to kill enemies...I'm emptying magazines into AI and they are not going down...

too many hits on helicopters/tanks....rocket hits for a direct hit should bring it down...I go to shoot and hit it and enemies still deploy out of the helicopter...tanks hits are a minimum 4 hits and they always seem to reload faster than me?

I do not like the engage enemy button...the AI that plays as your teams are completely stupid and useless...they do not call out enemy locations but run around and confuse me even more!

Too much cussing for the dialogue...if you know me...I don’t mind the cussing just not the mindless using of it....it’s a little over the top

So far the cut-scenes and character development is terrible...the game does not bring me into the world of the game or any of the missions I have completed so far....

I don’t like all of the vehicle driven missions…you’re a Marine Recon…not a tank driver or a rally race car driver….

I would to hear from any die-hard campaign guys or gals that seem to have similar issues with this game….

You might be a Campaign guy, but Battlefield is not a Campaign Game. The majority of COD/BF buyers skip the single players. Which is one of the reasons why the COD campaign quality has been going down. BF campaign have usually always been short and very average.

Gone too, Hawko and Lhotse5 like this

I definitely agree with you in saying that the campaign is really bad. Some parts are kind of fun, but it's mainly just repetitive. I felt like every mission was to fight through some soldiers and blow up something huge (like the factory and the dam). I would really recommend the multiplayer though because I have had some pretty awesome moments. 

cool breeze likes this

IMO, Battlefield should not have a singleplayer campaign. It didn't begin with one. It has never needed one. It should not be judged by the cancerous trend to have one.

Gone too likes this

I personally loved the campaign, was fun for me (only played on hard) but i am entirely new to the battlefield franchise so maybe its a bit samey from similar titles or previous versions, yeah the shooting down transport helos at the end, was annoying you simply dont have time to shoot them down, even when i managed to get off 3 hits on the helos, they would deploy and then die, the boat mission where you had to get back to home-base while taking out attack boats was, just repetitive, ill grant you that, but the whole campaign was basically for me an idea of what to expect from multi-player, which is why i got the game.

Yeah some enemy AIs took far too much damage before going down, but then i just used projectile explosives on those, maybe the game trying to encourage out the box thinking for some opponents.. or bad game mechanics, i dunno.

I have so far been quite fond of the multi-player servers, took me a few explosions to get the hang of helos and fighters, the bomber cannon is op for taking out infantry, its far too accurate in my opinion especially when up close weapons have such a low chance to hit per bullet.

But nothing ive said above thats an issue has or will put me off it, despite a few issues the game is entertaining and thats all i want.

I will add, the exploits folk are using in game is slightly annoying given the vast experience of the devs of the franchise to counter them, being hit by someone in a mid air jump facing away from me, being seen by enemies around corners (the radar cheat) and lastly being shot through walls, or mountain sides.. fun. Worst of it is, i know the exact software there using and nothings being done to shut down the providers of it, bah thats another topic.

cool breeze likes this

It was just such a reversal since i did kind of enjoy the BF3 campaign...it was way more enjoyable than this...I guess i expected more for it being a flag ship next gen game...it looked great but it was like pulling teeth trying to get through the campaign....This maybe one of a few games were I don't finish the campaign

I agree with you the campaign was horrible seems like all the fighting and shooting after the second mission was higly unesscerary I only liked three characters Pach Hannah and the commander Garison Irish seemed like such a whiny little bitch saying stuff like "Guess your back in command huh?" In a whiny tone or going over board with not trusting Hannah every other word coming out of his mouth was I dont trust Hannah. It got on my nerves and I didn't like Sgt. Recker either if hes supposed to be the squad leader why is he a silent protaginist who takes orders? Also all the unessersary situations I know the Battlefield series isn't known for its campaign but have some fucking Standards EA.

cool breeze likes this

I think the real issue is you bought Battlefield with intent on only playing the single player campaign. 

Battlefield games have always been multiplayer based. 

I do however think that if your not going to give a game a quality singleplayer experience, remove it completely and discount your game. Makes more sense to me :P

cool breeze likes this

Battlefield is all about mp if you bought just for campaign you will or are going to be terribly disappointed. Online is we're bf4 stands out and what the game was made for. Campaign is just a small bonus

Battlefield is all about mp if you bought just for campaign you will or are going to be terribly disappointed. Online is we're bf4 stands out and what the game was made for. Campaign is just a small bonus

I agree with the multiplayer bit, but the campaign aint no small bonus. Its tedius, stupid and mindnumming. For a 60dollar game i expect everything to be good, functional and properly working. They could have made this 35dollars (or something like that) and focus only on multiplayer. I would have loved that, but they didnt. So im expecting more.. and there isnt anything more. Just a higher price.. :( The old BF didnt have a campain, but atleast you could play maps vs the computer. I really liked that, now you got this broken ass campain.
cool breeze likes this

I remember up until BC 2, Battlefield didn't even have a campaign. In '2142' and before that, it was just a tutorial really. The only reason there even is one now is so that it doesn't seem like you're buying 'half a game'...which you really are . lol

I think they should just bag the SP campaign altogether and focus the dev resources on polishing a better MP aspect, as being the scion of fps MP gaming is really what Battlefield is.

Since they made what a bllion dollars on sales I was hoping for a great storyline for the campaign....I get the majority of people are saying not to play the singleplayer but only MP...that seems very odd to me.

There should be a gripping storyline just like any modern military shooters...its just sad that there was no real thought to the story...why use real actors if they dont want you to enjoy the storyline??

I like to experience the total game especially if its going to cost me $60(49 for this one)...I think its an insult to the men and women who made the game possible. I like to think playing a single player is my very own blockbuster movie that I can to play with characters and gets me excited about the game and eventually to play the MP

There should be a gripping storyline just like any modern military shooters...its just sad that there was no real thought to the story...why use real actors if they dont want you to enjoy the storyline??

when was the last GOOD military Story in a game and u cant list Arma 1-3 as that is a SIM could throw in Sniper Elite too as its a Sniper Sim and since its MODERN u cant use Halo i suppose u could use any of the Tom Clancy games since all of them have a Above average Story.

Now what makes BF so Different compared to any shooter and this Means MP is the Realism behind it dirt and blood flying ground shaking, Vehicles and a massive Battle COD, Tom Clancy and Halo dont have the Size or Realism but they have Story well u could drop COD as they are being morons and trying to battle BF with a outdated Engine

@eddie...

There are plenty of games that i have actually enjoyed the storyline and was memorized by the story and game play...I dont want to make this a COD vs BF4 rant...this is strictley a crtique on the storyline of BF4...

Bbut since you asked...COD moderns and even black ops had a better story line( and i hated BO 1&2 storyline)...if you dont like that...I love "Spec Ops the line" the story was fanstasic..with twists and turns and recommend it to anyone looking for a fun game

I also actually enjoy the storylines for Medal of Honor series (from the Modern series). MOH both had a great campaign that made you care about the characters...

Does the Gears series  count towards a military shooter because again epic storyline/game play and MP....and it was a 3rd person shooter..which i think is always better...

Homefront that came out a few years ago also had a decent storyline that was playable and admit fun to play....last but I am sure there are more...the most recent Ghost Recon was a fantasic game to play...

The point all of those games cost me $60 and all of them had a playable storyline that a pleasure to play and made the game a complete whole and not just one sided...

All those games you mentioned, are single player games with multiplayer added to them. Battlefield is a franchise that started as Multiplayer and later on added Single player.

At the end of the day, its all opinions and preferences. But lets imagine that i was a guy selling games at a Gamestop and you came in asking me for a shooter with great single player Campaign, I would have not suggested any Battlefield ever. There's better titles out there that focus on single player first, Battlefield is not one of those games. 

Lhotse5 likes this

@bast and that this is why is campaign rant...they made a billion dollars and climbing and they put out a sup-par game...and their seems to be no outrage..because it has a decent MP...seems like a complete cop out...to allow a developer to release the game in its current condition...

The campaign in BF3 was light years ahead of the crap they put in BF4 and I will not excuse it...they advertised heavy hitter actors to give voice work for the campaign and release total dog S**t....its completely unacceptable.

The game with only a MP is not worth $60...or even half of that amount...hold EA and DICE accountable and don't give them a pass because they make a solid MP

when was the last GOOD military Story in a game and u cant list Arma 1-3 as that is a SIM could throw in Sniper Elite too as its a Sniper Sim and since its MODERN u cant use Halo i suppose u could use any of the Tom Clancy games since all of them have a Above average Story.

Now what makes BF so Different compared to any shooter and this Means MP is the Realism behind it dirt and blood flying ground shaking, Vehicles and a massive Battle COD, Tom Clancy and Halo dont have the Size or Realism but they have Story well u could drop COD as they are being morons and trying to battle BF with a outdated Engine

Yeah, I don't get why BF and CoD have this little fight going between them. They are different types of shooters, Halo though has one of the best storylines and plots In terms of FPS anyway esp if you've ever dived into their novels, which are some of my favorite sci fi books.

cool breeze likes this

@bast and that this is why is campaign rant...they made a billion dollars and climbing and they put out a sup-par game...and their seems to be no outrage..because it has a decent MP...seems like a complete cop out...to allow a developer to release the game in its current condition...

The campaign in BF3 was light years ahead of the crap they put in BF4 and I will not excuse it...they advertised heavy hitter actors to give voice work for the campaign and release total dog S**t....its completely unacceptable.

The game with only a MP is not worth $60...or even half of that amount...hold EA and DICE accountable and don't give them a pass because they make a solid MP

The MP is ok (when its not crashing or some shite) however I honestly cant tell the difference from Battlefield 3. It might be a little more refined but unless you look real close its almost the exact same game.

cool breeze likes this

@ ofireandstone

exactly I am not sure of the COD vs BF4 hatred that occurs it nothing but nonsense....and you're right about the halo storyline and novel...almost read them all and just loved the books and getting to know the characters even more...

I would also say I loved the storyline. I did it all on easy just to get to grips with the story at a relaxed pace and didnt have any issues with killing things. Could have been the difficulty setting I guess.

I will agree though that the boat race was a bit repetitive, and the immune drop helos sucked.

The rest of it I loved and I found the character development pretty decent. I feel like I got to know Irish pretty well.

I will say though that them saying the same lines over and over like "NICE SHOT REKER" did kinda get old.

Checking out Anrgy Joe's Top 10 gaming controversies and he starts talking about Beta's charging to play...and makes an off the cuff response that BF4 is nothing more than a pay for use Beta!!!  BF4 is a fraud and I don't know why gamers accept the crap that they presented to us and had the arrogrance to charge $60 for a broken game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voVpvKlntDM&feature=em-subs_digest

check out 17:50 and change...or better yet watch the entire video its pretty good!!

@auron...yeah I am surprise you haven't notice..since the MP is unplayable!!

I played 1 mission of the campaign but after the first mission I was just not bothered to continue so I just went straight to multiplayer. Also isn't the singleplayer the reason the game got banned in China and screwed EA out of money? 

cool breeze likes this

@fatman..I havent heard that but I would not be surprised since China heavily monitors contect coming into their country and usually banning content that shows China in a bad light....I would not be surprise one bit...