• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

Michael Schumacher in critical condition after skiing accident

33 posts in this topic

If there's already a thread about this I apologise, but I couldn't find one.

Former 7 time Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher is a critical condition after an accident whilst skiing in French Alps.

He fell and hit his head on a rock causing severe cranial trauma and coma, even though he was wearing helmet. The recently retired racing driver was rushed to hospital in Grenoble where he underwent emergency neurosurgery.

I've been an F1 fan all my life and even though I've not always been a fan of Schumacher, he is still rightly regarded of of the greatest racing drivers of all time and I've been very saddened to hear about this.

I wish him and his family my very best wishes and hope he pulls through.

UPDATE

If appears his condition is stable, but still critical. Thanks to Lhotse5 for the link.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/01/22131444-michael-schumacher-brain-injury-formula-one-icon-is-stable-but-still-critical

Same here, Hope he pulls through.

He was always my favorite F1 driver, even saw him race in 2006 on the Hockenheim track. I really hope he's gonna make it.

I can be a hypocrite sometimes and this is going to be one of those times.

I'm not really a fan of reading about "celebrity" deaths and the like mainly due to none of them giving a toss if it's one of us that ended up dead. We wouldn't get full news reports.

However.

I have been a fan of Schumacher's for a long time and it is sad when you see someone you watched for so many years suffer an accident like that.

Here's hoping he makes it through.

Berserker and ViralBunny like this

I can be a hypocrite sometimes and this is going to be one of those times.

I'm not really a fan of reading about "celebrity" deaths and the like mainly due to none of them giving a toss if it's one of us that ended up dead. We wouldn't get full news reports.

However.

I have been a fan of Schumacher's for a long time and it is sad when you see someone you watched for so many years suffer an accident like that.

Here's hoping he makes it through.

that's where i stand too, but it is what it is. hope he's alright btw not all reports said that based on other peoples comments that i've read.

Schuey has always been a class act and one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time. My thoughts are with him and his family at this time and I hope he pulls through ok.

Truly a legend of the sport. It is very sad. He is only 44. 

Skiing is freaking dangerous man.

From what i have heared, his helmet literally bursted into pieces after he hit the rock. Hope he gets well soon. After A. Senna is he my fav. F1 Driver

Lhotse5 likes this

i dont want to be a jerk, but it is partly his own fault. He went off the piste despite people always warning skiers not to do that. The dutch prince did the same and died after spending weeks in a coma.

I dont want these people to die, but i cant believe how stupid they are.

Who is Michael Schumacher?

i dont want to be a jerk, but it is partly his own fault. He went off the piste despite people always warning skiers not to do that. The dutch prince did the same and died after spending weeks in a coma.

I dont want these people to die, but i cant believe how stupid they are.

Yeah not his best decision, but come on, until he recovers I don't think those kinds comments are constructive. A lot of people are saddened by his accident, positive comments help.

Let me Google that for you, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Michael+Schumacher

And really? How is your comment contributing to this thread?

Crazycrab likes this

Well, every village has one and I guess you are ours.

Well know we know who Michael Schumacher is, BUT...... Why is the rum gone?

I so apologize for this, please do forgive me.

That is unfortunate he has my best wishes, if only on principle that this is just unfortunate.

Why the hell would you post a replay when you don't know who he is you fucking mug!?  At the very least read the OP you idiot.

Berserker and Gone like this

Why the hell would you post a replay when you don't know who he is you fucking mug!?  At the very least read the OP you idiot.

Thank you for actually saying what i was thinking. A like for you good sir.

On a more personal note I really hope he pulls through, I will admit I didn't like him much throughout most of his career but I have infinite respect for him he has lots of love for his wife and family.  I've had to much of this over the past several months, both in terms of celebrities (Paul Walker) and personally with my cousin dying of cancer and another extended relative being killed by falling off a ladder. 

i don't know what to say but im sorry and im dumb

i don't know what to say but im sorry and im dumb

OK, what you said was more than slightly stupid, and whilst I agree with the people who called you on it, I don't necessarily agree with how brazen some of them were. Just take it as a lesson and lets all move on.

Well, every village has one and I guess you are ours.

I believe in this case, if you created an entire village of the 'these', he would be the one of that village !  ;) 

The latest news is "upgraded to stable but still critical".

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/01/22131444-michael-schumacher-brain-injury-formula-one-icon-is-stable-but-still-critical

Shagger and Gone like this

I hope he gets better, not a huge fan of Formula 1, but i used to watch it when he was in Ferrari team