• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Milanous

Most Disappointing Games You've Played This Year

106 posts in this topic

You ever play something that other people liked or, was hyped up big time on Tv or the internet and they just didn't live up to your expectations?

Well then discuss it here.

The games you list don't necessarily have to be bad, they were just lackluster to your expectations either because they failed to deliver what they promised or were so hyped up they could never live up to your expectations.

Nationkid05 likes this

Arkham Origins.  I didn't think it was a bad game, but I was let down by the gameplay.  It felt buggy, although that may also be due to how polished the series felt (to me at least) when it was handled by Rocksteady.  It definately feels like a step down from the other two.

I love the game and I'll defend the problems it's had with its launch, but I think hands down the most disappointing game I've played this year was Grand Theft Auto V.

The storyline just wasn't as punchy and dramatic as Niko's story in GTA IV, and with Rockstar flaunting how heists work I was really expecting more. The game is visually stunning and the controls are great, but I feel it's just lacking character and depth. Really Trevor is the best thing about the singleplayer campaign for me. Michael is a somewhat unlikable hypocrite and Franklin is sorta bland honestly.

Really if it wasn't for the online BARELY working after its release, I would have been much more disappointed. But even though I'm satisfied with the game, I don't think it lives up to the hype at all from an objective standpoint.

Lonbrok likes this

It's been a while, but I still remember the launch of the first Assassin's Creed very well. Everyone was hyped and eager, but when I tried it, I was so disappointed. Extremely boring gameplay. The graphics weren't that bad, but the gameplay was. Haven't played a single AC-game since that one. 

You ever play something that other people liked or, was hyped up big time on Tv or the internet and they just didn't live up to your expectations?

Well then discuss it here.

The games you list don't necessarily have to be bad, they were just lackluster to your expectations either because they failed to deliver what they promised or were so hyped up they could never live up to your expectations.

Probably Rome 2, because I was so hyped for it and it turned out to be completely useless.

I have several myself

Early in the year, there was a certain game that I didn't care too much about despite seeing its trailer at the prometheus premiere. Then Joe made a video about the reasons why it was going to be awesome so i preordered Aliens Colonial Marines and.... well you can guess the rest.

A game that wasn't bad but just didn't hit me was Saints Row 4, when i heard Super hero powers I thought FLIGHT, Oh god theres no way they won't have flight. They didn't have flight.
Petty i admit, but i imagined the powers to be like Gun customisations in depth and interchangeable to whatever you want.

Rainbow Six Vegas. Its not new, and I didnt pay any money for it so I shouldnt be complaining but it was one of the Xbox gold free games back in september and everyone was talking about how good it was and how much I would enjoy it and that it was one of the best console shooters ever. At the time I didnt have any games to play on my Xbox so I got pretty excited. Downloaded it minutes after it was released and was just really dissapointed and let down. Its just a pretty a pretty generic shooter with bad AI and I never had any fun with it.

Bioshock Infinite : (No way a better experience than I had with 1)

Takedown: Red Sabre. It's a hardcore tactical shooter similiar to the early Rainbow Six and Swat games. I was so exited about it being made that I even backed the kickstarter project but alas it ended up being pretty disappointing. It's not horrible by any means but was rather unfinished and buggy at release. What really killed it was that online portion initially just didn't work at all and there's still problems with it.

Torinora likes this

Batman Arkham Origin. I didn't expect it to really add anything onto what City did but they ended up adding overpowered items, having a story that focused on the Joker and Bane (AGAIN), had tons of bugs and glitches, and they actually made the combat worse with Batman refusing to do ground hitting moves half the time.

Assassins Creed 4, enjoyable but they still haven't improved/fixed the terrible controls (at least they didn't make it worse like Batman Origin did).

Fire Emblem Awakening: New pairing system is overpowered and breaks the game. A good idea of improving support characters standing next to each other taken way to far.

Games I didn't play but was sad to hear how they turned out was Takedown Red Sabre, Aliens, and Rome 2.

its for me Alien CM do i realy need to say more-.- it flopped big time.

For me the game is Dishonored

many of my friends palyed it, loved it and said its my typie of game, but when i finally played it i found the game to very boring not bad just boring

Put another checkmark beside Rainbow SIx Vegas. Couldn't even stomach the tutorial mission it was so bad. As well, add another vote for Aliens: Colonial Marines. Although I did play it through and kinda enjoyed it to some degree, it was definitely a let-down after all the hype.

For me this years 3 big let downs were :

Diablo 3:

I don't know what it is .. i finished it once and didnt want to play it again.

The story and athmosphere didn't do it for me , and the lack of PVP.

I am happy they removed the auction house p2w-ish element.

Sim City :

We all remember the shitty launch.

But besides that , the game felt waaay to easy,small and just plain simple.

The small city area's , stupid (traffic) AI , world view didn't work , and trading recourses and services to other city's also failed to do its job.

And the pricetag was way to expensive!

Aliens : Colonial marines :

:3

hunter_5988 likes this

For me the game is Dishonored

many of my friends palyed it, loved it and said its my typie of game, but when i finally played it i found the game to very boring not bad just boring

I agree (not the biggest disappointing game of 2013 though) 

When it comes to dishonoured I was underwhelmed but i didn't think it would be that good to begin with anyway. I just thought it look like Bioshocks art director and Thiefs game designer had a love child.

Syff likes this

Now i Will admit when a sequel doesn't hold a candle to the original despite an obvious gap, thats a clear disappointment. 

So far, most of the games i've played this year were pretty awesome. I finally played through The Walking Dead season 1. So good. 

I'd have to say that GTA's online is pretty disappointing though.. I thought it would be awesome and super fun but everything about it is pretty boring and glitchy, even still. And now that Battlefield 4 and Ghosts are out, there's not really a whole lot of people to play it with.

I would have to say for me it was Fable 3. It wasn't a horrible game per se, I played it all the way through, but the entire time all I could think to myself was how much better 2 was, and how this game just pretty much wiped its arse with all the improvements 2 made.

So I would have to say that 2 was the epitome of the series and 3 was just  pale in comparison.

I'm normally get quite a bt of stick for this but The Last Of Us really disappointed me. Everyone was saying how immersive it was but the ally AI was just really bad and had some pretty idiotic moments. Clickers outside and Ellie starts whistling. Enemies all around us, I as Joel try to sneak about while allies run all over the place and the enemies just ignore them. My first major downer though was a guy getting attacked by a zombie in the prologue, getting beaten to death only to glitch stiff as a board and rotate back onto his feet where the zombie and he held hands. It seemed like a great idea of a game but gameplay was also pretty average too that the story couldn't save it for me.

Aliens: CM. I knew it was crap but I bought it when it was on sale on Steam. If I had the buggy experience with Arkham Origins I'd say that but I didn't have any bugs minus the tower (PC).

I got STORM: Frontline nation on a steamdeal at some point in the spring... uhhhh  :(

Defiance. Aside from the generally muddy and rough visuals, the game was a weird mixture between controls that were too sharp and controls that were too clumsy. It wasn't pleasant to play at all.

The fact the game is repetitive as hell and boring is another matter entirely.