• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Milanous

Most Disappointing Games You've Played This Year

106 posts in this topic

Diablo 3... at first I was excited, but then it was completely repetitive... "BORING"

Why doesn't may country's flag wave :( 

my top would have to be the fear series, rage, need for speed most wanted, call of duty black ops which was OK it just wasn't what i thought it was going to be and devil may cry 5 the game play was fine but they changed Dante and the way he acted that really ruined the game in general

DmC Devil May Cry was a pleasent suprise though I hated the new Dante

Injustice: Gods Among Us, the fact that it just ended up being another alternate universe crossover ruined it for me. 

Rome 2, "streamlined" and "improved" to the point it made me wish it never existed.

SimCity would have to be the biggest disappointment I have had this year. Just thinking about it or whenever i see it on my origins page makes me want to rage.

Aliens Colonial Marines and The Walking Dead Survival Instincts. Talk about gettin burned twice in a row. Aliens I was lookin forward to for the longest time then that happens. I needed a pallet cleanser so I check out the walking dead survival instinct. Man that was like being kicked in the shin with a lead foot

The Secret World. The trailer looks so AMAZING but its combat system is just a little clunky and the quests are way too generic. The world and monster design is amazing however. 

The Secret World. The trailer looks so AMAZING but its combat system is just a little clunky and the quests are way too generic. The world and monster design is amazing however. 

I did enjoy the Secret World (Illuminati ftw) but I have to say... so little content. The story was great, and to be fair it'll be tough to find a game with storytelling as good as that, but it felt... so.. small!

I'm going to have to say halo 4 was my biggest dissappointment of a game this year. I loved the halo series since I first played it. Back when the 360 had just released. But when halo 4 came out it changed. It seemed to feel more competitive than fun and laid back. The physics were stiff so the vehicle craziness moments went away. And the maps became small and less interesting than the older ones. On top of all of that the story just wasn't that good. Without bungie the series just wont be as good as it used to be.

Defiance had to be the most disappointing game of the year for me. I was waiting a year for it when i saw trailers for the show and game. I was so psyched for it, i showed all my friends and we agreed to form a clan. Showing them videos of trailers and gameplay,  and a borderlands type gun system just zipped the package. Then...then the game came out. Never had i played such a bland and boring game in my life. Missions were just defend this position and kill everything that comes. enemies were basically the same just with different skins pasted on them (Besides the mini-bosses). PvP was ruined by cloaked players with shotguns. The first day download that took over an hour to download with servers that couldn't sustain a decent connection. It's still on my shelf to remind me to what can happen when all you see of a game is eye-candy and it's trailers.

billybobdole likes this

Another call back to times gone by, but Dragon Age II. Damn that pissed me off. Still does, now that I think about it, as I really liked DA: Origins, and even Aweikening wasn't that bad in my opinion (Anders was funny, damnit! Sure he talked about opression of the mages, but not to the point of whining...every 2 fething seconds). And the fact that I pre-ordered it didn't exactly help. I've been a hardcore skeptic ever since (with the only exception being Mass Effect 3, though I was only truly disappointed in those infamous last 10 minutes of the game).

its for me Alien CM do i realy need to say more-.- it flopped big time.

Oh man when I saw your comment "Alien CM" I literally shuddered; apparently the game was so bad that I subconsciously blocked it from my mind and forgot about it lol.

Faceless and billybobdole like this

I hyped myself up so much for GTA online. I loved the single player, but the MP just seems to be lacking the wow factor that I thought it would have. Not saying that it's awful, but just underwhelming and disappointing in some regards.

Rome 2 easily for me, i was prepared to let it slide a little bit because i love the series; however after i really started to sink my teeth into it the AI became almost completely unbearable. Still i was willing to let it slide, then they started throwing up DLC for stuff that should unquestionably be in the game to begin with. Blood&Gore, Greek states, and a large number of barbarian tribes?! Give me a freakin' break! It is completely unreasonable to want money for those, especially considering the game (to me) is worth $20 AT MOST; and that amount would be WITH all their "DLC".

So yeah. Rome 2.

Rome 2 Total War and Company of Heroes 2. Both Sega published.

GTA V - An unpopular opinion, I can assure you. The single player was fine and all, but nothing I've not played before and the multiplayer is awful, grindy and boring.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - I mean, cmon. That was crushing, I bought the game fullprice on steam. I was as angry as Joe.

billybobdole likes this

Madden 25. They streamlined the game, taking out features in order to make it more visually appealing. I don't know why I expected a better game, given Madden 13 and EA's involvement.

Beyond: Two Souls. The whole plot doesn't interest me at all........

GTA online is the only really big one for me.

In regards to Aliens: Colonial Marines, it's horrible, yet me and some friends had so much fun playing it anyways. To me, it's almost like those terrible B movies you know are bad, but you can't help but enjoy all the time. I had a blast with all the glitches and stuff.

Assassin's Creed 3. I mean technically it is not released this year but I bought it on discount this summer after seeing the not-so-favorable reactions and they were justified. Another 'ending' issue. Not as much interesting places to run around. Only redeeming factor was having the Naval aspect which they based AC4 on right now but aside from that ,yea AC3 as a disappointment for me.

Don't know what some people are talking about when they mention Bioshock Infinite as it was pretty badass, but the most disappointing game for me this year was Crysis 3. Arghh so many failed goals, I still kinda like it, but it's the worst in the series, and it was basically a massive tech demo for all of cryengine 3's new features.

Not only is Mass Effect 3 the most disappointing game I've played this year (Far Cry 3 being the only other one that comes to mind,) it's the most disappointing experience I've had in my life. It sounds melodramatic but that game put me in a state of depression for almost half a year. I hold both Mass Effect 2 and it's characters very close to my heart and Mass Effect 3 did everything it could to take them away.

Suprhomre likes this