• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

killerfatjoe

Training Groups for games

31 posts in this topic

Okay so here is what I've drawn up for AJSA as a beginning idea. AJSA can be divided up into three different branches(or more later on) that define what you are in the training group.

Managers: These guys or gals are the ones who take care or scheduling an event for the AJSA. They would take care of the date, time, place, etc. so that everything take place without a hitch. A manager also helps teach others, if they so chose, and can also help broadcast the event. By broadcast I mean they could have a live twitch event for members who cannot attend or maybe even record the training and post it on Youtube for other members to view. Managers also can remove SIDs or Trainers who after review and proof or their transgressions can remove them from the training group.

Trainers: Kinda self explanatory but anyway, they are the the people who take time to teach the soldiers in need, SIDs for short. They help in anyway they can and after discussing with the Managers, they can establish a regular class for the SID. Trainers also reserve the right to not train the SID because of behavior or unwillingness to learn and cooperate. Trainers also have the right to promote SIDs to Trainers when they think they will help the AJSA as trainers. 

SID: The Solder in Need is basically the gamer that needs help to become a better player. Anyone is a SID once they ask but can easily become a trainer after showing their gaming prowess and by continually keeping in contact with their trainer. SIDs have the right to inform higher ups in the AJSA that they are being treated unfairly or being treated as an idiot by their trainers or managers.

Problems with anyone in Training: Anyone can report to the AJSA moderators or higher with problems regarding Managers or Trainers. A strike system can be developed close to the AJSA system that will deal with anyone who is being "difficult" in training. The strike system excludes no one and everyone in training can recevie one but only if a different SID, Trainer, and Manager agree that the person does actually deserve the strike. Or it can just stay how it is in AJSA, kinda just decided to throw this part in for anyone who thought about it. 

So that's all I could really think of at the time, and I am open to any suggestion that can help the training thread. I really hope that the Lord Commander and Angry Council will support this to get going because this can only improve AJSA further.

Ok Angry Army I posted this on the famous Club Lounge quite awhile back, but I want to see everyone's opinions on this.  A few club members think this is a really good Idea, but I think its time that the initiative needs to be taken. If you would like to go ahead and help get this thing rolling, comment!  :D Basically all this is is a kinda beginning for what will be a training gaming group for AJSA.  

ExoHelix, ViralBunny, Ysnar and 2 others like this

This is really a good idea because there are a good number of people who would love some help including me, i'm good but i could always be better, you know? 

honestly i see no flaws with this other then would this cover all our Games or just the OFFICIAL ones

Also as a side note the overall Rank system needs a Overall anyway

honestly i see no flaws with this other then would this cover all our Games or just the OFFICIAL ones

Also as a side note the overall Rank system needs a Overall anyway

I think it would be best to cover only the Official ones, otherwise it would get way to chaotic trying to cover everything with this system

Nice idea but it will never happen. Getting all the people together and getting them to adhere to your organizational plans is just asking too much. A few people might show up the first or second time, then it will die off due to lack of interest.

Some people here have high hopes for an ESO guild. Guess what ? That's gonna tank also. We couldn't even keep the Guild Wars 2 guild going for that long and Angry Joe himself was playing on a regular basis for a while.

Good luck though..  ^_^

I do like the idea (I personally really need help to work on my FPS skills) , but Isn't this topic in the wrong place? I just get the feeling it belongs in the suggestions forum.

I don't think its a bad idea but it does seem like it would take a lot of people.

Do you have an idea of what games? Consoles? Im sure there would be volunteers and such but there's a lot of games out there to chose from and while people may be happy to help, if the member participation is say for example two or three people needing help it seems like it would be a lot simpler just to ask the member who offered assistance to play with them instead of setting up this process.

Then that brings to mention what would the minimum/maximum number of participants be? I know a lot of people would either like help or wouldn't mind giving it but to set up the system wouldn't be an overly use of good time  if the participating peoples numbers where quite low. Getting the system down will take some time to decide who does what and I think it would be a shame for the effort wasted if the interest from the members wasn't as high as people would like. (I get bitter if I feel like I worked for nothing so I tend to feel bad for others if they do a kind thing and its not made use of)

Perhaps before implementing it it would be a good idea to make a poll or something to see how many are exactly in need of help prior to it taking place for whatever game on whatever system. In all fairness I do believe whatever game its for shouldn't just be restricted to PC gaming either, while they may be the bulk of gamers here they aren't the only ones so perhaps as an idea it would be a good to have maybe a forum dedicated to people offering game assistance to members in lieu of this system for the "major" games?

Nice idea but it will never happen. Getting all the people together and getting them to adhere to your organizational plans is just asking too much. A few people might show up the first or second time, then it will die off due to lack of interest.

Some people here have high hopes for an ESO guild. Guess what ? That's gonna tank also. We couldn't even keep the Guild Wars 2 guild going for that long and Angry Joe himself was playing on a regular basis for a while.

Good luck though..  ^_^

I will be willing to help train players, Heck I can even do it through steam chat or in the guilds forum. The only thing we need are enough dedicated people that are willing to do this as a part time, with no pay, job. And since I already spend most of my time helping out other players in video game forums and such, this is pretty much perfect for users like me

I don't think its a bad idea but it does seem like it would take a lot of people.

Do you have an idea of what games? Consoles? Im sure there would be volunteers and such but there's a lot of games out there to chose from and while people may be happy to help, if the member participation is say for example two or three people needing help it seems like it would be a lot simpler just to ask the member who offered assistance to play with them instead of setting up this process.

Then that brings to mention what would the minimum/maximum number of participants be? I know a lot of people would either like help or wouldn't mind giving it but to set up the system wouldn't be an overly use of good time  if the participating peoples numbers where quite low. Getting the system down will take some time to decide who does what and I think it would be a shame for the effort wasted if the interest from the members wasn't as high as people would like. (I get bitter if I feel like I worked for nothing so I tend to feel bad for others if they do a kind thing and its not made use of)

Perhaps before implementing it it would be a good idea to make a poll or something to see how many are exactly in need of help prior to it taking place for whatever game on whatever system. In all fairness I do believe whatever game its for shouldn't just be restricted to PC gaming either, while they may be the bulk of gamers here they aren't the only ones so perhaps as an idea it would be a good to have maybe a forum dedicated to people offering game assistance to members in lieu of this system for the "major" games?

Ok lets see if i can answers these questions lol they are some I really never thought about.

As to what consoles the training groups will be stuck to, there will not be any limitations on any console. However this is would be a complete community driven project. But there might be problems with the dedication thing as well and completely expect there will be. I dont wont to burden any gamer with constant training. The sessions will be about 1 a week and what I would like to do is set up a video blog for members who couldnt make it or who had to work. Members can ask for help and if the trainer wants to, then the trainer can hold a private session with that member. What I am suggesting is that a group of gamers get together to learn.

I do see where you are coming from when people will quit even after people help them learn how to play better. I fully expect someone to just up and quit but I truly hope that the trainer can set aside the person who quits and continue to help the bigger group. Lets say I trained this kid who was really into WoW but then just up and quit, there would still be that group that trained with the kid who would still be in there still training. So as I see it I think the trainer would have more people who stayed then quit.

I really have no idea the min or max per trainer. For major games like COD on PS and Xbox I would have more than one trainer working on a ridiculous amount of members who needed help. However the trainer would have to be able to at least train 5 people per gaming session otherwise it would be like you said a complex process when the member could just ask for help instead of going through it all. But like I said this would be a major op and I really hope to see more than just 1 or 2 people in a group.

I really hope to see this take off and think it would be a good idea for gamers in need of help. But this is just an idea I need to find people who would be willing to be a trainer or manager :P   

And to add to this, there would have to be enough members, a trainer, and a manger in order to make the game the members want into the offical training game group. That was hard to say lol, what I meant was there has to be enough people in the training group for the game to really kick off. The "major games" will have it easier but games like idk Divinity Dragon Commander will be harder for a game group to get started. 

Do you mean trainers for specific games or applications?

I highly approve of this idea... I found that I had a niche for being a trainer and helping newer players level up faster.  I would love to provide UI and weapons orientation in Planetside 2 and form a leveling-up mob in GW2.  I'm also giving LOTRO a shot to see if its worth it.

I see no analist in your line-up. There aint many people that vallue a good analist in a team setup. 

I think this a good idea to teach people the basics on some of the more popular games but wouldn't it make it a bit harder to stand out if we all know and can do all the same things? Now if we make teams for games based on this so it's basically us VS te world then yeah this would be great hell it would help us create new ways to play probably

Ok so what is a game everyone would like to see get a training group? For this to get started we need at least 5 willing members who want to learn, a dedicated trainer or trainers and a member. And we can throw in an Analyst for Arc lol :D

If anyone has suggestions as to any new positions please give them and how they could be beneficial! Hope to see this start up!!! 

Ok so what is a game everyone would like to see get a training group? For this to get started we need at least 5 willing members who want to learn, a dedicated trainer or trainers and a member. And we can throw in an Analyst for Arc lol :D

If anyone has suggestions as to any new positions please give them and how they could be beneficial! Hope to see this start up!!! 

As of are current official games, I can re-download GW2 and help train fellow guild members in tarnished coast. 

I can also help train members with eso but that isn't out....

I can also help train members with Dark Souls...but we are not officially supporting that...

I can also help train members with dayz....but that's in alpha and we are not supporting that.

So, yeah. 

Ysnar and killerfatjoe like this

GW2 sounds like a good idea, doesnt matter if we are not supporting like I said this is community driven. Cant see Dark Souls though lol but Im sure DayZ is a good choice for training group. :D

Ok lets see if i can answers these questions lol they are some I really never thought about.

As to what consoles the training groups will be stuck to, there will not be any limitations on any console. However this is would be a complete community driven project. But there might be problems with the dedication thing as well and completely expect there will be. I dont wont to burden any gamer with constant training. The sessions will be about 1 a week and what I would like to do is set up a video blog for members who couldnt make it or who had to work. Members can ask for help and if the trainer wants to, then the trainer can hold a private session with that member. What I am suggesting is that a group of gamers get together to learn.

I do see where you are coming from when people will quit even after people help them learn how to play better. I fully expect someone to just up and quit but I truly hope that the trainer can set aside the person who quits and continue to help the bigger group. Lets say I trained this kid who was really into WoW but then just up and quit, there would still be that group that trained with the kid who would still be in there still training. So as I see it I think the trainer would have more people who stayed then quit.

I really have no idea the min or max per trainer. For major games like COD on PS and Xbox I would have more than one trainer working on a ridiculous amount of members who needed help. However the trainer would have to be able to at least train 5 people per gaming session otherwise it would be like you said a complex process when the member could just ask for help instead of going through it all. But like I said this would be a major op and I really hope to see more than just 1 or 2 people in a group.

I really hope to see this take off and think it would be a good idea for gamers in need of help. But this is just an idea I need to find people who would be willing to be a trainer or manager :P   

And to add to this, there would have to be enough members, a trainer, and a manger in order to make the game the members want into the offical training game group. That was hard to say lol, what I meant was there has to be enough people in the training group for the game to really kick off. The "major games" will have it easier but games like idk Divinity Dragon Commander will be harder for a game group to get started. 

I didn't necessarily want the answers to the questions but they where kind of the things that popped in to mind when thinking about this that I thought should probably be thought about. I do like the idea of this but I think it would be kind of complicated to implement the process for "all" games people may want it for and a minimum number of participants would be good because if there's not enough then there could be alternate ways to help said members with the games other than using this.

Finding reliable "mods" and trainers and such will probably take time and if there's only so few  who are interested in help for whatever game I think it would kind of just be easier to ask for a volunteer to help that person rather than implementing this scenario.

I think this is a great idea still. I know im fairly shit online wise for lets say fighting games because input timing is ALWAYS crappy online, I don't care what anyone says, and it would be cool for a person to help another figure this type of stuff out but with so many games and console types I think the use of this entire process would be a little hard as more requests come in. I think I may be overthinking this.......Would the "managers" kind of like be all overall managers for every game or would there be separate ones for separate games? It might be good just to kind of have "overall" managers so as not to have to really  worry about getting each game their own "manager" since ones that have a "low" amount of participants wouldn't have to go to the effort of hunting individuals down for the tittle. Granted it would be good for the managers to know and enjoy the games they are promoting and such but really they are there to make sure problems to drag out.

Granted it would be good for the managers to know and enjoy the games they are promoting and such but really they are there to make sure problems to drag out.

I dont follow when you say they are there to make sure problems drag out, a manager is in charge of setting up and fixing the problems. I would see a lack of fixing a contious problem a lazy manager and not fit to be in the position.

I think this a good idea to teach people the basics on some of the more popular games but wouldn't it make it a bit harder to stand out if we all know and can do all the same things? Now if we make teams for games based on this so it's basically us VS te world then yeah this would be great hell it would help us create new ways to play probably

I agree I see this as making AJSA better and putting us higher as an elite unit not just a gaming community with only a few people in one elite squad. The people who do train could get better and then go to make another elite squad and so on and so forth. Really its just improving on something that is already good  :D

Ysnar likes this

I dont follow when you say they are there to make sure problems drag out, a manager is in charge of setting up and fixing the problems. I would see a lack of fixing a contious problem a lazy manager and not fit to be in the position.

I meant "don't drag out" Its a Type o

Though it reads out much more funny than I had planned for it to. I wont edit it because my own mistake makes me smile.