• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

onga999

Alien: Isolation

44 posts in this topic

According to a article on Kotaku, a new aliens game is being made and being published by Sega called Alien: Isolation. The game will star Amanda Ripley, the daughter of Ellen Ripley, and has a large focus on melee combat and survival horror aspects. It is also meant to feel more like the original Alien film. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

Fuck! likes this

Dear god, here we go again. I'll hope it's good.  Haven't play Colonial Marines, but I really liked the more recent AVP game that everyone says is garbage.

Edit: So wait, you play as the Hybrid Ripley's daughter? Like Ripley from Ressurection? If so I'm guessing you'll have special abilities.

If not then I guess they're just gonn amake some shit up to cover the backstory

Edit esit nvm, noe I remember them mentioning she had  adaughter in Aliens

Im feeling optimistic about the game. While Colonial Marines was obviously a complete can of crap, the recent AVP game was really good. I loved it. I hope they can just make the aliens game that I've always wanted with this one, and it looks like that might be the case.

I'm optimistic about what the game could be, but hesitant at the implications caused by the story. If It's going to concern Ripleys daughter, who as i recall was either very old, or dead by Aliens, I fear that the story might risk getting some plot holes.

I'm optimistic about what the game could be, but hesitant at the implications caused by the story. If It's going to concern Ripleys daughter, who as i recall was either very old, or dead by Aliens, I fear that the story might risk getting some plot holes.

But remember that Ripley was in Stasis for several hundred years between the first two films, so her daughter would be dead by then.

I guess there will be a few holes though, because the second film makes no reference to Ripley's daughter joining the corps (or whatever) and in the picture Ripley receives, she just looks... old.

But remember that Ripley was in Stasis for several hundred years between the first two films, so her daughter would be dead by then.

I guess there will be a few holes though, because the second film makes no reference to Ripley's daughter joining the corps (or whatever) and in the picture Ripley receives, she just looks... old.

That was, exactly what i meant.

That was, exactly what i meant.

I just realised I forgot to add:

I'm guessing it would take place during the time Ripley's daughter was alive. Anything they do concerning her, especially if she gets splashed on the face with acid blood or something. That would fuck everything up because she is obviously 80+ in the picture so really, she can't die or anything.

Continuity and all that good shit, I guess.

Huh. It also seems this message is just a long way of saying... I agree with you.

Here is what will happen.

"The new Alien game looks like it might be great".

Alien game is released.

"The new Alien game is shit .... SHIT I TELL YOU".

How do I know this?

Because it's what happens with every single Alien game.

Ozzyman314 likes this

Just hoping that Sega doesnt fucked it up, and in fact hoping that they managed to pull it of, maybe dont making the game of the year type, but if they can make it as good as the last AVP (I thought it was awesome in general) it may be woth it

onga999 likes this

I hope they don't make it! All these crap games are almost ruining the films for me! The first film was amazing because it was just one alien that you barley saw! I mean right up to the last 20 minutes it probably had 5 minutes screen time. No idea how they're going to make a game like that. 

The same I suppose happened to resident evil in a way, it was a nice slow paced game, slow zombies with the occasion licker things, the creepy door loading screens all added suspense and that's what made it great. They have now milked the life out of past successes.  I mean aliens was also amazing, aliens 3 I liked as well because it went back to the one dog alien thing 

I don't see how they can make a good aliens game, they had a good chance with colonial marines, which I haven't played by the way so I can't personally say what it's like. All the reviews are bad though....

im fairly sure its going to be bad cause most alien games are bad like Aliens CM AVP 2010 the only good one i can think of is AVP 2 and plus SEGA they love releaseing games unfinished like Rome 2 Aliens CM and total war empire

I just found out some information that makes me a little more worried about this game. Apparently The Creative Assembly is developing this game. These are the guys who made Total War: Rome 2. Now they have made other good Total War games but I don't know how this team will do based on the fact that they have really only developed strategy games and their most recent game was.... not that good.

On the bright side, if it blows then we've got another golden Angry Review coming.

On the bright side, if it blows then we've got another golden Angry Review coming.

I doubt it. After CM, I think all of the anticipation has gone from the community.

Oh, to be honest I'm pretty optimistic about this ga -- wait. SEGA's charge? Well, prepare for a shitty game.

Urgh. I'm sorry, that's rude, but I'm very skeptical about this. With Rome II's release and pretty much the majority of the games SEGA's relased over the last few years - if not ALL of them -, it seems to me that the game'll be without a doubt an humongous pile of shit. I may end up wrong in the end, but so far, I see nothing to convinces me otherwise.

I will not be pre ordering this and because I've been stung twice last year very badly!! Rome 2 and Company of hero's 2 (COH2, it just didn't do anything for me like the original, maybe because I played the excellent Men of war series)

Probably won't pre order any games this year I wait for the reviews. 

first trailer and dev diary is out

Dear god, here we go again. I'll hope it's good.  Haven't play Colonial Marines, but I really liked the more recent AVP game that everyone says is garbage.

Edit: So wait, you play as the Hybrid Ripley's daughter? Like Ripley from Ressurection? If so I'm guessing you'll have special abilities.

If not then I guess they're just gonn amake some shit up to cover the backstory

Edit esit nvm, noe I remember them mentioning she had  adaughter in Aliens

Great, I'm not the only one who loved the more recent AVP.

@Topic I have high hopes for this being good, I love the franchise, even with some of the crappier games

the game can be a good game, i think creative assembly is bieng very smart by having just one alien and the main thing is survival with no weapons cuz after the the colonial marines shit, another alien shooter even if it was good would not work that well.

i like thier take on this game and for the gameplay available looks pretty good, of course they need to show more and all that stuff, but the felling looks in the right place lol, its good to see something close to the first movie with the music and all.

the thing is, they say late 2014 so the release of the game, i think that's a very bad ideia, the alien franchise reputation is in the shit especially after colonial marines, and in that time there are always to many big games coming out, even if alien isolation turns out to be an awesome game it will not be able to compete with other big AAA games so they will lose a lot of sales. the right time for me would be somewhere around march or april 2015.

so overall, looking at the time frame of the game, and the little information that we have the game seems solid and in a good way, hope they dont screw this up, for now i'm in a state of a "careful hype" lol

It's gonna give me what I always wanted in an Alien game, Survival Horror!

I wonder what do joe think about alien: Isolation

I have to admit the trailer looked good, but be warned!!! remember the trailers and dev diarys for Rome 2? Because they looked great but I have no idea what game they released because it was completely different from what they previewed

onga999 likes this

AVP and Aliens CM both had great Multiplayers but the story was shit. Maybe this will be different, maybe it won't, but it can't be any worst than a CM.