• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

C.A.M. inc.

Do you like 90s cartoon and anime?

20 posts in this topic

If you like 90s cartoons and anime, check out the website, http://www.toonamiaftermath.com. 

Clicking that link redirects me to this thread.

This sure is a vicious cycle.

edit: Now that I've found myself on that site, I just nostalgia'd all over myself.

I refuse to clean it up.

Platina32 likes this

Ah, the link doesn't work but it did remind me of when Toonami was actually good.

Now a days I cant stand it but I can remember when it first aired and the shows where great.

The 90's had the best cartoons, I wont throw in anime since I think most I have watched has been consistently good throughout the years, but years ago I attempted to watch some cartoons and I was more than a little disgusted with the waste of my time.

Ahhh those were the days, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon (Seasons 1 and 2) Pokemon (Seasons 1 2 and 3) and many others.  Good times good times.

Ah the memories of being beaten up by the other kids because i hate Dragon Ball :D .

My favourites were the animated series of Batman and Spiderman, and i watched the Pokemon cartoon until i started to look at it as a 20 minutes commercial.

Ah the memories of being beaten up by the other kids because i hate Dragon Ball :D .

My favourites were the animated series of Batman and Spiderman, and i watched the Pokemon cartoon until i started to look at it as a 20 minutes commercial.

Ah Batman miss that series, you ever watch Gargoyles? that was a good one.

Ah Batman miss that series, you ever watch Gargoyles? that was a good one.

Hell yes, loved that show too, i still have the tapes. Too bad i wasn't able to whatch those shows in english, some great episodes were ruined by poor voice acting.

I love 90s anime, but what is toonami?

It was an American program on Cartoon Network that showed cartoons like Dragon Ball, Gundam Wing, YuYu Hakusho and many others. I pretty much grew up watching it, it was pretty awesome.

Jinzuro likes this

I love 90s anime, but what is toonami?

You.... you.. don't know? Just kidding. It was a show on cartoon network hosted by a robot that showed off other cartoons and anime. I believe along the time of 6pm but its been to long I can't recall when it ended, perhaps 8pm or 10pm; but man I watched it religiously. Batman, thundercatssailormoondbzvoltronetc, etc. He was rolling out with them. Ah... the memories.

Toonami introduced me to the world of anime, haven't looked back since

Before that though, Gargoyles, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Swat Cats, Pinky and the Brain, Dexters Lab, Freakazoid, Batman, Re-boot

Hmmmm just got an idea

You can still watch some of the old shows on a channel called boomerang and I still love toonami for the first part they show some cool anime every once in a while

I liked DB and DBZ. I remember watching the yugiohs and pokemons (only up to 100 pokemons) other cartoons but, didnt really liked anything other than Dragon Ball. Today, I still like and could discuss stuff within the Dragon Ball universe like, who was the strongest by this point and such but, I could barely remember the plots of other cartoons. Or even their names! There was this cartoon about kids who had robots and made them fight and this one kid had this yellow robot that shot rockets out of its head, what was that called? Was it even in the 90's?

Ah, the link doesn't work but it did remind me of when Toonami was actually good.

Now a days I cant stand it but I can remember when it first aired and the shows where great.

The 90's had the best cartoons, I wont throw in anime since I think most I have watched has been consistently good throughout the years, but years ago I attempted to watch some cartoons and I was more than a little disgusted with the waste of my time.

This.

But I'd rather have a toonami than no toonami.

I really loved Trigun. And cowboy bebop.

And G1 Transformers (even though it's 80's).

I don't like 90's cartoons, or 80's cartoons or anything because it has a date attached to it if I like something its because its it.

I liked DB and DBZ. I remember watching the yugiohs and pokemons (only up to 100 pokemons) other cartoons but, didnt really liked anything other than Dragon Ball. Today, I still like and could discuss stuff within the Dragon Ball universe like, who was the strongest by this point and such but, I could barely remember the plots of other cartoons. Or even their names! There was this cartoon about kids who had robots and made them fight and this one kid had this yellow robot that shot rockets out of its head, what was that called? Was it even in the 90's?

The name of that show was metabots they made a few handheld games for it but it never really took off but I did like the idea of it and in dragon ball I hate that they setup Gohan to take over for Goku during the cell saga but then he goes to school and becomes a weakling but my favorite character is Goku ( or course ) and broly

The name of that show was metabots they made a few handheld games for it but it never really took off but I did like the idea of it and in dragon ball I hate that they setup Gohan to take over for Goku during the cell saga but then he goes to school and becomes a weakling but my favorite character is Goku ( or course ) and broly

lol, youre right. It is Metabots, I just looked at pictures and the intro. Im sure back then I mightve thought it was cool but, seems pretty lame now.

Anyways, I know what you mean. I dont believe he was being set up to take over but, I didnt like how he became weak after Cell. He had trouble against Dabura for fucks sake! And as if that wasnt bad, after becoming Mystic Gohan, he is arguably the most powerful non fusion character by the end of DBZ and what happens in DBGT? A repeat thats what happens, he sucks again. Favorite character is Vegeta, now theres a character that was screwed at every turn.

lol, youre right. It is Metabots, I just looked at pictures and the intro. Im sure back then I mightve thought it was cool but, seems pretty lame now.

Anyways, I know what you mean. I dont believe he was being set up to take over but, I didnt like how he became weak after Cell. He had trouble against Dabura for fucks sake! And as if that wasnt bad, after becoming Mystic Gohan, he is arguably the most powerful non fusion character by the end of DBZ and what happens in DBGT? A repeat thats what happens, he sucks again. Favorite character is Vegeta, now theres a character that was screwed at every turn.

He was set up to be Goku's replacement, that was the point for Goku helping him to become super saiyan and eventually super saiyan 2. Also why Goku ended up dying by teleporting Cell to Kaio's planet, leaving Gohan with a fairwell, and "I believe in you" message. Why else did they show that part with Gohan defeating Cell with his father next to him, it was meant to signify the passing of the torch from father to son, and Gohan finally believing in himself, not fearing the power inside him. Of course there was some fan backlash, and he changed it to bring Goku back to life at the end. Im sure the same thing with Tite Kubo, him getting pressure from fans (and the publishers) to continue with Bleach as long as he did. Both series' ran well past the authors intended length.

Also GT was nothing more than a cash in with very minor involvement with Toriyama. He was there in only a slight supervisory role and minor character design. They tried to rehash DB and DBZ and it failed miserably because it was clear it was nothing new and it was TOEI just trying to wring as much money from fans as they could.

Sweet page! Will be added to my favs. I'm born in the early 80s and the 80s and 90s cartoons are what I still watch to this day.