• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

New Paranormal Activity movie Marked Ones (not 5) sucks complete balls. Or not?

29 posts in this topic

Now for those of you that wanted to watch the movie, just watch this review.

And know that Paranormal Activity just need to stop because it's not fresh anymore.

But according to the wiki reviews, there are people that like this movie. IGN too that gives it 7 out of 10.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/03/paranormal-activity-the-marked-ones-review

I'm guessing this is one of those split decision movie where some will hate and some will like.

I'm surprised people are actually still paying to see it. Most people must enjoy shit.

It didn't look interesting when I first saw it, doesn't sound interesting now.

i like that it's a new storyline with references to the other movies, thats about it though. i haven't seen it, i just read about it and saw the previews.

But funny thing is based on wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity:_The_Marked_Ones

Based on the reception section:

Early response to The Marked Ones has been positive, with Bloody Disgusting reporting that early screenings of the film were met with extremely positive reactions from viewers and expressed optimism that it might "reinvigorate the franchise".

Evan Dickson of Bloody Disgusting was also the first to give their impressions on the film, giving it a positive review of 4/5. Stating, "Fun, scary and remarkably cinematic within the found footage conceit, The Marked Ones might be the first Paranormal Activity movie that feels like an event film while you’re watching it". Dickson also stated that it was "neck and neck with PA3".

This could mean it's one of those mixed reaction kind of movie where you can love it or hate it, or this is just 1 out of 10 reviews that's positive and the other 9 is intentionally left out.

Uhm.... I find it hard to believe anyone thought this movie would be great or anything.

I mean the other movies really kind of sucked and weren't really that scary at all.

I paid to see the first one, realized my mistake and then just waited for the others to air on TV and was quite happy I did so since, to me, they aren't that great of movies

The 1st one wasn't even remotely scary. Let alone all the other shitty sequels.

Uhm.... I find it hard to believe anyone thought this movie would be great or anything.

I mean the other movies really kind of sucked and weren't really that scary at all.

I paid to see the first one, realized my mistake and then just waited for the others to air on TV and was quite happy I did so since, to me, they aren't that great of movies

I knew it. You look like the type who will hate this series. It's all so obvious ms Gabbo. Why pay to see the first movie if you know you're not going to like it or get scared by it? Or why watch them all anyway if you don't like it? That's like not liking video games but play them anyway. Or for a more movie-related stuff, that's like keep going to watch the entire Twilight series even though you hate it. It's pointless! I mean I have never watched the Twilight series till this day because I know it's just teen romance bullshit. One look at a youtube video showing the vampire sparkles makes me go "oh fuck me, this movie is going to stain my idea of the usually awesome vampire race. I shall ignore this series to spare me the horror".

This doesn't surprise me at all. I haven't had any hope for the series since the 2nd.

I thought the first was fairly entertaining, but it seems like they really weren't planning on a sequel as they pretty much used all the good tricks in the first.

That became massively successful and now it seems they're just cranking out mediocre sequels.  

I find it rather annoying how any decently successful horror movie seems to spawn an unnecessary amount of sequels. 

I knew it. You look like the type who will hate this series. It's all so obvious ms Gabbo. Why pay to see the first movie if you know you're not going to like it or get scared by it? Or why watch them all anyway if you don't like it? That's like not liking video games but play them anyway. Or for a more movie-related stuff, that's like keep going to watch the entire Twilight series even though you hate it. It's pointless! I mean I have never watched the Twilight series till this day because I know it's just teen romance bullshit. One look at a youtube video showing the vampire sparkles makes me go "oh fuck me, this movie is going to stain my idea of the usually awesome vampire race. I shall ignore this series to spare me the horror".

I mentioned paying to see it because the day it was out I went with friends to go see it and feel ripped off because the movie wasn't worth the money spent to see it.

I only ended up watching the others because nothing else of interest was on TV that late at night and I typically watch a channel dedicated to horror shows so that's  pretty much the only reason I saw the rest of them.

I grew up watching everything from Phantasm, Hell Raiser, Poltergeist, Alfred Hitchcock, The Twilight Zone, Creep Show, The Exorcist, Night of the Living Dead, Pet Cemetery to Vincent Price horror movies and everything in between. I know a shitty horror film when I see one.

Im not sure what your sarcastic little post here was suppose to do but I assure you all it accomplished was nothing.

And I didn't say I hated the movies I said they weren't good. The ones I have seen aren't worth the money it would take to go and see them at a theater but not so bad I wouldn't watch it if nothing else was on TV but I wouldn't actively look for it or watch it if something better was on. 

I mentioned paying to see it because the day it was out I went with friends to go see it and feel ripped off because the movie wasn't worth the money spent to see it.

I only ended up watching the others because nothing else of interest was on TV that late at night and I typically watch a channel dedicated to horror shows so that's  pretty much the only reason I saw the rest of them.

I grew up watching everything from Phantasm, Hell Raiser, Poltergeist, Alfred Hitchcock, The Twilight Zone, Creep Show, The Exorcist, Night of the Living Dead, Pet Cemetery to Vincent Price horror movies and everything in between. I know a shitty horror film when I see one.

Im not sure what your sarcastic little post here was suppose to do but I assure you all it accomplished was nothing.

And I didn't say I hated the movies I said they weren't good. The ones I have seen aren't worth the money it would take to go and see them at a theater but not so bad I wouldn't watch it if nothing else was on TV but I wouldn't actively look for it or watch it if something better was on. 

Ohoho, it accomplished something. Now I know what horror movies you like, and I understand more on why you're so very specific.

So ms Gabbo, should I call you ms Szabo or Div from now on? Cause I'm still not clear on what I should call you since the last time you derail my thread.

At least it's a new storyline.

So I guess I can watch it once ^^

Am i the only one who think that Paranormal Activity series is pretty much a bunch of jumpscares?

Ohoho, it accomplished something. Now I know what horror movies you like, and I understand more on why you're so very specific.

So ms Gabbo, should I call you ms Szabo or Div from now on? Cause I'm still not clear on what I should call you since the last time you derail my thread.

Actually I read through your posts, and you're the one who derailed this thread. And continuing to do so.

I shouldn't have to tell you to stop in your own thread.

Divergence likes this

Paranormal Activity, as a series, is only good for a couple of jump scares, but i find the overall story and concpet hilariously flawed. It's basically the same in every movie,

Moron One: "Hey man there's some sinister shit happening in the house".

Moron Two: "Lets film everything regardless of what happens until It's way to late to get the fuck out of dodge".

4 movies of watching people stay in the same goddamn house, half of them not believe in demons until the demon actually starts to hurt people, is just too painful.

Eddie Murphy explains this quite well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96s1M8IyrUQ

Bimpy782 likes this

And the first four movies were good? Seriously this entire series is awful, I don't understand how anyone could find them scary and the camera movement is utter crap at times. Yes I enjoy having someone carrying around a camera and making me sick. -_-

Or the terrible acting, got to love the awful acting.

Seriously these movies are laughable and a joke, not even good for a jump scare in my opinion, it's much more entertaining to pick the movie apart and find everything that is dumb in them.

Sorry I just really hate Paranormal Activity.

Bimpy782 likes this

cant believe people went to go see it i mean the 3rd and 4th movies sucked i like the first 2 cause they were fun for a few jump scares with friends but i never got why people were screaming their heads off when they saw any of the movies well cant wait for paranormal activity 6 7 and 8 or whatever the hell they will call those movies

Paranormal Activity, as a series, is only good for a couple of jump scares, but i find the overall story and concpet hilariously flawed. It's basically the same in every movie,

Moron One: "Hey man there's some sinister shit happening in the house".

Moron Two: "Lets film everything regardless of what happens until It's way to late to get the fuck out of dodge".

4 movies of watching people stay in the same goddamn house, half of them not believe in demons until the demon actually starts to hurt people, is just too painful.

Eddie Murphy explains this quite well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96s1M8IyrUQ

lol Eddie Murphy summed it up quite well on why these movies make no sense

I mean I have never watched the Twilight series till this day because I know it's just teen romance bullshit. One look at a youtube video showing the vampire sparkles makes me go "oh fuck me, this movie is going to stain my idea of the usually awesome vampire race. I shall ignore this series to spare me the horror".

I was writing a book with vampires in it once (a mix between traditional vamps and Blade vamps), but then the first book/movie came out of the series. I stopped writing this book because at that second I could feel a stain being splashed across vampires in media forever.

Now, vampires are a fucking joke. This annoys me to no end.

Actually I read through your posts, and you're the one who derailed this thread. And continuing to do so.

I shouldn't have to tell you to stop in your own thread.

Sorry. She's a pretty interesting person that I can't resist asking questions. I still don't know if she prefers Gabbo or Szabo, meh I'll call her ms Szabo. Alright! I'll try to ignore her more often from now on.

So what do you think? Did you plan to watch Paranormal Activity the Marked Ones before knowing about this? Do you think this series should just end?

I havent seen this movie and probably wont but, im sure it sucks massive balls. I saw two of the other ones and I literally slept not even half way through one of them. It was at night sure but, I mostly slept through it out of boredom. 

I'm not even remotely surprised, and that's coming from someone who at least sort of liked the first two films (3 & 4... well, let's not mention them). Not even the commercials for this one made it look even remotely entertaining, and even less so scary.

I was writing a book with vampires in it once (a mix between traditional vamps and Blade vamps), but then the first book/movie came out of the series. I stopped writing this book because at that second I could feel a stain being splashed across vampires in media forever.

Now, vampires are a fucking joke. This annoys me to no end.

Don't give up because one awful series became popular. We need more writers who write good vampire stories if we want to have any hope of getting the genre's dignity back. It will not be easy, and it may take a while, but if we fight fang and nail we can ensure that the word "vampire" return to striking fear into the hearts of mortal men, and not laughter into the minds of Youtube commenters. 

If you need some encouragement to get back at it, I'd recommend you read the Dresden files. It's got vampires, and they do not suck- they rip and tear into their prey, just like true predators should.