• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Svyaga

Coach proposition (Top 10 team of Pro ladder of Starladder player)

14 posts in this topic

Greetings, AJSA!

You could have noticed, that Joe is not very good at the game now and coaching could help him to be more efficient much faster!

I understand that he can find some more popular DotA streamer or something like that to get even more popular himself, and that's good, but until then, I could be of help.

+ I think he could use help of some skilled player, not just streamer (many of them dont understand much in DotA themselves  :D ).

I'm a pretty good DotA 2 player with 3400+ hours in it, 1800+ pub games and about 260+ screams and tournament games (Top 10 Pro ladder of StarLadder for quite a long time, team GpE - Growing Pique).

My overall DotA experience (DotA Allstars + DotA 2) is about 9000 or even more, was playing DotA much more often before.

I will be glad to share my DotA 2 experience and knowledge!

I'll be very grateful if someone could give Joe this information ^_^

KanKraken and Ender like this

I think you are what Joe needs in order to like DOTA 2. I'v played this game when it was a mod at WC3 and seeing it turn into what it is now it amazing. 

Defense Of The Ancients is the best MOBA out there and i think that all others are far behind it, Joe I don't know why but i just want you to like the game. 

And if joe dont pan out you can just help Del teach

Svyaga likes this

Thanks man for the response.

I completely agree with you, DotA have been my favourite game for about 8-9 years now, and none of other games (even which I really love) doesn't stand anywhere near it for me.

And I was quite excited seeing Joe trying DotA 2 and the fact that he liked it and agrees that it's quite hard and etc. made me kinda happy  :) .

Ender likes this

The only thing is that the AJSA DOTA community is vary unresponsive to anything not even events go well, so i don't even know if we can make this grow into a true DOTA community much less have Joe even look at it lol.

Svyaga likes this

tbh I do regularly get to play with the dota 2 guild peoplez that are usually on the Teamspeak servers(Wei, Mantarias, Globalnet, Shnook, Portal, Tabosa, Rubi, Ziggy, etc etc). Being usually on around the night time of US for dotaz does mean ive only really played in a couple events or a couple events that other guild members have decided to keep going :).  From the events that ive attended ive had some really good events where i knew atleast two rooms were bumping heads in a Same Hero only Mid catastrophe of same morphlings and such. Ive also had some really good inhouses such as where i realized wei could play wisp and that i didnt have a strat or the experience to counter a proper wisp play. 

Im not saying that there might have not been botched events or events where people werent informed well in advance or anything but here are some of the problems i see with the guild is:

dont really see chat being too much of a discussion or party invite front(neither is it a spam trade front which is good :P) i occasionally see people talking on chat but for the most part it feels empty to me. Though i usually do play around US night times and later usually so i know some of the guild will be asleep. I do know that most people can be ingame and thus not repond till they are finished with their game but even then the few times i did type in there(unless joe was streaming dota 2,) it was mostly occasional responses here and there.

since the current officers are both EU based(Derwisj and Mr Fool are both EU based)(as the original Guild started of EU centric) its kind of hard for them to set up events for those of us in US timezones. I did chat with Fool sometimeback and he has stated that he wants to atleast have a officer on hand during events but for the moment hasnt found a suitable US officer at the time when i asked him. So hopefully they get a respectable officer for US so the people on US timezones can have more facilitated events in the future.

Also I believe sometime back(maybe around a month back) I remember Mr. Fool posting on the guild steam group page that the group had hit 400 peoplez and atm we still have only 3 officers(1 guild leader + 2 officers). And as much as good as I see that Derwisj and Mr Fool and Craigr do with the Guild, im definitely hoping they do eventually expand the roster to have more around the clock officers :)

As For Events I usually dont check the steam guild group page regularly and steam tbh only gives a pop up when the event is about to happen which makes prior planning to attend certain events really hard without checking the guild group page often. And since Events atleast havent been really regular i doubt most people check the guild calender too often in a week. So I think it would be nice if we can have a Forum thread that can be updated whenever a new event is planned thus letting more people know about the event as well as if they might attend or not. a Eventual feedback thread might be also useful in seeing if the community wants more inhouses or Wraith Nights or Pudge war style stuff during a given month.

And Technically the guild is still pretty fresh thing for most of us, if im not wrong it hasnt been more than 2 months since the guild became a part of the AJSA community thing so yeah i think there is more to improve upon and i think the new year is a good time as any to set up some goals, discuss what could be better done and such.

Definitely would love some discussion and opinions from the Officers about what i pointed out and if im wrong in anyway. 

KanKraken, Globalnet and mrfool like this

Actually I didn't understand the sense of anything you said (and why here, it seems to be offtopic)...

Coaching Joe to teach him to play isn't connected with these AJSA, officers, guild or timeline problems.

Thanks for uping the thread at least  :) .

Actually I didn't understand the sense of anything you said (and why here, it seems to be offtopic)...

Coaching Joe to teach him to play isn't connected with these AJSA, officers, guild or timeline problems.

Thanks for uping the thread at least  :) .

its tangetially connected due to enders post :P so yeah take it as a free up post and hopefully more traffic from the officers hopefully. Did get to talk abit with Mr Fool so its abit clearer for me but im waiting on the officers(Craigr, Derwisj or Mr Fools) official post to put it out rather than me snaking a few words from the chat into here :)

and sorry if i end up taking over this thread... All your bases are mine muhahaha :P

its tangetially connected due to enders post :P so yeah take it as a free up post and hopefully more traffic from the officers hopefully. Did get to talk abit with Mr Fool so its abit clearer for me but im waiting on the officers(Craigr, Derwisj or Mr Fools) official post to put it out rather than me snaking a few words from the chat into here :)

and sorry if i end up taking over this thread... All your bases are mine muhahaha :P

Man I still didn't understand what were you talking with Mr Fool about :\

Maybe it's just my bad English (not bad actually, but it's still not my native language) or laziness to read first post more carefully  :D

Man I still didn't understand what were you talking with Mr Fool about :\

Maybe it's just my bad English (not bad actually, but it's still not my native language) or laziness to read first post more carefully  :D

Mostly:

a) getting more officers for the guild to better suit the timezones of US(since Craigr, Mr Fool, Derwisj are all EU)

b.) discussing joe's first time dota 2 and feeling that the guild was never mentioned and neither joe nor delrith are in the guild

c) go look at Mr fools post for more he has made a thread and i like it for what it is :)

Greetings, AJSA!

You could have noticed, that Joe is not very good at the game now and coaching could help him to be more efficient much faster!

I understand that he can find some more popular DotA streamer or something like that to get even more popular himself, and that's good, but until then, I could be of help.

+ I think he could use help of some skilled player, not just streamer (many of them dont understand much in DotA themselves  :D ).

I'm a pretty good DotA 2 player with 3400+ hours in it, 1800+ pub games and about 260+ screams and tournament games (Top 10 Pro ladder of StarLadder for quite a long time, team GpE - Growing Pique).

My overall DotA experience (DotA Allstars + DotA 2) is about 9000 or even more, was playing DotA much more often before.

I will be glad to share my DotA 2 experience and knowledge!

I'll be very grateful if someone could give Joe this information ^_^

Dendi dat you? :)

Dendi dat you? :)

Lol, Dendi has many more hours and games than me, especially tournament ones.

Lol, Dendi has many more hours and games than me, especially tournament ones.

on a side note im guessing your profile pic is a cat  cosplaying as queen of pain which unlike the idea is cute :)

Svyaga btw if/when the forums does decide to start a thread with list of willing coaches/Teachers for the guild/community can we see you on the list? :)

Well I think your missing the point here. We can't really make some one like what we like. I also like Dota and I started playing it in 2006 like a complete noob. But this game blew my mind. It had everything I wanted. But with time you gather more and more understanding and knolage about the game and you can hardly see how new players are suffering in those games, mainly cause they just don't know the Hero/Skills/Items. I think we can all agree that when you learn one MOBA you will hardly get serious in an other. Sure It's a lot more easier to go from MOBA to an other but most people would never bother cause that's just too many things to learn and memorize. I can see that Joe got in to LoL and I understand the even if he try Dota more he will probably not put a lot of time in it. Unless he alone really likes it more then LoL and non of us can really help him with that. The best think we can do is that some of the Staff (that joe would trust) will play Games with him and instruct him before that on some very important matters. I can see a lot of times people just don't tell him that he is messing it up and that is not really helping him. Perhaps if we make In-Hause game, for example Joe's Team (maybe Dota Officers) vs the winners of the last Dota Tournament. If the game is made In-Hause it should be better then random enemy. I assume he would like to record or stream it. And ye we all can see that the majority of streamers can't really play their games. But they are streamers not necessary good gamers. Some one can actually Cast the game :) that will be fun.

I actually waned to suggest that as a reward for the winning team. That they get a chance to play vs Joe's team. I bet everyone in the Dota community of the AJSA will like to  see and respect that.

I like Joe videos we share opinions, but I have to be honest I joined the AJSA because of Dota. That being sad I really understand Joe and that this games are really hard. If you got one right, then you really don't want to play others, except maybe for a Video or Stream. There is really no way for us to make him like Dota, we should just invite him to play with the best of us, so he can experience the joy we all share for this game.

Last sugestion if you really want him to have fun, make the picks for the game before the game. Prepare him for it. Explain to him what each hero does so he don't feel like me playing LoL. If anyone would be able to talk to him, just ask him what type of heros he like to play, what playing style in Dota will suit him best. And let him learn his hero and the heroes that will be in that game before the actual game. In this way he don't have to learn entire Dota to have fun. It can take just 30 minutes before the game. My personal idea for hero he should play is the manliest of them all my first hero I every played Axe :) Don't give him pussy like heroes like Troll or Ursa :)

Joe, you just have to try the AXE EFFECT :)