• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

EliodenWard

Dark Souls II

468 posts in this topic

This thread is really for discussing everything relating to Dark Souls II. As all fans of the Souls games should know, Dark Souls II is obviously the sequel to our favorite game that occasionally makes you want to throw something. Although the console versions of the game have already come out, the PC edition of the game came out on April 25th 2014. Now we wait for the DLCs to the game, if you're not one of those that are hating on them of course! The firs DSII dlc is coming out on July 22nd.

We have three trailers below, all are rather entertaining to watch, even if you've already started playing the game!

If you've already got the game, and would like to discuss it, the post-release discussions start part-way down page eleven. Just remember, if you're going to say something that is a potential spoiler, remember to use the spoiler tags! If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, click the spoiler button below to learn.

[ spoiler ] *insert text here* [/ spoiler ] ... Just without the spaces in between the brackets, and the word 'spoiler.'

The console versions of Dark Souls 2 have been released! (Please do not spoil the game for others.)

The PC Version of Dark Souls 2 has released!

CGI Trailer --

Aching Bones Trailer --

Cursed Trailer -

Fun fact #1: Did you know that Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls which is to King's Field? There's one sure-fire way to confirm this too! The Moonlight Greatsword is in every single one of those games. Really, it is!

Fun fact #2: Did you know that Dark Souls II is NOT a prequel? I bet that half of you reading this think that it still is. Although it was originally speculated to be a prequel, the developers have since stated that the game's story happens after the events of Dark Souls. So it happens after. Its not a prequel.

Fun fact #3: Did you know that beards are going to be in Dark Souls II? This may not be important to some of you, but as any true man knows, a beard is his best weapon, and most trusted companion.

Also.... Anybody else hope that Patches is in Dark Souls II? I want to get kicked off of yet another cliff by him. Haha

Here's a link to a cool and official Dark Souls II prequel comic on Facebook. They're releasing two pages every Wednesday. I suppose that they couldn't keep up with the original two pages everyday plan.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.547965298609852.1073741834.119869331419453&type=3

Z0mbieZer0 and soulnightmare like this

There's a thread for Dark Souls II:

http://www.angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/5059-dark-souls-2/

But I will say Dark Souls 2 is my most anticipated game for 2014. Got to play the beta back in October and November and loved it. All ready beat Demon's Souls and Dark Souls but probably will finish up several builds I still need to complete in Dark Souls before the game comes out.

EDIT:

Well can't get the link to work right but the Dark Souls 2 post is on page 8 of this section of the forum.

There's a thread for Dark Souls II:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/5059-dark-souls-2/

But I will say Dark Souls 2 is my most anticipated game for 2014. Got to play the beta back in October and November and loved it. All ready beat Demon's Souls and Dark Souls but probably will finish up several builds I still need to complete in Dark Souls before the game comes out.

Nice, I haven't had the chance to play Demon's Souls. I would really like to however. Also... I'd thank you for the link, but it seems that its broken. At least, it is on my end.

Yeah can't fix it been trying to. But if you want to go look, the other Dark Souls 2 post is on page 8 of the RPG section of the forums.

Yeah can't fix it been trying to. But if you want to go look, the other Dark Souls 2 post is on page 8 of the RPG section of the forums.

Heh, with this post this thread is just as large as the one you linked to. Haha... I was expecting a bit of a discussion. I guess these forums are sort of dead, eh? ... Just for the sake of being on topic though, the last 30 seconds or so of the DSII cgi trailer are exhilarating.

I'm looking forward for this game but the graphic is the last of my concerns.

As for Demon's Souls now that the previous gen consoles have lower prices i'm thinking about it, it's a decision between Xbox360 for Red Dead Redemption or PS3 for Demon's Souls.

Oh yeah the CGI trailer was great, really it has been a long time since a trailer has made me go wow and get me out of my chair, what surprised me was the fact it was Dark Souls II. A sequel to one of my favorite games of this gen (or I guess it should be called last gen now) was getting a sequel. Just came out of no where.

Oh and the 'Paladin' is actually called Temple Knight. Sorry I'm nitpicking. XD But the Temple Knight was the most fun class and actually coolest looking during the beta.

As for what console to get well Red Dead Redemption is on PS3 to you know. I don't know if there really is a difference between them on consoles, never really followed the whole 'oh this consoles graphics are better then this ones' argument, they look the same to me, just preference on which system you like more.

EliodenWard likes this

Oh yeah the CGI trailer was great, really it has been a long time since a trailer has made me go wow and get me out of my chair, what surprised me was the fact it was Dark Souls II. A sequel to one of my favorite games of this gen (or I guess it should be called last gen now) was getting a sequel. Just came out of no where.

Oh and the 'Paladin' is actually called Temple Knight. Sorry I'm nitpicking. XD But the Temple Knight was the most fun class and actually coolest looking during the beta.

As for what console to get well Red Dead Redemption is on PS3 to you know. I don't know if there really is a difference between them on consoles, never really followed the whole 'oh this consoles graphics are better then this ones' argument, they look the same to me, just preference on which system you like more.

Oh, I knew that it wasn't called a paladin... But that's still what it is. Paladin, Cleric, Templar, Temple Knight, Crusader... They're all about the same in most games. Haha

Also, the music to both of the trailers is just perfect. It ties it all together so perfectly. Also... The Dark Souls II poster boy is a severe badass.

I'm looking forward for this game but the graphic is the last of my concerns.

As for Demon's Souls now that the previous gen consoles have lower prices i'm thinking about it, it's a decision between Xbox360 for Red Dead Redemption or PS3 for Demon's Souls.

Well, the graphics could look like minecraft and I'd be fine (obviously an exaggeration, that's a bit much). I don't really care about graphics, I'm just curious.

I just finished Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a few days ago and I can't wait for DS 2 to come out now :) 

I honestly hope that Dark Souls 2 will not have GFWL with its PC port not rushed again because that caused so many problems for Dark Souls 1 to crash on the start up even modding it made it crash worst and took 2 hours to fix it but made it look better.

Commander Shepard likes this

They are doing the PC version from scratch on PC so it's not a port. They also want to get it done right so that is more then likely the reason why the PC version isn't coming out at the same time as the console version. I think it's delayed like a week or two or something like that.

The only thing that grinds my gear about people talking about Dark Souls 2 are those that say it's a prequel when it's not. I don't know why but it bugs me to death for some reason, probably because the head game designer has all ready stated it is a sequel but no one seems to even know that.

They are doing the PC version from scratch on PC so it's not a port. They also want to get it done right so that is more then likely the reason why the PC version isn't coming out at the same time as the console version. I think it's delayed like a week or two or something like that.

The only thing that grinds my gear about people talking about Dark Souls 2 are those that say it's a prequel when it's not. I don't know why but it bugs me to death for some reason, probably because the head game designer has all ready stated it is a sequel but no one seems to even know that.

Oh thank god for that and if its a sequel I think it would be a lot better if its not a prequel since sometimes most games with prequels don't really start off sometimes but that's my opinion. 

Commander Shepard likes this

Oh it's definitely a sequel, the beta even confirmed it, spoilers so you know don't look below if you don't want to know some of the things in the game:

-For starters the head game designer has stated it's a sequel that takes place so far into the future that the name Lordran has become a myth.

-The Pharis Hat is in Dark Souls 2 but is called the Hunter's Hat and is described to belong to a once long forgotten famous archer.

-The Lightining Spear miracle is in Dark Souls 2 and is described as perhaps belonging to a once forgotten warrior, referencing our favorite sunbro of course.

-Then there is a covenant called the Heirs to the Sun that is described as a covenant that worship the sun, a lost belief that was once widespread great warriors. Meaning that the Warriors of Sunlight is no more but the ways still live on somewhat.

-There are two war gods, Faraam and Narh Alma.

-Also this game doesn't take place in Lordran but in a new land called Drangleic, which is never mentioned in Dark Souls so either there was war and places got renamed or it's across the ocean.

So yeah it is a sequel.

Z0mbieZer0 likes this

Oh it's definitely a sequel, the beta even confirmed it, spoilers so you know don't look below if you don't want to know some of the things in the game:

-For starters the head game designer has stated it's a sequel that takes place so far into the future that the name Lordran has become a myth.

-The Pharis Hat is in Dark Souls 2 but is called the Hunter's Hat and is described to belong to a once long forgotten famous archer.

-The Lightining Spear miracle is in Dark Souls 2 and is described as perhaps belonging to a once forgotten warrior, referencing our favorite sunbro of course.

-Then there is a covenant called the Heirs to the Sun that is described as a covenant that worship the sun, a lost belief that was once widespread great warriors. Meaning that the Warriors of Sunlight is no more but the ways still live on somewhat.

-There are two war gods, Faraam and Narh Alma.

-Also this game doesn't take place in Lordran but in a new land called Drangleic, which is never mentioned in Dark Souls so either there was war and places got renamed or it's across the ocean.

So yeah it is a sequel.

Sounds pretty sweet. I've been getting hyped about the game lately... I read 'Spoilers', tried to look away, and failed. Haha... Oh its so close but so far away. At least it comes out near my birthday, so I have an excuse to buy it (like I really need one!) Haha

I just finished Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a few days ago and I can't wait for DS 2 to come out now :)

I honestly hope that Dark Souls 2 will not have GFWL with its PC port not rushed again because that caused so many problems for Dark Souls 1 to crash on the start up even modding it made it crash worst and took 2 hours to fix it but made it look better.

They're not using GFWL, they've made their own servers for DSII, luckily. I'm really quite tired of GFWL. I've got down rated so many times for being 'Aggressive' while darkwraithing. Of course I'm aggressive! That is the point of pvp! Its not like I don't also help them if they are new, or ask for it... Hell, I'll even darkwraith someone, then come in as a white phantom and help them clear the level! Haha

Effective stat focus and mixing, dual wielding will be viable, and best of all: glorious flowing capes. Dark Souls II already has my money, it just needs to be in my hands, damn it.

A Paladin and a Templar aren't the same! *gasps* Templars are knight crusaders who were very REAL, and Paladins are almost entirely of fictional creation.

Yeah I know that's not what anyone was talking about but I couldn't resist, personally what I want from this game is to stop being difficult and start being challenging.

Pladins are not FAKE or Fictional :The paladins, sometimes known as the Twelve Peers, were the foremost warriors of Charlemagne's court, according to the literary cycle known as the Matter of France. They first appear in the early chansons de geste such as The Song of Roland, where they represent Christian valor against the Saracen hordes. The paladins and their associated exploits are largely later fictional inventions, with some basis on historical Frankish retainers of the 8th century and events such as the Battle of Roncevaux Pass and the confrontation of the Frankish Empire with Umayyad Al-Andalus in the Marca Hispanica. A great Story that covers them is actly King Arthur and his knights

Its just that human Records barely reach this point

And Templars were the ARMS of the Church, Officially endorsed by the Catholic Church around 1129, the Order became a favoured charity throughout Christendom and grew rapidly in membership and power. Templar knights, in their distinctive white mantles with a red cross, were among the most skilled fighting units of the Crusades. Non-combatant members of the Order managed a large economic infrastructure throughout Christendom, innovating financial techniques that were an early form of banking, and building fortifications across Europe and the Holy Land.

Also i wonder if Quleegs sis is in this one or Priclla 

Black_Oak likes this

@EddieJames55

I doubt Priscilla or any of the sisters of Izalith or going to be in the game because the game director himself has stated that by this point in the games timeline the name and word Lordran is nothing more then a myth, a forgotten legend plus it doesn't take place any where near Lordran to begin with, rather it is set in a new realm called Drangleic. Then the few items in the game that reference Dark Souls all state they might of once belonged to forgotten heros meaning most of the people in Dark Souls are forgotten by name or maybe even entirely.

@OfFireandStone

What do you mean? These games are challenging rather then difficult, the only difficult thing about these games is the learning curve. Everything else is a challenge. Even then the game isn't that difficult.

Black_Oak likes this

Its not to much to hope for another Character with the same Depth as Priclla or Quleeg tho RIGHT!! just so Excited  

Priscilla could of had even more depths you know. Originally Priscilla was going to be a heroine, who could aid the player in some way but due to time constraints it wasn't finished nor put in. Such a pity, she is an interesting character.

Koromaro likes this

Priscilla could of had even more depths you know. Originally Priscilla was going to be a heroine, who could aid the player in some way but due to time constraints it wasn't finished nor put in. Such a pity, she is an interesting character.

Right i love her to tears and i hated killing her for the Scythe 

i also enjoy Quleeg and wanted to gut anyone who would kill her sis for a humanity and fire keeper soul 

Ah the Fair Lady Quelaan, yes she is another one though a sad character. I usually might kill Eingyi since he is the one causing her suffering.

Ah the Fair Lady Quelaan, yes she is another one though a sad character. I usually might kill Eingyi since he is the one causing her suffering.

yea always feeding her that poison eggs  

Pladins are not FAKE or Fictional :The paladins, sometimes known as the Twelve Peers, were the foremost warriors of Charlemagne's court, according to the literary cycle known as the Matter of France. They first appear in the early chansons de geste such as The Song of Roland, where they represent Christian valor against the Saracen hordes. The paladins and their associated exploits are largely later fictional inventions, with some basis on historical Frankish retainers of the 8th century and events such as the Battle of Roncevaux Pass and the confrontation of the Frankish Empire with Umayyad Al-Andalus in the Marca Hispanica. A great Story that covers them is actly King Arthur and his knights

Its just that human Records barely reach this point

And Templars were the ARMS of the Church, Officially endorsed by the Catholic Church around 1129, the Order became a favoured charity throughout Christendom and grew rapidly in membership and power. Templar knights, in their distinctive white mantles with a red cross, were among the most skilled fighting units of the Crusades. Non-combatant members of the Order managed a large economic infrastructure throughout Christendom, innovating financial techniques that were an early form of banking, and building fortifications across Europe and the Holy Land.

Also i wonder if Quleegs sis is in this one or Priclla 

Oh yes, they existed however most of the events and tales involving them are mostly fabrication.