• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

EliodenWard

Dark Souls II

468 posts in this topic

I don't know, I partially think they believe what they are saying as well as believe they are a troll, since I've been the E-dogz guy commenting on the post and the person has replied with a comment that barely answered anything yet tries to defend what they posted in the article. I don't know but I'm past it now since it seems if they believe it they are blind to any other opinion.

EliodenWard likes this

I don't know, I partially think they believe what they are saying as well as believe they are a troll, since I've been the E-dogz guy commenting on the post and the person has replied with a comment that barely answered anything yet tries to defend what they posted in the article. I don't know but I'm past it now since it seems if they believe it they are blind to any other opinion.

Troll or not, I think that we can both agree that their opinion is both biased and irrelevant. Haha...

Also, anyone else hope you can have a beard like this fellow here? I know I do. I mean look at it! Its awfully manly. Haha

Dark-Souls-II_2014_01-16-14_004.jpg

argetlam350 likes this

There was actually a screenshot of a player with a beard, so yes beards are coming. Best thing ever added. XD

There was actually a screenshot of a player with a beard, so yes beards are coming. Best thing ever added. XD

Really! That is the best news I have heard so far. Any idea where this screenshot may be located? I had to texture on a beard to my character in Dark Souls... Never looked right, sort of like a thick stubble. XD

Edit:: Wait wait! I believe I have found it.

1515034_617105468338288_2145849941_n.jpg

Edit 2: It appears that this is the same character... Which means your beard falls out when you're hollow... What a shame! Haha

tumblr_myuxnvZLrs1rkea42o2_1280.jpg

Then I must be human forever! I don't want to loose that manly beard ever. XD

Indeed! If I do die, and lose my glorious beard of +15 Manliness.... I will cover my shame with a full helm.

argetlam350 likes this

So someone went out of their way to translate the Japanese Dark Souls 2 website post that came out this week and this is what they found:
http://imgur.com/rwqk3yX

A few things I would like to point out:

-That the CGI we saw in the Curse Trailer is indeed in fact part of the prologue, this post confirms it.

-One of the items talked about after the prologue is called a Soul Vessel and is described as 'a vessel where one can entrust souls by draining them from the body. If one were to redo everything. He should try emptying his souls into the vessel.' So perhaps a means of deleveling in Dark Souls 2, much easier then using Mestopheles in Demon's Souls.

-Then there is the Pharos Stone, which sounds interesting since the item description doesn't seem to give any idea what its use is.

-Names the several characters that have been release all ready in several screenshots.

-Once more open world, in case if anyone was still wondering but I don't think many were.

-Goes on to talk about the singleplayer and co-op/invasion, with several covenant names we all ready know, though the names are slightly different perhaps due to translation or maybe Fromsoft has changed the names but we have to keep in mind that the English version of Dark Souls didn't always have correct translations or were slightly different so the Azure Guardians maybe what they are called in Japanese but here in America or other countries they are called the Blue Sentinels due to translation. Who knows.

EliodenWard likes this

The more I played Dark Souls, the more I've been anticipating another release to expand that world. It has been one of the greatest gaming experiences I've had, so I'm really wanting to see if Dark Souls 2 will live up to everyone's expectations. However not knowing if it will measure up to what everyone wants from it should lead to a greater surprise regardless if it falls short, or blows you away. I'm just hoping to be blown away myself.

EliodenWard likes this

Hello Dark Souls Junkies!

Incase you guys are looking for some more beta footage, I'm releasing my gameplay from the November test starting this week on my channel. I'm definitely not an exceptionally skilled player, but these videos may help satisfy a little craving for more Dark Souls 2 action.

The first few videos focus mainly with the Soldier and me getting the feel for the game for the first time. Later I will also show gameplay from the other classes that are available. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSKvsoulJB_ZLMr2E44vW8l8_eCJBFX3P

Being a part of a great Dark Souls community has some perks, such as a new video that shows off a few new areas, enemies, NPCs, and some combat gameplay:

Lots of info on Dark Souls 2 released in the last week, these videos should cover most. I'm so excited.

This may have been asked already, but is there any surefire release date for the PC version?

post-41975-0-96391200-1391758953_thumb.j

don't think so

This may have been asked already, but is there any surefire release date for the PC version?

There is however, a lot of speculation on the matter. Its supposed to be coming out within the same month, and from what I've read on the internet its most likely that it'll come out somewhere between the 21st and the 30th of March. Of course, that's just speculation, but its a good little time frame I think.

Lots of info on Dark Souls 2 released in the last week, these videos should cover most. I'm so excited.

Hmm... Deciding rather or not I want to watch this. Dark Souls is releasing pretty soon, and I don't know if I want to spoil anymore of its glory! How many spoilers would you say these videos have in them? ... So far, I've watched just enough to decide for certain that I'm playing a Temple Knight on my first play through.

if anything it only spoils like the first 5-10 minutes.  I'd say go ahead and watch it some good info there!

ahhhh shiiit swordsman is what im picking lol

With this information I will probably start as a Knight, Warrior, or Priest... Probably Knight. Of course I'll have the intent of building him into a Paladin type character.

With this information I will probably start as a Knight, Warrior, or Priest... Probably Knight. Of course I'll have the intent of building him into a Paladin type character.

what console are you getting the game for?

what console are you getting the game for?

I have the Ps3 collector's edition pre-ordered, but I'll be buying a standard copy of the game for the PC when it is available. My first couple of playthroughs will undoubtedly be on the Ps3 though. :)

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I own a 360 and a Ps3 also. I just like video games. haha

I have the Ps3 collector's edition pre-ordered, but I'll be buying a standard copy of the game for the PC when it is available. My first couple of playthroughs will undoubtedly be on the Ps3 though. :)

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I own a 360 and a Ps3 also. I just like video games. haha

that's cool.  I'm getting it on 360 hoping there will be plenty of people to invade.  I'm going to be that guy with the high sin count

I'm thinking either Priest, Explorer, or Bandit. I would go with Knight but I've done knight for the past two games so I want to go with something new.