• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Orpo

Opinion about Bioshock Infinite.

20 posts in this topic

So guys today i was browsing around the local gamestop and i noticed a good offer for Bioshock Infinite premium edition, 30 euros, is it worth to buy without trying the previous chapters? I'm asking because it's a genre i don't usually meddle with but i've heard only good things about this game.

The storyline is one of the best, that's all i can say. Combat is a step back from the previous titles but in my opinion still remains good fun to play, especially with the Skylines to zip around :D

But there's no multiplayer and little replayablitity, so I'll keep that 30 euros if I were you.

A railgun shooter experience that tries to provide a movie like experience in the bioshock realm but fails, only bringing a game filled with plot twist, invisible barriers, linger levels and story, nerf'ed enemies, and more. 

yeah, I didn't like bioshock infinite.  

I on the other hand think it's the only good one, opinions differ. 

I think for 30 euros, it's a solid yes by me

Got it for £6 in the sale so I can't complain.

Only played a few hours of it so far but it's not been terrible.

The storyline is one of the best, that's all i can say. Combat is a step back from the previous titles but in my opinion still remains good fun to play, especially with the Skylines to zip around :D

But there's no multiplayer and little replayablitity, so I'll keep that 30 euros if I were you.

He's basically got it in a nutshell. I disagree on it a little, though; if you intend to play it just for the story, go for it.

LoreMaster likes this

If you like story, then go for it, but the gameplay is bad.

Bioshock Infinite isn't a game, it is an experience. The gamplay is ultimately  just a vehicle for telling a story (a really great story). Basically if you are okay with just playing the game for the story, then pick it up. If you're looking for a game with innovative exciting gameplay, you may want to look elsewhere.

Great story line, i never played other bioshock games but it didnt really made the difference for me, but i must say that

some stages in the game are annoying, there is a boss that need to be killed 3 times over and over in different places, and the action is not that fun, it's all about

the story... 

Its not terrible but its not great.

If you want a Bioshock game play the first one.

Infinite had the worst story out of all of them to me....

As others have said, the story is the best thing about the game.

In my opinion, Infinite has the best story of any bioshock game and the gameplay isn't nearly as bad as some people say. I found the gameplay to be sufficiently enjoyable whilst delivering a fantastic story.

The story is separate from the other bioshock games so you don't have to worry about that. The other bioshocks are good though, so if you do get infinite and like it then i'd recommend checking those out.

I rate Infinite as my Game of the year runner-up. I loved the game, so If you ask me, you should definitely get it.

Haven't played any of them, tried first one, didn't like it and the rest didn't seem very entertaining either.

oh yes its a must have i loved it its my game of 2013 and no you dont need to have played the past ones but you totally should cause the first bioshock is one of my all time favs

gameplay is far away from terrible, it's pretty good, but if it was just the shooting mechanics, the game would be really "meh", the really great thing about the game is the story.

i played infinite before playing 1 and 2. didn't mess up the story or anything. 

Sigma081 likes this

Weeell then if it's just for the story i'll go with the Telltale's The Walking Dead that is cheaper :D . The gameplay was my first concern.

I say it is a definite buy. It is within my top 5 best games of 2013. As others have said, it is the story that really makes the experience amazing. I would highly recommend it, and the previous titles have little to no bearing on this game. The only thing about the previous games is a few references and considering the game technically takes place before the first two installments you should have no problem enjoying this one. 

Weeell then if it's just for the story i'll go with the Telltale's The Walking Dead that is cheaper :D . The gameplay was my first concern.

I found it better in the first game. Here its still fun but I felt everything was overall "simplified" and much easier to do. But the gameplay is decent still. If its your first time playing a game like this its 50/50 whether you will enjoy it or not ..

Even if you haven't played many or any FPS shooters the gameplay is still pretty fun but it might feel a bit different. The only reason I didn't like most of the story is because way before "answers" actually get to you I guessed most of it and was kind of pissed it was that obvious. Basically I expected more from the story than to be able to guess it so accurately so quickly.

I found it better in the first game. Here its still fun but I felt everything was overall "simplified" and much easier to do. But the gameplay is decent still. If its your first time playing a game like this its 50/50 whether you will enjoy it or not ..

Even if you haven't played many or any FPS shooters the gameplay is still pretty fun but it might feel a bit different. The only reason I didn't like most of the story is because way before "answers" actually get to you I guessed most of it and was kind of pissed it was that obvious. Basically I expected more from the story than to be able to guess it so accurately so quickly.

I played a lot of fps in the past but that was the generation of Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Doom and so on. I stopped playing fps since the 2nd Call of Duty. If the gameplay is dumb and favours the story telling then i prefer something that does it without being pleasant. ( I might be slightly drunk so apologize for eventual spelling errors).

slightly overrated because the gameplay regressed in comparison, but not at all a bad thing. Story is good, to say the least. (don't wanna spoil anything even though it is a little old.)

I played a lot of fps in the past but that was the generation of Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Doom and so on. I stopped playing fps since the 2nd Call of Duty. If the gameplay is dumb and favours the story telling then i prefer something that does it without being pleasant. ( I might be slightly drunk so apologize for eventual spelling errors).

No worries. There are people native to English speaking countries who make posts that are barely legible. You do pretty damn well and even on your worst day you couldn't type as bad as some :D

Actually I think you will probably really like playing the game. It has appropriate gore where/when it needs to be there for actions taken and overall it is fun to play. But the enemies are dumbed down and it is kind of a "breeze" to do. I finished the game way quicker than I honestly thought I would.

I highly suggest seeing what the first game costs and if its cheaper grabbing that one. The story for Infinite really doesn't require a needed knowledge of the other games and the gameplay is still fun.

If you know its going to be that price for a while try renting it and seeing how you like it first if you can, if not I know the first Bioshock had a demo and while Infinite is a bit different you can still get a rough idea of how the games are.