• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaj

The Downfall of World of Tanks?

33 posts in this topic

So World of Tanks is an MMO based on simple Tanks. And it has been the leading Tank game since 2008. The thing is a New Game seems to bee taking the Fan Base and Youtubers of the World of Tanks play base. The name of this game is War Thunder, Warthunder is too an MMO with tanks. but! It too has Planes,Ships,AAA, The tanks of the game are in Closed Beta right now. but the planes are in Open beta. So do you think this will bee the down fall of World of Tanks. Seeing as when War Thunder came in Open Beta the player base of World of Tanks took off to War Thunder about 30% So do you think it is the downfall? [sorry for S*it Grammer]world-of-tanks.jpgshot%202013_05_14%2021_49_41_800.jpg

I dont think so, World of Tanks is a different playstyle than War Thunder completely

Its hard to say, since War Thunder still doesnt release their tanks to everyone, so until that day I dont think we could assume anything about if World of Tanks will dissapear or keep going as it has until now

Its hard to say, since War Thunder still doesnt release their tanks to everyone, so until that day I dont think we could assume anything about if World of Tanks will dissapear or keep going as it has until now

Well i am in the Beta.

you can too just go Search it up on the Internet.

I didn't even realise War Thunder was a sequel. I knew it was the same dev' and all but... never mind, not important.

I never played WOT, but I'm enjoying the War Thunder beta very much. The news that the tanks and stuff will be added at some point as far as I'm concerned is encouraging and not even slightly doom and gloom for WOT.

I didn't even realise War Thunder was sequel. I knew it was the same dev' and all but... never mind, not important.

I never played WOT, but I'm enjoying the War Thunder beta very much. The news that the tanks and stuff will be added at some point as far as I'm concerned is encouraging and not even slightly doom and gloom for WOT.

No no no Wargaming is not the same as Gajiin.

Can I assume "Gajin" is a typo because I don't really know what you mean.

Eh.. NO..

There will be a World of Warplanes and a World of Ships is in makings so, no.

Eh.. NO..

There will be a World of Warplanes and a World of Ships is in makings so, no.

Well World of Warplanes was an Epic Fail. But! Wolrd of War Ships will maybe bee and Epic Win.

Can I assume "Gajin" is a typo because I don't really know what you mean.

The name of the Company that made War Thunder is called Gaijin entertainment.

Well World of Warplanes was an Epic Fail. But! Wolrd of War Ships will maybe bee and Epic Win.

Says who?

The name of the Company that made War Thunder is called Gaijin entertainment.

Thanks for clearing that up (had me a bit of brain fart there), but I still don't get the meaning of your first reply:

They're a game developer who have made, among other things, war games. So what exactly do you mean?

Says who?

Well it's like Ride to hell if you like it okay but i think it sucks. like everyone else i know and every youtuber that plays World of Tanks.

Thanks for clearing that up (had me a bit of brain fart there), but I still don't get the meaning of your first reply:

They're a game developer who have made, among other things, war games. So what exactly do you mean?

oh i thought you ment the hole company.

Well it's like Ride to hell if you like it okay but i think it sucks. like everyone else i know and every youtuber that plays World of Tanks.

No, it's like War Thunder but not as good is what I hear it's being said, or that War Thunder is not as good as World of Warplanes.

Here's the question; Have you played it and War Thunder so this is your opinion on the matter, or are you just listening to others? Because I find it extremely hard to believe it's like Ride to Hell: Retribution since it lacks the pointless sex-scenes and the driving-backwards controls. Because one thing is for sure and that is that people do enjoy playing it and it's not considered epic fail

No, it's like War Thunder but not as good is what I hear it's being said, or that War Thunder is not as good as World of Warplanes.

Here's the question; Have you played it and War Thunder so this is your opinion on the matter, or are you just listening to others? Because I find it extremely hard to believe it's like Ride to Hell: Retribution since it lacks the pointless sex-scenes and the driving-backwards controls. Because one thing is for sure and that is that people do enjoy playing it and it's not considered epic fail

Well i have my own Opinion. and i listen to others opinion. it is nice to hear people who like World of War Planes. I don't my self but every one has opinion's:)

Well without trying to be a jerk, War Thunder is WAY better in terms of mechanics. WoT was just a arcade tank shooter.

I've seen the War Thunder tank game play and it is infinitely better. Again not trying to be a douche, but facts is facts.

Well without trying to be a jerk, War Thunder is WAY better in terms of mechanics. WoT was just a arcade tank shooter.

I've seen the War Thunder tank game play and it is infinitely better. Again not trying to be a douche, but facts is facts.

I agree.

My dad plays it every now and again. WoT, that is. I personally don't like it. But then again - I don't really like any pvp focused games. Also their business model was a sort of a 'pay-to-win' as you could buy superior ammo with money, but not in game currency. Of course, I might be talking out of my ass right now as I don't know of anythings changed about that.

My dad plays it every now and again. WoT, that is. I personally don't like it. But then again - I don't really like any pvp focused games. Also their business model was a sort of a 'pay-to-win' as you could buy superior ammo with money, but not in game currency. Of course, I might be talking out of my ass right now as I don't know of anythings changed about that.

I can't speak for WOT, but in War Thunder you can do it either way. The game seems to automatically match you up with players at roughly the same level so it's fair for the most part. The micro-transactions are there to be bought by people to lazy to grind and earn the content.

I can't speak for WOT, but in War Thunder you can do it either way. The game seems to automatically match you up with players at roughly the same level so it's fair for the most part. The micro-transactions are there to be bought by people to lazy to grind and earn the content.

Even when you pay it's not easy. I've spent probly at lwast 100 dollars on the game and I don't have any country with higher than tier 3 planes

"It lacks the pointless sex scenes" Man thanks for reminding me.

*groan* I could feel the cells in my brain slowly commit suicide when Joe popped that up.

Even when you pay it's not easy. I've spent probly at lwast 100 dollars on the game and I don't have any country with higher than tier 3 planes

I plan to focus on just one country at a time. I've got like 5 or 6 on the British side with a variety of planes and haven't yet spent a penny.

Well the thing is that you buying s+it for money in War Thunder wont make anything more easy.

Well the thing is that you buying s+it for money in War Thunder wont make anything more easy.

Exactly, you just.... buy stuff.

But that, is a good thing.