• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marche

Battlefield, is it really that good?

32 posts in this topic

I haven't played any Battlefield games before, but I've heard tons of good stuff about them. I do play some FPS from time to time, but I'm a quite casual player.

So my question is, should I buy BF4 now or wait for it to drop in price? I've got BF3 from the EA humble bundle, but haven't really played it.

from BF Bad Company and later, the old Battlefield style changes alot

heres my suggestion

if you like a balance of realism and "active gameplay", pretty much any BF is for you, just like Planetside 2 and other games as such

if you like "active gameplay" only, its not for you and you should consider games more like Call of Duty or other games based less on realism and more on "traditional style"

if you like true realism, BF is not for you either, try ARMA 3 if you seek realism, i was easily satisfied

in other words, BF3 as well as BF4, BF Bad Company 1 & 2 arent quite based on "realism" and are more balanced between both realism and gameplay, while shooters like Call of Duty are somewhat more "arcade" or "traditional" at some point while games like Operation Flashpoint and ARMA (ARMA 3 to date) are purely realism

hope i helped ^w^

Nicbois and Arkveveen like this

Hmmh, I've never really liked CoDs or MoHs, but ARMA and BF sounds interesting from what you say. Might try both of em :)

I have played ARMA and COD and Battlefield, I really just can't stay away from battlefield tho, I am really not good at it, but just the buildings falling and just all the excitement I just can stay away. I would get it, but if your still not sure rent it from red box and play it or try it out at your local gamestop.

Hmmh, I've never really liked CoDs or MoHs, but ARMA and BF sounds interesting from what you say. Might try both of em :)

check out the ARMA 3 topic in the First Person Shooter section, i posted some cool screenies and 2 awesome vids ^w^

heres the link:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/827-why-have-an-arma-3-community/

maludh likes this

I have played ARMA and COD and Battlefield, I really just can't stay away from battlefield tho, I am really not good at it, but just the buildings falling and just all the excitement I just can stay away. I would get it, but if your still not sure rent it from red box and play it or try it out at your local gamestop.

He is from Finland and I doubt GameStop have PC version of BF4 to test. I assume he plays on PC because he mention HumbleBundle.

I recommend grouping with some guys from here, or with friends to play Battlefield (any of them.), the experience is soooo much worse on your own.

BF4 is a fantastic game, HOWEVER... I'd recommend waiting like a week before buying it.

The reason is that there's quite alot of bugs (missing audio, server crashes, client crashes and more). If you play it now, you may be disappointed and get your first BF experience ruined. They are working on fixing these issues though, and that's why I'd recommend waiting a few days or a week ^^

BF4 does have some issues on the MP side right now.  First are the crap ton of Bots already, I think one guy hit level 100 in under 60 hours with crazy amount of points per minute.  Players are bullet sponges which I think have to do with the HitBox issues.  Tanks vs Infantry, in some cases you need to hit an Infantry point blank with HE shells to kill them.   

I am hopeful that these issues ( aside from bots ) will be worked out in time, like it was in BF3. 

gamereview likes this

BF4 does have some issues on the MP side right now.  First are the crap ton of Bots already, I think one guy hit level 100 in under 60 hours with crazy amount of points per minute.  Players are bullet sponges which I think have to do with the HitBox issues.  Tanks vs Infantry, in some cases you need to hit an Infantry point blank with HE shells to kill them.   

I am hopeful that these issues ( aside from bots ) will be worked out in time, like it was in BF3. 

This is what makes me hesitant to pay the full price. But I see all of you say good things about it, so I'll definitely get it soon. Maybe for christmas =p

I've been a huge fan of the series ever since the first Bad Company game, and its probably my favorite FPS on any console/pc to date. I just wish I had a better rig to play 3/4 :(

Battlefield is an alright shooter. It does nothing superb; and the destruction engine is not much more than a gimmick than a true experience changeing thing, but it is good.

If you want a solid shooter with an entertaining multiplayer and a as usuable decent campaign, give it a shot.

I would wait for a good amount of bugs to be fixed, Honestly for me I love the game even with the bugs just cause I know they will be fixed. My advise is not to look on the official battlelog forums because its a bunch of complainers on their and it will give you a bad idea about the game before you try it yourself.

Just wait a while. 

ELACaster likes this

Dude,wait.You don't need to rush it.And it's not so good like other Battlefields.It's just a waste of money.

BF4 isn't that bad as far as bugs go, honestly. It's also very, very similar to BF3. So, since you have BF3 already, you could just install that and play around with it to see if you like it; if you do, you'll probably like BF4.

I find the Levolution to be pretty interesting and the destroyable environment is a huge game changer in my opinion. I do not agree with Lionheart on this one, destroying the environment creates dynamic cover, being able to knock out a wall to move through, or taking down a building a sniper is in is a huge deal in my opinion and one of the reasons I play BF3/4.

USMCSnipe713 likes this

BF4 is currently quite buggy indeed. I seem to have been lucky as I've not experienced as many errors as alot of other people, but it is definately frustrating when you are gaining momentum and the game just freezes for no reason.

...the destruction engine is not much more than a gimmick than a true experience changeing thing, but it is good.

If you want a solid shooter with an entertaining multiplayer and a as usuable decent campaign, give it a shot.

The destruction engine actually adds quite a lot. You can actually change the game quite a bit by taking down a wall. If nothing else it makes the battlefield FEEL really dynamic, big and awesome, which is one of the reasons I love the BF games.

You may be referring to the "LEVOLUTION", which is indeed just a massive gimmick, and really doesn't change the game too much except on Siege of Shanghai.

SgtRoss likes this

Battlefield 4 is good game overall, but there are two thing that i hate.

1. Buggy as hell, always hoping that i can finish my games before it crashes.. again. Almost every third game will crash when it is about to finish.

2. Map sizes.. do i need to say more. Ofcourse there are "large" map variation, but they also feel too small and dont even get started with those water maps where people just camp with boats and spawn kill

Battlefield 4 is good game overall, but there are two thing that i hate.

1. Buggy as hell, always hoping that i can finish my games before it crashes.. again. Almost every third game will crash when it is about to finish.

2. Map sizes.. do i need to say more. Ofcourse there are "large" map variation, but they also feel too small and dont even get started with those water maps where         people just camp with boats and spawn kill

I really don't get any crashes, only got 3 server crash in my whole 26h playtime.

Agree with map sizes, they are very well balanced for Rush (maybe you spawn a little close to mcoms, because I can easly plant before they can defend it (SSD vs. HDD...).

For conquest... they could be a little bigger. Didn't have issue with camping boats, but did with snipers camping in zone where I cannot go unless via air.

The campaign in Battlefield from 3 and 4 weren't good but the multiplayer is however there are bugs and glitches in Battlefield 4 multiplayer so if your interested in it maybe wait before buying it or get Battlefield 3 to introduce yourself into the series

I wrote a very in depth review of Battlefield 4 after playing it with my friends for one week. 

I really can't copy and paste the entirety of it here so here's a link to those interested in the Pros and Cons of Battlefield 4:

http://fragtard.net/forum/showthread.php/1694-Battlefield-4-opinions-after-nearly-a-week?p=12520#post12520

Arma III is a very good game such as BF4 :)

Dude if you are not playing battlefeild 4 you need to it is one of the best online multiplayer shooters ever.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0