• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

iRocket

The greatest video game moments ever?

56 posts in this topic

So, in this thread I'd like to ask what are people's most favourite video game moments ever?

They can be anything! The first time killing a hard boss, the first time aqcuiring the Infinity+1 sword in a game, your favourite companion being killed off for real? Your love interest and your character sharing a tender moment, saving the galaxy/world/whatever, defeating the villain and utterly curbstomping him? 

Share these moments with us!

Okay, here's mine:

Almost everything in the whole Mass Effect trilogy, starting from Mass Effect 1... [MASSIVE SPOILERS FROM THE TRILOGY]

• Shepard being made a Spectre
  • Virmire, all of it [The Sacrifice, Hold the Line, etc.]
  • Ilos, chasing Saren
  • Convincing Saren to kill himself
  • Saving the Citadel and killing Sovereign

Mass Effect 2

• Getting the new Normandy SR-2, after Collector blew up SR-1
  • Meeting new characters
  • The Suicide Mission
  • THE SOUNDTRACK
  • Garrus. 'Nuff said.

Mass Effect 3

• Kicking ass with all your buddies from the earlier games.
  • Mordin's sacrifice to cure the genophage. Manly tears every time.
  • Thane's death. F*CK KAI LENG.
  • Legion's death. Good night, sweet prince.
  • Defeating the Reapers once and for all.
  • Saying goodbyes to your team on Earth.
  • Sticking your Omni-blade in KAI LENG! That felt so damn good.
  • The CITADEL PARTY. BEST. DLC. EVER.

Borderlands 2:

•  Finding legendaries, that orange glow sure is sexy.
  •  Killing Terramorphous for the first time (or any raid boss, for that matter)
  •  

Letting Lilith finish Handsome Jack in the ending. (Better yet, using the first gun you get and shooting him in the face!)

So many others, but I just don't have the effort to write them all!

•  

The saddest moment for me in modern gaming was Dom's death in Gears of War 3. Well, and all the events that led Dom to doing this.

Gareth Hunter likes this

My greatest moment was when i was younger and first met and defeated Ganon from LoZ: Ocarina of time. The boss battle just felt so perfect and ''oh so satisfying''. The mood was perfectly set too, with the game cultivating up until that point, throw in an epic boss and awesome soundtrack to it and you get a helluva cool boss fight :)

Lawson likes this

Mass Effect 3: Saving Miranda

Star Wars: Force Unleashed: Bringing down the Star Destroyer.

Dragon Age Origins: Managing to finally defeat the Archdemon on the third try.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion: Wandering around way too early, and finding a cave with a ghost in it. Attacking said ghost, only to flee in absolute terror when it told me my weapon had no effect. Then returning after having gotten a silver sword and figuring out it would work on the ghosts, and gleefully slaughtering everything inside of that dungeon. This was also the first game I ever palyed on my 360 when I got it.

Almost every great moment in gaming for me was in Mass Effect 2. That game was made specifically to make me feel awesome and it did a damn good job.

For me it was in Resident Evil 4, when Mike in the helicopter showed up.

The first time Resident Evil became very, actiony.... and I loved every second of it!

Martin6492 likes this

My favorite moment in video games recently would have to be the very beginning of Mass Effect 3.

You play through the whole first mission where Earth is being attacked and you never really get the feeling that everyone is in danger. Then, at the very end of the mission, you see a little boy get on a shuttle that immediately gets taken out by a reaper. That combined with the music in the background perfectly set the tone for the game.

Martin6492 likes this

One of the greatest video game moments was at the end of the bonus set of stages on portal 2. THAT was mind blowing :D Not gonna give spoilers for those that didn't play it. If you haven't done them yet, just DO IT. There are only 6-8 stages and it is super funny :D

It's so sad that i can't even remember name of that game but it was similar to unreal tournament but with single player campaign. Our hero fight vs aliens and have a girlfriend and almost at the end the general who was commander officer betray him and his girlfriend crush with her spaceship on his eyes... That was the first time when video game make me cry. 

One of my great gaming moments was a few friends and I played GTA: Vice City. We challenged each other with 5 Star survival quests. I outlived them all with almost double the time. I had almost zero health, then I dive bombed a health pack and was back in the game. It was epic. It was one of those thing when you had to be there.

Probably one of the greatest moments in gaming i have ever had, was in a rather old game, based off peter Jacksons king-kong. It was in my opinion, one of the best movie licensed games ever, but that is besides the point. The game has a very grey look, and is visually not the least bit vibrant. But not in the dull looking brown Cod sense. No, this game just felt depressing, in a good way. The moment i am talking about hit me when i was just walking from level to level. I was going through a jungle, looking around, when it hit me. I realized just why I loved that game so much, and what was so special. The game managed to feel wild, untamed, and lush, while still looking grey, drab, and industrial. Somehow the game had just hit the perfect balance, creating a totally unique experience. And while i looked around, and just took it all in, i truly began appreciating the game, and all it had to offer. While I had played many other games before that, many of whom i liked, I think that was the first time I could simply say "this is amazing". 

I would have to say my greatest gaming moment would be in halo reach. I remember I was in online multiplayer mode and on top of a really tall building when my teammate flew a helicopter (which had one gunner in it) over to me to pick me up. All of the sudden he got shot out of the driver seat and the helicopter begins falling as an enemy jet flies over the building I'm on lining up a shot on me. I jump off of the building and climb into the still falling helicopter then take off and outmanouver the jet until the heli gunner was able to take it down.  It was awesome.

train sequence in uncharted 2

Ripping of Helios his head in God of war 3

having everyone survive the suicide mission in Mass effect 2

The songs Glados sang in portal 1 and 2

and a bunch more i cant remeber

Your avatar reminded me of one. Mass Effect 3, when Shepard and company are charging down the hill to the Citadel portal. The only time I've ever cheered at a game.

The moments after that are the worst in gaming.

I think the greatest moments resides within Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time or any Zelda game for that matter. They are so created so perfectly!

Lets see, Completing Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, the final episode from Asura's Wrath, the death of John Marston from Red Dead Redemption( touched me the most),the death of Vaas from Far Cry 3, the endings from Shadow of the Colossus and Castlevania Lords of Shadow, and so much more.

Best quote also from the last good Call of Duty. "50,000 people used to live here, now it's a ghost town'

There's only one that truly stands out.

Last boss of Phantasy Star II

That's a good one, so's the final fight from God Eater Burst

Did I ever told you the definition of....Insanity? moment was just too freaking epic.