• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Alien: Isolation   15 members have voted

1. 1. What will you say to the Alien?

• Get away from her you B****!
    • Game over man, game over!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

I'm not a fan of the Alien series, or Horror in general, (though I'm a fan of the Predator movies and the Aliens vs Predator games) so this game doesn't interest me that much.

That being said, the game looks like it's going in the right direction with atmosphere. We can't really say whether the AI will really be that smart until the game comes out since things can change between now and then. But if it does work as the devs say it will, then that would be impressive, at least for me.

But again, I say all of that as someone who hasn't seen an Alien movie in its entirety, unless you count Prometheus.

The first film, the one they are trying to base this game on, didn't have much in the way of action. They are probably scared it won't hold peoples attention.

I think it's safe to assume it isn't a zombie.

Game over bitch. Get away from her you man.

This guy gets it.

I truly do hope this game does well. We all deserve a solid Alien game for a long time. Kinda sad the only games I hear that did justice to Alien was the AVP games.

The reason I think Isolation will do well is because it seems to be ignoring the key factor that ever game/movie sequel has made since the original movie; the big action sequences and horses if aliens. Instead, it's focusing on the tension, the build up, the slow reveal that made the first movie so great.

That was the key to the movie's success, not the jump out scares or swarms of aliens with troops of gun toting marines. Alien was about being trapped in a box with something that simply wants to kill you and you being forced to run, not fight. Run.

This game seems to be harkening back to that sense of terror one can only feel when you've been relegated to nothing but prey. You run or you die. Escape or die. Fight only enough to give yourself room to flee.

You're alone. You're outmatched. You're nightmares have become reality. You're isolated from help.

This is what Isolation is offering. Any game can give you a big gun an tell you to blast your way to freedom. Only rare gems take the gun away and tell you to run and hide.

The reason I think Isolation will do well is because it seems to be ignoring the key factor that ever game/movie sequel has made since the original movie. It's focusing on the tension, the build up, the slow reveal that made the first movie so great.

That was the key to the movie's success, not the jump out scares or swarms of aliens with troops of gun toting marines. Alien was about being trapped in a box with something that simply wants to kill you and you being forced to run, not fight. Run.

This game seems to begat kenning back to that sense of terror one can only feel when you've been relegated to nothing but prey. You run or you die. Escape or die. Fight only enough to give yourself room to flee.

You're alone. You're outmatched. You're nightmares have become reality. You're isolated from help.

This is why Isolation is offering. Any game can give you a big gun an tell you to blast your way to freedom. Only rare gems take the gun away and tell you to run and hide.

I won't lie, but your comment right here has made me see why this game has some stroke of chance. My personally worries were with the development company yes, but when the first trailer came out and even now It looked like a copy of survival horrors we seen. But Maybe thats what it needs. The last few Alien base games haven't had that, they haven't had the tension fans wanted.

In this case compare to the other clones of survival horror it does make sense. This isn't some really distorted human being of insanity, or some ghost with a creepy face. This is something that is terrifying, something you don't understand. Sure fans watched the movies and know what it is and does. But before you could tell when a bad guy would watch through a door. This thing would come out of the ceiling, walk along walls, it has no sense of remorse at all, it doesn't taunt, it doesn't speak to give away a spot. It is meant to solely kill you.

Now my worries for the game being a copy are  tossed aside by your comment sir, I still worry of the development team making it. But even if they can get one thing right, which is the Alien. They will have a good game.

Thank you, Tarvesh.

I have every confidence this game will be fan-fucking-tastic. I've been riding the hype train care free for yonks, stop worrying about Colonial Marines and come and join me folks!

Well it looks like they're changing up the whole thing. We want a story that we can get involved in and I believe that Alien Isolation will be the best in the series. It will have the best graphics and a terrifying theme. Horror Survival is exactly what a Aliens game should be.

Apparently there will be now be day 1 DLC locked behind preordering the game. Just when you think Sega is up to something good, they manage to restore your lack of faith.

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/07/09/alien-isolation-pre-order-content-unites-the-original-movie-cast/

On principle probably not going to get this game now until there's a full edition available at around 75% off in a Steam sale.

Sega has announced that almost the entire cast of 1979 movie Alien will reunite for new game Alien Isolation, in two special bonus missions only available if you preorder the game getting the Nostromo Edition

The first mission is called Crew Expendable and is set just after the moment when Brett is first killed by the alien. You’ll be able to play as Ripley, Dallas, or Parker, as you coordinate with Lambert and Ash to try and coax the alien out of an airlock.

The second mission is called Last Survivor and set right at the end of the film, as you play as Ripley setting the destruct sequence for the ship and then trying to get to the escape craft.

alien%20isolation%20weaver%20dlc.jpg

DLC Trailer in Spoiler.

Now that is a cool idea for DLC. Very welcome as a sort of prelude to the main game where you play as Ripley's daughter. Well done!