• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dumontrudisel

How did you discover Angry Joe?

64 posts in this topic

I found Joe on YouTube when I was searching for some game reviews that were detailed, funny and most importantly, shows you whats good and bad about the game with clips. Angry Joe was my man to go to, subscribed, joined the army and here I am. Whats your story?

I think the first review I watched was the DMC one. I don't know how I got there though, probably through YT suggestions when watching a different video

:(

i found him when i was looking for a the last airbender review cause after seeing that movie i was just looking for a review full of rage

I think through the Cinema Snob or Nostalgia Critic.

Youtube.com

One of the top 10 list, I think it was the worse games of 2012 one, it was sooo good that I am here right now commenting this thread :)

When I saw his Top 32 reasons why Fable 3 sucks. Subbed soon after seeing his related videos.

Watched him around the time he started, started to watch more often after the NC vs AVGN battle.

I found him on a randomly on a Youtube train once, then I found the Nostalgia Critic/TGWTG and then the Angry Video Game Nerd.  It seems my voyage of internet discovery was perplexingly reversed!

Heard about him when he first started but hadn't payed much attention, then some time later I saw his Far Cry 3 review and subscribed ever since.

I was baked and I thought he was pretty funny, turns out he's just as funny when sober.

Went on youtube to look for someone raging just as hard about fable 3 than I was... Well we all know the top 32 reasons fable 3 sucks... Now here i am.

Sol Omega likes this

I friend was talking to me about him. I heard about him before and was even suggested to subscribe to him by youtube. Then I came across his Sonic Free Riders review randomly by the youtube suggestions. It was THE funniest thing ever then I started watching his other stuff and Instantly subbed. Never stopped watching him since!

The sins of a solar empire entrenchment review when I was looking for gameplay footage to justify a purchase. Fell in love with his channel on the spot.

I had to go through old videos of Joe just to find this out. I've been subscribed to Joe for about 3-4 years I believe? I've seen the channel grow to what it has become from almost the beginning.

First found him by chance with his review (I think) of Mass Effect 3 didn't agree with him or fully understand his problem with the endings at the time, thought to myself "what's this guys problem? Oh look he calls himself Angry Joe, guy probably hates everything", filed him mentally away as a guy who probably hated everything  and left never intending to ever return!

.....Then BING search directed me to his rant about the Xbox one, love at first SECOND SITE PEOPLE watched a few more vids and made him my second ever YouTube sub and have been watching ever since like a wuvvy little puppy..... *teary eyes*

Watching AVGN many years ago when I kept getting "Maybe this person will interest you too" from youtube all the time.
Didn't decide to start subscribing until like a year ago though.

I subscribed to him about a week before the Xbox One reveal. I didnt really follow him much, but I did after i saw his Xbox One reveal rant parts 1 and 2. Ironically, thats how I got more in depth with the industry more. Oh and his Xbox One rants cracked me up for WEEKS

the guy with glasses website
after seeing him in crossovers
i decided to watch the DMC review and i was hooked

I was watching an AVGN review, and one of the vids on the sidebars linked me to one of Angry Joes older reviews.

When my sister first watched Angry Joe and I laughed on what she's watching and suddenly I totally found out about him around 2 years ago.

I was headbutting my keyboard after the ending of Mass Effect 3 and his review appeared to save my forehead.

Bimpy782 likes this

For the first I entered youtube :P

Then after the Guild Wars 2 review I subbed him.

Seen some of his videos before that too :P 

Back when no one dare to say anything bad about the Creative Assembly's monster game, "Empire Totalwar". Joe was the only one with the balls to do it. He got my respect back then and still do. Joe is the only reviewer beside Totalbiscuit which have good reviews on games.