• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Tormentor

Machinima's terrible review

19 posts in this topic

Check this out.

I find this very unpleasant, what a terrible way to describe the game and all its wonderful features. I know its Machinima, but to talk about SC like its some kind of con or scam...Not fair at all. :angry:

Machinima...? Who the hell cares what those asshats have to say about anything?

Ysnar likes this

Inside Gaming is terrible really just on their own, they don't even need Machinima to be terrible.

Do people actually watch these guys for reviews? That was just awful, I had to stop watching after 1 minute. All they did was make bad references and didn't make any good points about the game.

WOW, just WOW. That is the first time I have ever heard about this game and I can already tell that this review was shit. They didn't explain anything, they just said what THEY want, and complained about the state it is currently in.

I won't call that a review, it just isn't. They seemed completely unenthusiastic, uninterested and downright bored of Star Citizen. To me it seemed like they didn't actually care, whatsoever about anything. They listed some facts about the game, showed some clips, but never elaborated about any of it.

Hands down one of the worst videos I've ever seen.

machinima is machinima let them bitch about what ever just makes them look like a bunch of ignorant assholes.

Here's what I posted on Youtube:

Hey there,

Up to a certain point I even agree with you. It may be possible that our (me too) judgement is clouded by nostalgia and the desire to finally get another space sim.

But that is exactly the point. 
People don't back the game to get this or that ship. They back the game cuz the wish for a good space game has been there - and been ignored by the AAA companies. It's being backed cuz a huge figure from this genre is stepping up and fulfilling the need - putting his name in the line of fire.
Again: don't pay any money, if all you want is a ship. Wait thill the game comes out to get a ship. Pay money if you want to back the game/idea/Chris!

Don't propagate payment for product. Advertise the idea and let people decide if they want to back that idea ;)

Cheers
PO3T

articman likes this

Terrible '' Review '' of a game that is not even at Alpha ...with un-informed comments spewing random rants... What is new ? 

As Joe would say, '' You Done F**ed It Up''. It's sad to see how they review such a beautiful game based on what ''They'' like. What was it he said, ''I like to shoot some stuff in the face, this game is for old people.'' Seriously? A game that uses cryengine 3 and puts unimaginable amount of time into the detail and graphics. And they, somehow, got the nerve to say that this game is for old people?! I'd like to b*tchslap'em with a cactus.

articman likes this

I haven't and will not watched the video but from the descriptions posted here I already dislike it.

I just forced myself to watch this...

The only thing that was missing, was some flags and posters from Big developers like EA...

That was so paid to troll that it passed the stage of being funny.

And reading the comments I just saw this by Goergebenson

Let me sum up Machinima IGD for you

2 ugly men pretending to be teenagers, or in their early 20's. Fake enthusiasm, laughter and average gags, most of which seem more funny because they are too old for the material and they loos stupid/immature. 
The fake enthusiasm at the beginning every time the show starts (Bs clapping etc) tries to convince you that these guys are fresh/cool/young, but in reality they just look desperate and tired.

Yeah... this guy said everything

At no point I claimed that Machinima was the ultimate gaming source. And I agree with most of your descriptions regarding this channel. 

Machinima...? Who the hell cares what those asshats have to say about anything?

Sadly they get a lot of attention from regular ppl, who could very well become SC pilots. So I think it does matters. (Hopefully this will change in light of recent events)

I could not even stand a complete minute of that annoying video so I doubt the "review" of a game that does not even exist yet is something to care about...

I actually hade a few interesting discussions in the comments section of that video and it looks like I managed to convince at least a few people that the game won't be as bad as they make it out to, and in fact will probably be awesome.

To be honest, the only playable thing available right now is a glorified model viewer... Other than that and some footage from the dogfight module(which doesn't represent actual gameplay accurately anyway) we don't really know what the gameplay is going to be like, only promises and idea's.

For me at least, it was really hard to get an idea of what the finished game would be like. The only media available were cinematic cut-scenes, they should have made a concept gameplay trailer instead.

Well, from the description and the people woring on this game - especialy in the case of Chris Roberts - it's actually pretty easy to guestimate, what the gameplay will look like... Freelancer with Wing Commander controles and Next-Gen Graphics ^^