• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JarlBalgruuftheGreater

Top 5 Best Games of 2013

13 posts in this topic

This was odd year for gaming, we had some amazing games come out, some crap games come out, and we had the new consoles. I've seen a lot of best and worst video and I thought I should share mine. I would like to point out that I haven't a lot of newer game this year so most will be famous game. I haven't played all the games on this list (I've watched many let's plays), so if you find a problem this this, I'm sorry. ( I haven't played two games on this list). I would love it if you suggest some games to play. So, without further wait, lets begin.

5.Pokemon X and Y.

It's weird that I don't like COD and other games because they put out the same things, but I like Pokemon. Maybe it's because it doesn't come out every year, maybe it's the minor differences, or maybe it's the fact Pokemon has such a fallowing? What ever it is I find the game fun, the catching, grinding, evolving, and the Pokemon. Black and White's Pokemon were weird and not cool, but X and Y's are cool. I like all the starters and the mega evolutions are fun. I hoope they add more mega evolutions in the coming updates and games. And yes even though I'm more of a story guy and the story isn't that interesting I still had fun.

4.Europa Universalis 4.

If you weren't already a fan of the paradox games you probably haven't heard of the game. While I haven't played it, I've seen many Let's Plays and such and I'm saving my money for it. Its one of the best grand strategy games and if you like the genre pick it up.

3.Grand Theft Auto 5.

Yeah, you all know the others so lets get going. GTA 5 is a great game that maybe was a bit overhyped. I loved it in the first two or three weeks and after I havn't played it. I didn't like online but I like the single player and that didn't take away from it.

2. Bioshock Infinite: The world is just beautiful, with so many colors, unique landmarks, and a amazing design. It takes from the first two and takes awat the horror element in exchange for a scientific one, I guess. The combat wasn't as fun as before, but it still holds it's own.

1. The Last of Us.

This game made the Playstation 3 go out with a bang. Beautiful design, amazing story, awesome combat. It's just fun all around and made me want a Playstation 3.

Thanks for reading and like I said before please tell me some other games to get. :)  

1. Beyond Two Souls - This may not be the most exciting game in the world but its story was truly amazing. Props to the people at Quantic Dream.

2. The Last of Us - I don't think there has ever been a game that I have been so captivated by than The Last of Us, its story was incredible and you also felt bonds with the characters. To back this up it had awesome graphics and gameplay. All and all this was an amazing game.

3. Grand Theft Auto V - Me and my friends have had so much fun in this game, from racing tanks down the peaks of Mount Chiliad to BASE jumping off of skyscrapers. This game is super addicting.

4. Dead Rising 3 - One of the launch titles for the Xbox One, this game was just insane. The level of custimization is just over the top, and the gameplay and story is fantastic.

5. Battlefield 4 - I had to do it. I had to include the latest installment in my favorite game series of all time. This game has graphic updates from the previous game, introduced new gamemodes and guns, featured a brand new Battlelog, added Levelution, and for the first time ever, consoles can support 64 man servers.

1.Bioshock infinite

2. Rome 2 Total War

3. Rising sun

4.Wargame Airland battle

5.crysis 3

I didnt buy many games this year so imma cheat a little bit. Got a prob OP? Well, you cant catch me.  :)

1. Battlefield 3. 

My cousin came back home from school this past year and with him he brought BF3. Since EA went back on their online pass bullshit I played it and I have logged like 105 hours on it since. Why not BF4? Well, lets just say right now I dont have my unlocks, theyre gone for some reason... and I clearly dont play it as hard as I did with BF3.

2. GTAV. Expected more but, its still better than simply good. I still play it with my friends a lot and thats probably the only reason why I still do. Friends that is, I wouldnt play it if I were on my own.

3. Magic The Gathering 2013. 

Got it for free and played the shit out of it. Reminded me that I like card games and it introduced me to Magic, turned me into a hardcore player now. And compared to the 2014 version that I bought like 2 weeks ago, 2013 is much better.

4. Bioshock Infinite. 

I dont like the rest of the Bioshock franchise much but, I enjoyed Infinite as its own standing game. Will start a second run soon. 

And thats it, I dont know what else. 

Actually, if im cheating imma put up Skyrim too. Because I still play the shit out of it. Recently, I lost Serana, dont know where she went and I cant get another follower.  :(

1. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

2. Metro : Last Light

3. DmC : Devil May Cry

4. Project DIVA F

5. Tactical Intervention

Tomb raider

The last of us

Torchlight 2 (discovered a few days ago)

I'm sorry but thats all I've got alot of games disappointed me this year :(

5. The Last of Us.

4. Pokemon X/Y

3. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between the Worlds.

2. Battlefield 4.

1. Farming Simulator 2013 platinum edition. <--- most fun   (..jk Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. ) : p

1. Metro Last Light.

2. Final Fantasy 7. 

3. Final Fantasy 8.

Granted the last 2 were re-releases but I haven't liked a lot of the games released this year and out of the ones I did like those 3 are the only ones worthy of a list.

5.DMC Devil May Cry

4.Tomb Raider

3.Bioshock Infinite

2.Metro: Last Light

1.Dota 2 :D

5. Saints Row IV

4. Payday 2

3. Tomb Raider

2. GTA V

1. The Last of Us.

4. Assassins Creed 4

3. DMC Devil May Cry

2. GTA V

1. Shadow Warrior (The BEST)

1. Metro Last Light.

2. Final Fantasy 7. 

3. Final Fantasy 8.

Granted the last 2 were re-releases but I haven't liked a lot of the games released this year and out of the ones I did like those 3 are the only ones worthy of a list.

My favorite games were from previous years too.  Dark Souls and x-com.  Although, the new x-com was good in theory... it was super buggy, and even caused me to restart because of a bug.  I set down the expansion until some patches come out.  So that upset me a lot.

5.Anarchy Reigns

4.Fist Of The North Star Ken's Rage 2

3.Batman Arkham Origins

2.Injustice: Gods Among Us

1.Now this one is a tie its Metal Gear Rising, and Killer Is Dead and these are my top five games of 2013.