• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linkfan3

Best Mario Game

9 posts in this topic

Mario has been with us since video games were starting to kick off and is still around to this date, but a question that a lot of fans think to themselves, which one is the best

Super Mario Galaxy 2 remains the pinnacle of 3D platforming as far as I'm concerned and remains my favorite of both the series and the genre. That being said, I have enjoyed every Mario Platformer I have played which is all of them except for New Super Mario Bros. on the DS which I never got a chance to play.

Super Mario World is my favorite of the 2D platformers.  3D World released last year is an excellent game as well.

A simple but good question, there are so many Mario games, there's most likely more than I have had hot meals. :lol:

But with that said, some of my favorites have to be Mario 64, Galaxy 1 and 2, Sunshine, Mario Kart 64 and Wii, Luigi's Mansion, Mario 3D Land, OK that seems more than some, but I there are a lot more Mario games but these are some of the best in the series,

I bit my game boy pocket because of Super Mario Land's damn handling. I couldn't bear the damn non-stop run on tiny platforms. I beat it several times but when playing it again.. I picked it back up time to time to play it a little bit and it was easy to clear it in some minutes, but this 'issue' was really boring. I liked to pass Egypt level (2nd ?) by glitching the small passage using what I was calling "toady jump" in "mario's normal form". That's probably not very clear..

Played Super Mario Land 2, for hundreds of hours probably. It was taking quite a lot of time to beat it, and the punishing game over bringing the player back to the very beggining of the game was pleasing. It's a game that you could beat like 10 times in a row and not being bored of it.

I also liked Mario Kart that I played a lot and then moved on Mario Kart DS on the launch, in a pack with the DS. I was a beast on this one and always won online tournaments (only played a few tough). Mario Kart DS is so entertaining, but I hated how bots used items. It was so unfair and could make me lose while I only deserved the win. And btw, all bots in Mario Kart games cheat. Mini-games were goodly entertaining and fun. Passed a long time on these too, even against bots. I'd say it's my favorite.

So now.. New Super Mario Bros.. That one frustrated me quite much. I hated the squishy handling and unfair traps and overpowered mobs. I don't even remember if I did beat this one.. Wasn't a bad game, but sometimes I just wanted to burst my DS into the wall.

And the last one I've been gifted, Super Mario 3D Land. Was a better game than I tought. Everything is well tought to entertain the player. The level design is nearly perfect, the "big star golds" are intuitive and not boring to find. Not any level is the same as an other, various sets are well done ; a new one per world, with some worlds containing several sets. The 3D capacity of the console and it's "real life movements" (can't remember the name) are used well, not too much, not too low. Good balance.

I've been kinda surprised of how good this game was actually. I'm not really a fan of Mario despite playing Mario games since ever (I 'really' started with Super Mario Land, Lucky Luke and Aladdin at 4) and platform games tend to bore and annoy me a lot, but I liked this one. My favorite behind Mario Kart DS.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door all the way!

The Mario and luigi games (Super Star Saga, Partners in Time, Bowsers Inside Story and Dream Team) will alwase be my fav :D

Super mario 64, Super Mario world and the new super Mario wii bros ^^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0