• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mearu

New DOTA2 Hacks - Disconnect Enemy Team

12 posts in this topic

I was just in a DOTA2 game 1/13/2014 and an enemy player used a hack that disconnected my entire team and then his. You can tell this because he was the only person left in the match after he used it. Our team was less than 1 minute from victory when the hack was used and within 30 seconds (because none of us could reconnect.. blocked our connections to game)... we lost the game according to the replay.

This caused everyone on my team to receive a loss and a disconnect and awarded his team the victory.

Match ID: 467980398

This just completely ruins the fun of DOTA2

Ender likes this

Ive had a similar everyone dc except one person at one point. interestingly i was the one who didnt dc or survived with the red letter of about to dc but didnt actually dc thing(as i reconnected before the red countdown kicked me). it was weird since it was like 5 min into the game and after the win screen came up the doom on my team reconnected and was like did we all just dc? and yeah it pretty much was that. It was a weird game. I didnt stick around for everyone to come rc to the end screen but i think doom said he was going to or something i dont remember much beyond that.

it could just be a really bad and rare bug but yeah completely sucky if exploit :(

I am pretty sure that is not some kind of a hack but merely an issue with server. It happens occasionally, I've also been in a game where basically everyone disconnected except me and only two guys were able to reconnect. Keep calm, blame servers.

I am pretty sure that is not some kind of a hack but merely an issue with server. It happens occasionally, I've also been in a game where basically everyone disconnected except me and only two guys were able to reconnect. Keep calm, blame servers.

At least that solves the exploit probability, but still a game breaking glitch that ruins matches. Is it that easy to get this disconnect? Sounds like it's happening pretty often.

Mass DCs are not new to the game, happened to me once (8 dcs, only me and one on the other team left for a few mins of pause), it's not a hack just a nasty bug.

Hopefully they will figure out what cause it and fix, but dcs always happened on dota, that's why you have a pause button 

At least that solves the exploit probability, but still a game breaking glitch that ruins matches. Is it that easy to get this disconnect? Sounds like it's happening pretty often.

It's not that often, I have had this like only once in a half year. Valve is having some problems with their servers, but I think that his new maintenance will fix it or make it really rare. 

It's not that often, I have had this like only once in a half year. Valve is having some problems with their servers, but I think that his new maintenance will fix it or make it really rare. 

ive only had one mass dc within the half year of playing so far so add that to once in a half year part :)

I would whole heartedly believe it wasn't a hack if it did not happen sub-1minute from victory for our team and then the only one left was an enemy player and it gave them the win because none of us could reconnect. But if you watch that replay it pretty much narrows it to a hack. There is no way a 'glitch' could do everything a hack would do in perfect sequence like how this happened... I just don't buy it. Not to mention I have 500 games, got a very early beta invite, played DOTA1 for over 3,000 games (easily) and this has never happened once on any account.

I would need some very hard evidence that this was some 'off the rings of Saturn' fluke that worked specifically for the opposing teams favor. As it stands right now, I have reported it to the developers and the player who remained in the game after the hack was used.

Usually, you need hard evidence to prove someone is guilty. It was just very unfortunate timing. I can't give you any evidence that it was just a random thing, but the fact that it happened to more people is making it less believable that it was some kind of a hack.

I saw your post in Dev.Dota2 . Guys had some fun with it there :) Well from my expiriance some times the servers disconnect all the players from the same country (IP range). Were your entire team from same country? If yes then it's normal. But there are a lot of dissconnects from Valve servers all the time. If it happened only one time and to you, do you think it might be an other problem. I don't see anyone else stating they have seen that. I mean that kind of hack will have to mess with the actual Valve servers. Or some how magicly block your IPs to the Valve servers. Drophacks are usualy done in games in witch a player is the Host of the game with his IP. Then it's easy. And that kind of hack could not some how do something with your IP connection because your IP is hidden in the server. You can't see the IPs of the other players from the game Client. I mean if you could maybe you can say they DDOSed you.

Has not happened in my 500 hours from playing dota. But i think they are working on all kinds of problems right now including hackers. 

If the team making dota doesnt fix this then im going to be quite dissapointed.