• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XxDex-starrxX

Who's not upgrading anytime soon

97 posts in this topic

I will upgrade from my PS3 to a new and shiny PS4 but not until a couple of months have passed by. Right now I see no point in pushing out the price they're asking for (even if it's lower than the original PS3 [which I didn't get either]) but mostly because there won't be enough games out on release for me to keep my interest up or feel that it's worth pushing out that money needed to buy the console in the first place.

I'm never going to upgrade from my 360 to an XBone, they borked up everything I've seen about it and I lost my interest in it the first during the first live stream they had about it. A gaming console is for gamers and games, not as a media box that everyone already have in their homes.

But it mostly comes down to me being a PC player since child legs and I'm sticking to that. I'm still a gamer to heart and will get a gaming console just to play those awesomly looking console exclusive games that's going to be released.

ClawManStar and Peeps91 like this

I'll be waiting until Christmas next year. That way any initial kinks from launch will be fixed, and there will likely be a bundle with 2 good games included, rather than just a barebones system. The games library will also looks a lot better. I'd rather spend the $500 bucks now on either a new computer or games for my P3/360 I never played or are coming out soon.

Germnoble likes this

Yeah I don't really intend to buy a PS4 til a major title comes out for it like MGS5. MGS4 was basically what got me to buy a PS3. Kinda sucks that Metal Gear Online shut down...

But I guess technically I'm upgrading in the sense that I'll probably buy a Wii U fairly soon. But I never had a Wii, so it's not technically an upgrade.

I see it as this always with the initial release of a product there are going to be bugs and errors this would probably be a trial period or test period for the companies to see how their creations work. But with everything else they too make mistakes and when they do they make a newer model to fix it or fix the current models. but with this however I will do the smart thing and wait at least until next christmas to get it on account of the 400 for ps4 or 500 for xbox one. Does anyone else but me think that price is a really expensive price on xbox one?

I'll be waiting until Christmas next year. That way any initial kinks from launch will be fixed, and there will likely be a bundle with 2 good games included, rather than just a barebones system. The games library will also looks a lot better. I'd rather spend the $500 bucks now on either a new computer or games for my P3/360 I never played or are coming out soon.

I am planning to do the same thing. I also did it for the current console generation.

I am planning to do the same thing. I also did it for the current console generation.

As did I. I got my Xbox 360 around Christmas 2006, with  Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. My life was gone for the next month.

rangerofthewest likes this

As did I. I got my Xbox 360 around Christmas 2006, with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. My life was gone for the next month.

I too have fell into the life pit of Elder Scrolls. The last console I bought at launch was the PS2. But 18 months after I bought it, it died. Not many PS2's bought at launch lived 24 months. Something Sony tried to hide.

I too have fell into the life pit of Elder Scrolls. The last console I bought at launch was the PS2. But 18 months after I bought it, it died. Not many PS2's bought at launch lived 24 months. Something Sony tried to hide.

Yeah my original PS@, from launch, which I had gotten used for my birthday from my Mom, actually just died earlier this year. I got a slim model, but ended up buying a fat one on craigslist, since the slim models have issues with dual layered discs. The new slim one wouldn't play my ps2 copy of the first half life, for instance, but the fat one does fine.

Though I do use the slim as well, because once in a while, me and a friend will hop onto Battlefront 2 online still, haven't done it since summer though. Need to go do that again.

I just don't want to get the first batch. I remember i was in NY around when they launched the 360, Virgin had just got another shipment, i really wanted one, but they were only selling $600+ bundles with a bunch of awful games, so i decided not to buy.

If i had bought it, for sure it would have 3RL, and no warranty since i would have purchased it in another country. 

for me why not wait a year they will have bigger HDs, most game coming out will be on a ps3/360 anyways and plus they'll have any bugs issues fixed plus there are not any good game coming out anytime soon for me GAMES: infamous SS, crew, division, most other games coming out ill get on the ps3 GAMES: watch dogs, amazing spiderman 2, mad max, need for speed rivals :)

I will wait at least 1.5 years before i update from my xbox360 to ps4...

Awesome, not everyone is getting on to the gaming titanic... sure it looks flash, but i betcha there's going to be some serious problems at launch

Im gonna try to get both the Xbox One and the PS4 by working in the christmas vacation... 

I'll get them...eventually.  Like a lot of people have mentioned.  Quite a few of the games will be coming out on the 360/PS3 as well, so there doesnt have to be much of a rush.  Plus waiting a good year or few months would give me a good idea of whether or not to see if the Xbone would be a good option or not.  I'd rather not buy a possibly failing console at launch, ya know?  Plus I'm close to buying a new gaming computer so that should help ease the time by. 

I'm thinking of picking up a PS3 once PS4 hits the shelves as its price will probably drop a bit. Other than that.. I'll most likely wait a year or two until the prices are more to my liking.

I'll wait until the first price drop or maybe until around March/May. I just don't see much reason as to why I have to buy a new console. I'm not that big on graphics so I won't be buying it for that. When the big games solely move to the PS4 i'll get that.

Dont' know if i'll wait as long as to 2016, but i imagine i'll stick with my PS3 for quite some time in the future.

I'm in on a ps4, but probably not until sometime next year. Wasn't too impressed with the line up seeing as the top 3 games on it are all FPS and two of them I would rather play on PC.

I'm really bummed out about it all, I really like Killer Instinct, with the way characters are on rotation, being a f2p game, but that is the only game so far that's made be look again, couldn't care less about anything else, and if Titan Fall is coming to PC too, I might as well build a PC, for a couple of quid more! 

Yeah true I'll get me a summer job at to afford both consoles cause I just got an S4 and I thought that the ps4 will release in my country next year like japan but it will be released on December and my parents think that gaming is a waste of money should have never ever got me a new phone without checking the ps4 release date *facepalm* but I can play this year's games on my ps3 luckily

Considering I'm only interested in the PS4 and -that- thing is coming out with the absurd price of R$ 4000,00 (Although I've seen ads of places selling it at 2300), I'm totally not getting it at launch. Launches tend to be problematic anyway, so I'll wait for it to get some killer app I really want to get.

Being a broke college student, I don't plan on upgrading for a few years, at least until they start to drop in price.