• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Black_Oak

PewDiePie Dark Souls Discussion

41 posts in this topic

Let me reiterate my previous post: The majority of his fanbase is childish, mostly because at least 70% or more are between 8 and 15.

And you know this because...how?  You found some statistics somewhere?

a lot of serious players are upset because PewDiePie sucks at the game (even though he has managed to get quite far at this point), and they are worried that his fanbase are all going to play and effectively dilute the game because they view PewDiePie fans as mindless children.  

There's your problem right there.

Do I really need to go and explain why

Talking about the "serious players" you mentioned.

I hate PewDiePie, however, I don't care what he plays, if he wants to play friggin' Darksouls let him play Darksouls.

Who cares. Anyone who wants to stop someone from playing a game because he's childish and doesn't want to "dilute" the quality of the game is acting like a child. Luckily most people on this site are more mature, I hope. 

Black_Oak likes this

If Pewdie wants to play the game, let him play it the way he wants. Why would anyone get disappointed. In my opinion, that's just so immature and childish. What do you gain for saying that he shouldn't play that game or that he sucks at it? Nothing. What does Pewdiepie gain from playing the game like a total dumbass? Money and subs. The haters that he gets he probably laughs at.

Now I don't even watch his videos and like them, but seriously, people need to have their limits. What's the point of that video? The only thing I learned from it is that the guy who made it doesn't know crap about editing except inserting text and images.

His video was just pure hate and nonsense and I wonder how does he even find time to make such crap.

Who cares. Anyone who wants to stop someone from playing a game because he's childish and doesn't want to "dilute" the quality of the game is acting like a child. Luckily most people on this site are more mature, I hope. 

Most are, but I would still like to ask everyone that wishes to go on with this thread that they keep this discussion mature and civil. We don't want a war breaking out between any pewdie fans here and haters (if any).

I will keep a close eye on this thread and if anything gets out of control just a bit, it's getting closed.

Black_Oak likes this

If Pewdie wants to play the game, let him play it the way he wants. Why would anyone get disappointed. In my opinion, that's just so immature and childish. What do you gain for saying that he shouldn't play that game or that he sucks at it? Nothing. What does Pewdiepie gain from playing the game like a total dumbass? Money and subs. The haters that he gets he probably laughs at.

Now I don't even watch his videos and like them, but seriously, people need to have their limits. What's the point of that video? The only thing I learned from it is that the guy who made it doesn't know crap about editing except inserting text and images.

His video was just pure hate and nonsense and I wonder how does he even find time to make such crap.

Well,you answered you own questions right there.

What's the point of the video? To get money

How DOES he find time to make it? Money,subs and views.

If I was getting even a fraction of the money he was getting from those videos,I would do the same,along with most people.

Well,you answered you own questions right there.

What's the point of the video? To get money

How DOES he find time to make it? Money,subs and views.

If I was getting even a fraction of the money he was getting from those videos,I would do the same,along with most people.

I doubt that guy earns money mainly because he doesn't seem partnered, but even if he does, that doesn't justify his video, it's still just too dumb. 

I doubt that guy earns money mainly because he doesn't seem partnered, but even if he does, that doesn't justify his video, it's still just too dumb. 

People watch him, he makes money, you don't need to be partnered to make money on youtube. He's good at what he does (whatever that is, i can't stand him so i don't really know) and give people what they want, what's the big deal with that?

People watch him, he makes money, you don't need to be partnered to make money on youtube. He's good at what he does (whatever that is, i can't stand him so i don't really know) and give people what they want, what's the big deal with that?

You can earn money, if your video doesn't have any Content ID and whatever he earns is a little sum, but it's not about the money...my point is what does he gain by trying to make fun of Pewdie? I mean, whatever, it seems he thinks he does gain something but still it's just immature. It's like making fun of a kid in school, you don't get gain anything but satisfaction for acting like an ass. Same thing for this video...it's just dumb hate and he wants people to know how he hates Pewdie...but whatever, that's not my problem. It's my opinion anyways :P

And if he likes to earn his YT money by making fun of the biggest Youtuber, earn views just because he has "PEWDIEPIE" in his video name, it's obvious he wants to just lure people in and get whatever cash he can and doesn't seem he cares if most of his subs and people hate him...it's the worst kind of Youtuber, but whatever, like I said not my problem and it's his channel.

It's just important that a war doesn't break out HERE on this thread in AJSA. Everyone is free to put up their own opinions like I did as well and everyone else here as long as it doesn't offend someone directly.

I was talking about PewDiePie himself there.

Not sure about that guy

Apex Spartan likes this

He's actually started a Dark Souls 2 playthrough, and joined a covenant that makes the game harder, and solos everything... which is more than you can say about the vast majority of Dark Souls players.  So, it goes to show that he can't be all that bad.  What is also interesting is how this thread was silent for about 3 months, and has started up again, haha.

I was talking about PewDiePie himself there.

Not sure about that guy

ah sorry, I thought you were talking about that guy who made the video.  :rolleyes:

Just made an account to necro this thread. Yes, this post was so fucked up, it forced me to create an account in a site I just found on google a few minutes ago.

Just get this: If you use a walkthrough for Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, you are shit. Just go play a game that holds your hand and puts arrows and shit pointing out where you should go. Hell, just go play games without any exploration, just going from loading screen to loading screen, doing whatever the game tells you to do, telling you what the enemy's weakness are, or even highlighting them for you. No wonder you think he's bad, he played Dark Souls the way its supposed to be played, not like some pussy who had to use a walkthrough just to beat a damn game. 

I wonder if everyone who thinks he's bad actually played the game blind...

I dont want to sound like a jerk, but this post made no sense to me. Games are made for entertainment purposes, there is no set 'way' to play a game as long as it does what it is supposed to do: entertain you. So if you have fun playing a video game by using a walkthrough more than by not using one then it makes more sense to use the walkthrough rather than struggle through a game. For most gamers using a walkthrough takes the fun out of playing so they simply dont use them, but that is no reason to call the gamers who do use them names.

Besides, it's none of your damn business how others prefer to play their games. If they want to turn their screen upside down, put a bucket with holes in it over their head and move the mouse with their toes then let them! As long as that is how they want to do it then i have no problem with it.

Apex Spartan likes this

I am just wondering how many of you, who posted or just viewed this thread, rushed to YouTube to see how PDP screws up Dark Souls 2 :P Or how many of you clicked on the links provided. PDP got page hits. The other guy got page hits. We all had an intensive discussion. They got the money from views. Nothing has changed :)

My opinion is the "serious" DS community is worse than the moba community. At least the moba people has a reason to be mad about other people sucking. DS's difficulty is way overrated anyway. 

My opinion is the "serious" DS community is worse than the moba community. At least the moba people has a reason to be mad about other people sucking. DS's difficulty is way overrated anyway. 

Case-in-point:

Just made an account to necro this thread. Yes, this post was so fucked up, it forced me to create an account in a site I just found on google a few minutes ago.

Just get this: If you use a walkthrough for Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, you are shit. Just go play a game that holds your hand and puts arrows and shit pointing out where you should go. Hell, just go play games without any exploration, just going from loading screen to loading screen, doing whatever the game tells you to do, telling you what the enemy's weakness are, or even highlighting them for you. No wonder you think he's bad, he played Dark Souls the way its supposed to be played, not like some pussy who had to use a walkthrough just to beat a damn game. 

I wonder if everyone who thinks he's bad actually played the game blind...

2and900 likes this