• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Traviltar

It is a sad day in the history of gaming.

44 posts in this topic

Nothing has really happened, tho.

Not yet  :(

Hm, what if instead of Nintendo falling down hard like the Virtual Boy sucking hard, they decide to go multiplatform?

Well at least they acknowledged they have a serious problem instead of playing ostrich.

That anouncement is not as bad, as I feared. They could've anounced a new console, which would have been devastating for their credability. For me that sounds rather like we can hope for a Nintenphone ;)

ugh most games are smart phones and tablets are stupid rip offs anyways. I hate how everything now days is like omg we need to mix mash everything because everyone has some smart phone or tablet so we gotta put everything on there too. It's too complicated and dumb.

If by sad day you mean a day that was obviously going to happen and one that makes me happy, then yes sad day.

Gone, Gone_Holo and R-A-B like this

lol, I thought this post was going to say that nintendo shut down or something, but this isn't really too bad, if they change their strategies right now, they can get back in the race....I think

On another note, if nintendo wanted people to buy their console, they should have had games that people would want enough in order to buy a wii u

On another note, if nintendo wanted people to buy their console, they should have had games that people would want enough in order to buy a wii u

I felt like they rushed the launch to get a head start on the other 2 consoles and ended up like the PS3 with nogaems at launch, if they had waited just 1 more year the would have had a much more varied library that would have made people more interested in buying their console.

Mellow likes this

So.... Should we all commit seppuku or something now?

IrishRogue likes this

Unless Nintendo man up and go third party like Sega, they won't live long. This guy right here sums things up perfectly. Good insight too from this video.

Monster Hunter 4 to the US and then Nintendo will live once more lol

If by sad day you mean a day that was obviously going to happen and one that makes me happy, then yes sad day.

I like this...

"It's a sad day .... HOORAY"

Wait Iwata is still not stepping down are you kidding me I mean I know he did some amazing stuff for Nintendo but its time for new blood new talent new ips and launch titles that make us want to buy their consoles.

Sigma081 likes this

Monster Hunter 4 to the US and then Nintendo will live once more lol

That mentality needs to go. If Nintendo is to thrive again, then it can't rely on just one game. It needs to have more releases.

Gamers are not turning to mobile devices... Gamers just aren't buying Nintendo hardware! This is ridiculous and sad indeed if Mario pops up in my Android Google store I'll be very sad, I mean, they could at least put it in the computers if they were going to go the SEGA route!

It's just Nintendo admitting that they fucked up with the Wii U (which most of us already knew a year ago) so why the hell are you including "Bankruptcy" in the tags?  Nintendo are still in good financial shape and will recover, it not like Sega and Atari who where already in trouble when they launched their failed Dreamcast and Jaguar systems while they where already struggling.

So calm down people! It's not the end for Nintendo.

johnythehero and Mexiguy like this

If things continue this way tho nintendo will be in trouble they are bleeding profit and they need new games not more marios and donkey kong titles the days of mario and donkey kong are dead time for some new freaking games! 

Mario and Donkey Kong will never die. This bad phase for Nintendo is because their hardware is from 6 years ago and they've over-relied on a gimmick. I'd play their newest games if I didn't have to purchase a white paper weight and  a lot of other people would as well.

Mexiguy likes this

Well the fact they kept focusing on insane hardware gimmiks rather than just making a good "normal" system with third-party capability was always bound to keep hurting them.  The article isn't as bad as I thought but they are acknowledging the fact that what they keep doing isn't working.  As of now they need to think up of a way to build revenue as they wait for the right time to make a fancy Gamecube.  lol