• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

What area in Dark Souls is the most frustrating to go through?

26 posts in this topic

So now I'm playing Dark Souls again, and there's this 1 area in the game that just pisses me off so much. It's called the Great Hollow right before the Ash Lake.

34397Darksouls%20(8).jpgBasically it's an area with lots of tree branches, with tricky places for getting items. Problem is it's so freaking easy to slip off and get stuck in an area where you shouldn't be able to get stuck, the bottom most section is filled with giant mushroom men that can kill you in one hit if you're not careful. URGH, I died the most in this area compared to the other sections where I can just plough through them with maximum 5 deaths. In this area I died 15 times because everything is so slippery. And it's even more frustrating to die right after I gathered 25,673 souls, only to die again when I'm on my way to get the souls again!

So what area in Dark Souls is your least favorite to go through?

I was going to say Tomb of Giants but the Hollow definitely takes the cake, especially before getting the lordvessel.

As for the two archers in Anor Londo, there is an easy way to get rid of them, poison arrows. The archers only shoot so far as well and if you stay at the far end of the building before the run up to where they are, their arrows can't hit you and you can hit them with poison arrows without worry and it only takes like two poison arrows to make them poison then you just have to wait for them to die from the poison.

Kaz32 likes this

I spit on the Tomb of Giants. I lost 90k souls there, it was heart breaking. Agreed on The Great Hollow, though. That place was undoubtedly nerve wracking to traverse. Especially with curse clouds and giant beefy FUCK YOU mushrooms. However, besting The Great Hollow was so worth it. Entering Ash Lake after that nightmare was such an awe inspiring reward. The scenery, the atmosphere, and dat soundtrack. Mmmph.

Kaz32 likes this

I spit on the Tomb of Giants. I lost 90k souls there, it was heart breaking. Agreed on The Great Hollow, though. That place was undoubtedly nerve wracking to traverse. Especially with curse clouds and giant beefy FUCK YOU mushrooms. However, besting The Great Hollow was so worth it. Entering Ash Lake after that nightmare was such an awe inspiring reward. The scenery, the atmosphere, and dat soundtrack. Mmmph.

90K? That's nothing. XD Nah I'm kidding at low levels that is quite a lot, but wait until you have a million or more and then loose them all.
Kaz32 likes this

90K? That's nothing. XD Nah I'm kidding at low levels that is quite a lot, but wait until you have a million or more and then loose them all.

With everything that I have been working on lately, I might not get to that point before DaSII is released. Looking forward to losing everything all day erry day till I am git gud.

Also glorious elite knight armor making a return gets me excited to lose millions of souls in a NG+6 in the sequel.

Kaz32 likes this

You got a million??? Holy freaking hell! You're badass!

The Depths (Prepatch) Before the nerf on Curse going down there sucked since the bar back in the day will fill up in a heartbeat

New Londo Ruins (with a big weapon lol) Swinging a big ass weapon around some of those tight corners blows. Going down the 1st time without cursing your weapon was another thing that destroyed me lol

Honestly I had hell my first time playing Dark Souls. I wasn't building my character properly, or really upgrading my weapons/armor much. I played that character for around forty-five hours without ever getting past Sen's Fortress and then made a new character, built him properly, and haven't had much trouble from anything since then... Except for the two Silver Archers at Anor Londo. The first time doing that was so frustrating. Its easy now, but it wasn't then. Haha... Man, I was pretty awful at Dark Souls back then. I can go on forever without taking a single hit in the game now-a-days. The only bane to my existence is myself.... Why? ... ... I back step off of cliffs on accident. A lot. Especially when invading. Haha

But yeah, the Archers at Anor Londo and Sen's Fortress were the places I had the most trouble the first time. The Great Hollow wasn't really all that bad, it was just kind of freaky due to the slippery branches.

Also... A million souls isn't all that hard to get. :)

Orpo likes this

Sen's Fortress is hard just because there is a lot of falling down to be done.

Sen's Fortress is hard just because there is a lot of falling down to be done.

I think it's hard for the mobs, except for the trolls they're the first challenging ones if you follow the storyline. For a first time player that's the point where you realize if your build sucks.

I take back what I said, recently did Tomb of the Giants in the dark, no light source to lead the way and it was a pain so my vote goes to Tomb of Giants. I also despise those weird dog skeletons.

I take back what I said, recently did Tomb of the Giants in the dark, no light source to lead the way and it was a pain so my vote goes to Tomb of Giants. I also despise those weird dog skeletons.

Ugh... those skeletons... I always thought they were the skeletons to the large rolling cats in the forest. Or something similar anyway. Regardless, don't remind me of the ones in the tomb... Damn I hate those things. They killed me so many times with their spam attack when I was first going through there. Haha

Ugh... those skeletons... I always thought they were the skeletons to the large rolling cats in the forest. Or something similar anyway. Regardless, don't remind me of the ones in the tomb... Damn I hate those things. They killed me so many times with their spam attack when I was first going through there. Haha

I beat that thing in 3 hits with my beefed up silver knight straight sword. Once you have a strong weapon, most of the enemies are easy to beat.

There's this one area that I am so frustrated with that I went temporarily insane. It's the place after fighting Ceaseless Discharge. It took 20 tries to beat that thing, and after that the path down is open. I fought the damn goat head enemy that killed me 5 times, and then I saw a straight line with 6 of those guys. I ran away from there saying "fuck this shit!" Good thing I got a better weapon after Anor Londo and I own their asses with 3 hits.

Manus, Father of the Abyss in general. Seriously, screw that guy!

More frustrating than anywhere for me was Blight Town, the few bridges that swayed when you were walking on them, too many thin walkways to fall to your death, too much toxic, and the framerate would drop too much. I really hated Blight Town moe than anything in the game, but I loved everything else about the game.

I didn't have as much of a problem in blight-town as I heard I was going to. Maybe it was just because I was prepared for it. Also I didn't have the framerate problems everyone else I know had. Which helps a lot. 

I didn't have as much of a problem in blight-town as I heard I was going to. Maybe it was just because I was prepared for it. Also I didn't have the framerate problems everyone else I know had. Which helps a lot. 

The framerate problems depend on your hardware of choice. The problem is there in the 360 and PS3 versions (both vanilla and Prepare to Die), so maybe your PC is powerful enough.

The framerate problems depend on your hardware of choice. The problem is there in the 360 and PS3 versions (both vanilla and Prepare to Die), so maybe your PC is powerful enough.

Blight Town is Animation hvy even on my Powerful PC admitly i only lose about 10 Frames but they have Updated that area a LOT to reduce lag it use to be so bad the game would Freeze Regardless of Rig 

I would have to say blight town cause of all the sudden frame drops and lag but other than that im fine with the rest of the game

Once you're prepared to be poisoned a shitload of times Blight Town is a piece of cake. Only time i died there was for a troll that tossed me in the abyss.

I beat that thing in 3 hits with my beefed up silver knight straight sword. Once you have a strong weapon, most of the enemies are easy to beat.

There's this one area that I am so frustrated with that I went temporarily insane. It's the place after fighting Ceaseless Discharge. It took 20 tries to beat that thing, and after that the path down is open. I fought the damn goat head enemy that killed me 5 times, and then I saw a straight line with 6 of those guys. I ran away from there saying "fuck this shit!" Good thing I got a better weapon after Anor Londo and I own their asses with 3 hits.

I regularly one shot them now-a-days. They were annoying on my first play through, but like I've said before, nothing is really trouble anymore. Not even most other players! Haha

I didn't really have a problem with most of the game. Though Biighttown definitely bedeviled me the most, most because of the poison/toxin and the horrible frame drops that plague the game there.

I forget the name of the area but as soon as you leave the asylum and if you go right into the graveyard and then into the catacombs (I think) I kept thinking it was the right way and trying to push my way through the skeletons and dying like crazy lol