• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Wolf Spider

How many 360's did you go through?

How many 360's did you go through?   137 members have voted

1. 1. How many 360's did you go through?

• None
    • just 1
    • more than 3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

As this generation is coming to a close, I have to ask how many Xbox 360's did everyone end up going through? For me, I'm on my 5th one.

I first bought mine back in 2007 (Mass Effect and Halo 3) and after one month, the disc drive broke. I had a Best Buy warranty with it, so I took it back and got a fresh one off the shelf. Number 2 had A/V problems, and wouldn't display video unless I rebooted 5 or 6 times. So I took it back for number 3. This one had RROD right out of the box, so I took it back the same day (geek squad was actually in disbelief  and tested it themselves since it was my 3rd one) and so I got number 4. This one lasted a good year and a half, and then I got Error E74. In the middle of playing a game, green Matrix-like lines came down my screen. Rebooted and got the error. Best Buy wouldn't honor number 5 because I was literally just a few days after my warranty expired, so I had to ship it off to Microsoft and number 5 has been working ever since (knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc).

So I'm curious if anyone else went through that garbage like I did. I've never had a console break on me before, let alone 4 times in such a small time frame. I know MS has learned their lesson more or less, and they did all they could to repair damages, but I'll always be reluctant to buy another MS console. 

I went through 2, however, my 1st one (got it in 2009)  was never broken or anything, I just wanted the new slim model and I gave my older model to my cousin. And both models are still, to this day, working perfectly... I never had a RROD in the 4 years that I had an xbox 360 in my living room...  :)

I never had a 360 but I know people who went through 4 to 5 360's. Out everyone that I know, not one single person still has their original 360.

My first Xbox I got on the release day, however after a couple of years it sort of just...stopped working. Afterwards I purchased a Xbox360 Elite which I still have today.

TheApexWolfpack likes this

The first one I bought red ringed in about two years. Got another one, ended up trading it into Gamestop because they were giving a lot of credit towards upgrading to an elite. Had that for a few years, had it stolen, then bought another one. The latest one had a problem with the power supply but has has no issues in over a year since I replaced that.

So I've only had to actually replace one system and one power supply (about $30) since January of 2006. Didn't have any problems with the one traded in or the one stolen.

Of course that is still one more system and one more power supply than I've had to replace than for anything else I have (a SNES, N64, Wii, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, PS, PS2, PS3, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, Xbox).

Only 1, and I bought it from someone else that sold it for $200. It's the old model 16Gb only capacity. Good thing it red ringed because I don't have to waste $30 monthly fee for xbox live gold, I got a lot of achievement points that I can still fill up with my Games for Windows Live games, at least until it's discontinued later, and I got to buy the PS3 afterwards, buying amazing games like Last of Us, Ni no Kuni, Uncharted and Yakuza 3-4 all without needing to pay for monthly membership fees. The PS4 needs it for online play unfortunately but I won't buy a PS4 until Kingdom Hearts 3 is released.

I am still luckily on number 1, bought in 2007 and still going strong(ish) Disc drive sticks every now and again and had to replace hard drive, controllers and numerous headsets, but console is still number one.

I got my first one in late 2006, or early 2007, that RROD'ed after about a year/year and half. The warranty still covered it though, so i got a replacement that lasted until the Slim version came out, I think it actually died a few weeks after the Slim was announced, like it was programmed to commit Hara Kiri when the new version was released.

But I'm still using the Slim, works fine and i haven't had any issues since. So I only had to replace 2, but i was going to upgrade to a Slim anyway, the old 360 dying just gave me a good excuse.

Then I thought "**** 360." One of the best decisions I've ever made.

I have a sad story what happend and why i never got to play Xbox live... I messed up 2 of my Microsoft live accouts and there goes my live.... oly got to play windows live but that ended soon too.... Basicly my ID no longer works for some reasos and all the games I buyed went to waste.

I haven't used it much in the last 2 years but prior to that it was under heavy use for 4 years and it still works

I'm still on my first but I arrived on the 360 scene a bit late.

My first one broke 2 times. Luckily I still had warranty so it got repaired for free. By the third time, the garanty was expired and I had to buy a new one. The new one never broke, but... I didn't gamed as much on it like I did with the previous one. Because by that time I just got my PS3 and kinda like switched over. Every new game I got was for PS3 and not X360. (reason was the free online gaming)

Just one. Got a white 360 in like 2007 and a year later it got a section on the ring to go red. Not the actual RROD. Sent it to MS and got it fixed in like 2 weeks at no charge. Then I upgraded over to the Slim and its been serving me well since 2010. Too bad for the people that went through multiple 360, no matter how small a number they are.

I ended up going through 4 360s from RROD & 1 Xbox 360 overheated & burned up right out of the box brand new. I had my systems very well ventilated but that still did not help. 

I've only needed one 360. Though it's weird and I don't know if this happened to other people but that one has got the rrod like literally around 30 times. All I need to do is unplug and re-plug everything, like all the wires and hard drive, and I works fine. 

Still have my original white 360, but I've had it repaired 5 times (for free) and it will go to RRoD if I don't unplug the hdmi cable when I turn on the console and plug it in after 10 seconds. Truly the most dysfunctional console I have ever purchased...

Wolf Spider likes this

Just the one for me. It had lasted me for a good long while, but then my game (I think it was Dead Rising) suddenly froze. I tried to reboot and got the feared red ring of death. It was actually kind of funny since I had only just HEARD about the RRoD a couple of days before it happened. Unfortunately I was way over any warranty I had. Luckily, I managed to get a new one on sale somewhere, helped by the cash I got from selling a few games. The new one (still the original white one) has lasted me years now. Probably because I don't leave it on all the time like I used to. I'm always waiting for the RRoD.

only bought one but have had a few ppl in my old clan who went thorough 10-20 360, talk about a stable product.

Man oh man... i got the fourth one standing... still going.. but if this one breaks im done. Then there an PS4 with Destiny pending....

Three. In retrospect I don't know why I did it.

I only have one 360 and it's the gears of wars 3 edition. It looks pretty kick ass with the red, and black on it. I get tired of seeing consoles all in ether black, or white. I want more colors then that.

maybe one with the super man logo on it.

ScampyGordon likes this