• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Wolf Spider

How many 360's did you go through?

How many 360's did you go through?   137 members have voted

1. 1. How many 360's did you go through?

• None
    • just 1
    • more than 3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

92 posts in this topic

I've got one PS3 that I've had since 2010, my  1st Xbox died in 2012, and I've had my Slim since.

Only 1, I heard about the whole red ring of death problem, disc drive issues, A/V problems etc... So I didn't buy a 360 until 2011.

I went through two for me. my first one conveniently red ringed a month after my store return warranty stopped, so I did get it repaired but after awhile I bought the black version. One thing I didn't understand is when I got my console and cords returned to me, they sent my cords first and three weeks later. To this day I still don't get it. Why not just send all of it at once!? I wonder how many Xbox ones I will go through when I am forced to buy one?:P

Technically I've gone through three, but as the first still works to this day and I just no longer use it, I'm not counting that. I got it when I was around 14, had it for three years, then my mother got it into her head that games were satanic, took it, and never let me see it again. When I turned 18, I then felt entitled to buy my own 360. I had that one for maybe 6 months, then I left a stick of deodrant on top of it while I was running errands. Came back, whole room smelled amazing, but Xbox was totaled. Deodrant had melted and gotten all over the insides. So, I mean, if you're into a really expensive way to freshen a room...

Third one, which I still use to this day, is in itself used. Has a few hitches now and then (It doesn't like older disks, have to eject and re-insert them a few times before it'll recognize them) but it works well overall.

Still better than an XBONE Family Entertainment System. 

I've gotten my first Xbox a year ago. And I still have it, just waiting for it to break so I can buy an Xbox one.

Got a launch 360 that me and my best friend (both 15 years old at the time) split the cost of, since neither of us could afford it by ourselves. We would take the system in two week intervals. I fell out of playing it after bout 6 months, just got really into some books and other things like roleplaying, so my friend gave me an extra $100 to buy it out from me and own it completely. The deal I made back then, since we each paid $200, was that if I got another 360 later, I got to pick one of the games he had to take and keep.

Got my second system in 2008, 60GB 360 pro IIRC. Took Oblivion from my friend as the game he owed me. That system died in November 2010. Got the new Slim 360 at the end of the year for Christmas, a bunch of family members just gifted cash to me to help pay for it.

That system's disk drive died in 2012, which wasn't a huge dealbreaker for me, as over half my library was digital. But I sold that one off Craigslist, because someone didn't care about the disk drive being messed up. I then bought the special 320GB Halo 4 System, because my Mom who worked at best buy, noticed that there was a computer error before the system came out where if she punched in her discount on the system pre order it only cost her $200, so we did that before they fixed it so they had to give it to me for that price, and I'm still going off that 360 today. Thought I did buy a 5th system, just a 250 GB Slim still unopened in the box for if my Halo one dies.

My first box redringed about 3 year after I bought it. I just bought a new one before they announced they will repair all red rings regardless of being out of warranty. Oh well, it didn't matter to me that much. Still, sad because when it died it scratched the heck out of my Fallout 3 disk. Luckily it still worked on install, but I re-bought it on PC on steam sale anyways.

Bought the original 360 Elite version (the black version with 250 Gb storage)

and then i bought a Xbox 360 slim 500 GB edition (the blue version with a different design) because the old xbox was getting a bit...old.

I went through two. The first one got a red ring and had no warranty. The second one I got had its video card burnt out when I accidentally turned on night vision in a day-lit desert environment on Chromehounds (how I miss that game). That one had a warranty, so I turned it in to Microsoft for repair. The damage was irreversible, so they sent me a "new" refurbished one. I've been with that one since 2007. It still runs exceptionally well; I just need to dust it out every once in a while and replace the rubber band that helps operate the disc tray when it wears down. That thing as been through so much.

2, I bought my first in 2006, one of my very first games for it was Far Cry: Instincts Predator, it gave good service, apart from one RROD issue which meant I had to send it away to be fixed, it lasted until about 2011 or 2012, but finally gave up and wouldn't start, I replaced it with an Xbox 360 Slim, which I still have, but haven't currently got set up because I'm playing on my Xbox One.

Never bought a 360 because I prefer Playstation. However many of my friends went through 2 or more. I do have one friend that has her original 360 she bought in 2007 and has NEVER had any issues with it and it stills works today. I asked how she kept it alive, her answer was "Regular dusting and keep it vertical." Also her house is always freezing. She runs her AC year around.

I actually have had 4 Xbox 360's. The longest one that I ever had was my first one and it lasted a little over a year.

trooper.jpg

Just two. I used to have a 360 Arcade back in  2009, but I traded it in when the 360 S came out in 2010 and got one of those.

My brother and I went through about 5 of them before they stopped crapping out.

Currently on #3. The first one Red Ringed a little after a year of ownership. Microsoft sent me a replacement that lasted a good while until dust build up started causing it to overheat. Since my warranty was finito, I had to turn to unofficial means to get it serviced. That bought about another 4 to 6 months of use before it started overheating again.
I finally got a new 360 last year and it works great.