• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Themurloc

Firefall Unofficial Army (now with application tutorial)

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know that if anyone is playing firefall and does not have an active army, I've started an AJSA army in firefall for the purposes of identifying other people from the angry army until the game gets approved for an official presence when it is in a later stage of beta. I don't plan on actually leading an active army, so if someone would like to, i'd be more than happy to swap leadership. The main reason I'm posting this however is just to get the word out for anyone interested in joining. I've made sure every rank has invitation rights but at the moment it's just me and 1 other player, if you'd like to join you can send me a tell (Themurloc) if i'm online, otherwise, you can ask Tails for an invite if he is on.

If we reach the army size cap, I'll use my alternate account to make an "AJSA-b" (The current guild is AJSA-a since i created it when the limit on army size was a mere 20 players, and expected more people to join) and if that hits the cap, then AJSA-c and so on.

Edit:

For those who don't want to scroll down, here's the application tutorial.

Listen up, aspiring Firefall recruits! Today I'm going to teach you all how to join the AJSA in Firefall. The UI for the system is old and can be confusing (and sometimes laggy) so pay attention!

There are a few ways to bring up the Army window. First being a key binding which you can assign to any key, another being the Army terminals found in Copacabana, but I will be walking you through the simplest method.

First, hit the `(~) key. This will bring up a menu that looks something like this:

step1_zpsa762d5c1.jpg

Next, you will want to use the mouse wheel to scroll down to the Social menu, which will appear as it does below (if your mouse doesn't have a mouse wheel...well get one that does, but until then the arrow keys will do the trick.):

step2_zpsae0433c7.jpg

After you click on the button to bring up the social menu, you will be brought to another scroll menu like before. From here, you want to scroll down to the Army button, and click it. It will appear as so:

step3_zps09e96125.jpg

Clicking this will bring up the Army menu. The default page should look like it does below. You will want to click on the search field, which I circled in the picture, and type in "Angry Army". If your Army window does not look like this, click on the Shield icon in the top left corner of the Army Menu:

step4_zps94fbbfbe.jpg

The Guild you are looking for, right now, is Angry Army Division Alpha. The current guild size limit is 100 players, and we haven't reached that yet, but if we do, I will create a second division, which will be called Angry Army Division Bravo. If the army continues to grow, there will be a Division Charlie, Delta, Echo, etc. All you have to do at this window is click on Angry Army Division Alpha:

step5_zps787651f1.jpg

Clicking on that will bring you to a window which will look awfully similar to what is pictured below. There should be a button somewhere on this page to apply for access to the Army. It is not pictured here, because, obviously I'm already part of the army:

step6_zpsa1d940d9.jpg

After you apply for admission, you will have to wait for an officer, or myself, to accept your application. If there are any online, this will usually happen quickly, but sometimes there may not be an officer online. This happens. We will usually get to your application pretty quickly though.

Edit: To any future applicants, After you click on the apply button you will have the option to include a message with your application. It will help expedite the process if you include either your name on the forums, your name on the teamspeak server, or even both. We will still be able to check ourselves if you don't include this information, but It will help us get you in the army faster.

SpartacusX40 likes this

sorry for the late response, im assuming your screen name in game would be spartacusx?

ill send you an invite next time i'm online

I'm fairly new to the game, but have been looking for an army to join! So, I'd like to join the Angry Army! I've already applied for it in-game.

Heyo.

Well, I went ahead and bought the starter pack... I got no patience lol...

Ingame name is DeadeyeDK, and added both of you on friendslist.

Every member has invitation privileges, so to anyone looking to join: If you see someone in the army online, they will be able to invite you.

edit:

The game is now officially launched, and is free on steam as well as from their main site seperate from steam. (though I think they should have waited since it's still very buggy)

For anyone looking to join the unofficial army, any member can currently invite you, but the two most active members are myself and DeadeyeDK. You can ask either of us for an invite

So I had a flash of boredom so I messed around with the new you to try and make an Angry Joe character, and used it to make this little recruitment banner for the Firefall Army.

post-18707-0-19095700-1407012650_thumb.j

kaialb and Deadeye_DK like this

Listen up, aspiring Firefall recruits! Today I'm going to teach you all how to join the AJSA in Firefall. The UI for the system is old and can be confusing (and sometimes laggy) so pay attention!

There are a few ways to bring up the Army window. First being a key binding which you can assign to any key, another being the Army terminals found in Copacabana, but I will be walking you through the simplest method.

First, hit the `(~) key. This will bring up a menu that looks something like this:

step1_zpsa762d5c1.jpg

Next, you will want to use the mouse wheel to scroll down to the Social menu, which will appear as it does below (if your mouse doesn't have a mouse wheel...well get one that does, but until then the arrow keys will do the trick.):

step2_zpsae0433c7.jpg

After you click on the button to bring up the social menu, you will be brought to another scroll menu like before. From here, you want to scroll down to the Army button, and click it. It will appear as so:

step3_zps09e96125.jpg

Clicking this will bring up the Army menu. The default page should look like it does below. You will want to click on the search field, which I circled in the picture, and type in "Angry Army". If your Army window does not look like this, click on the Shield icon in the top left corner of the Army Menu:

step4_zps94fbbfbe.jpg

The Guild you are looking for, right now, is Angry Army Division Alpha. The current guild size limit is 100 players, and we haven't reached that yet, but if we do, I will create a second division, which will be called Angry Army Division Bravo. If the army continues to grow, there will be a Division Charlie, Delta, Echo, etc. All you have to do at this window is click on Angry Army Division Alpha:

step5_zps787651f1.jpg

Clicking on that will bring you to a window which will look awfully similar to what is pictured below. There should be a button somewhere on this page to apply for access to the Army. It is not pictured here, because, obviously I'm already part of the army:

step6_zpsa1d940d9.jpg

After you apply for admission, you will have to wait for an officer, or myself, to accept your application. If there are any online, this will usually happen quickly, but sometimes there may not be an officer online. This happens. We will usually get to your application pretty quickly though.

Please let us know here, in a reply, if you send us a application ingame.

These are the names to contact on Teamspeak or ingame, If you would like your application to be accepted.

Themurloc

Deadeye_DK

Mondez

Artose

Warpsmithhonsou

Cratos

Drogoran

Hey everyone, I just wanted to get on and write up a short little guide. Today's topic is "Displaying your AJSA colors in game".

Now the in-game tutorial should already walk you through how to change your warpaint so I'll spare you that guide. Instead this will be more about what to look for, and what to do if you can not afford to simply buy the best warpaint to show off your AJSA colors.

Now we don't necessarily enforce any kind of dress code whatsoever, this is entirely up to you if you want to display AJSA colors or some other warpaint of your choosing.

Anyways, let's get started, shall we?

The first and most obvious option is the Blood Falcons warpaint, as shown below:

post-18707-0-66835900-1408074952_thumb.j

This warpaint is visible right from the start, but unavailable at what appears to be only upon spending about 20 red beans. There is, however, an alternate method of acquiring this warpaint. If you enter the marketplace menu (default "T"), and search for the Blood Falcons warpaint. It typically goes for around 1.2k credits, which is roughly 30,000 crystite required to convert. 

No matter how you get it though, this is probably the most expensive warpaint to display AJSA colors, although if you can afford it, it is also the best match.

There is a somewhat cheaper alternative, however. Below is the Rampaging Raiders warpaint:

post-18707-0-94086400-1408076121_thumb.j

This warpaint will only set you back around 600 credits. Costing about half as much as blood falcons. It has roughly the same color scheme, but with a slightly brighter shade of red. The drawbacks, however, are that 1. It is not entirely black and red, having some white highlights in it, and 2. It does not feature the deep orange lights found on the Blood Falcons warpaint.

So while blood falcons may be the better option, aesthetically, Rampaging Raiders is a much cheaper alternative with only slight differences.

If you happen to have played during the launch of Open Beta, you may have this warpaint in your list, labeled as "Open Beta":

post-18707-0-28865700-1408076774_thumb.j

Now, this obviously isn't your best option, since red is the dominant color on this paint, instead of black, and there are some strange yellow highlights, but If you can not afford either the blood falcons or rampaging raiders warpaint, and happen to have this in your selection, It will do just fine.

There are also a few other promotional offers, which provided warpaints with black and red color schemes, such as the AMD warpaint, and the Locust (founder's pack) warpaint, but those are rare enough that if you happen to have it, you certainly don't need to be reading this guide xD.

So there you go! With either of these 3 warpaints unlocked, you are now ready to wear the AJSA colors with pride!

I might have to pick this game back up. I did buy in to the commander founder's pack. >.< Keep an eye open for my application soonish.

Themurloc likes this

For anyone looking to join the game, or people who tried it and were turned off by the low level experience, Red5 has just released a major patch which fixed a lot of problems, among them being a major change to the event density and job variety in low level zones.

Here's a preview of the changes

Patch Highlights

• Greatly increased the amount of dynamic event spawns in Sertao, Broken Peninsula and Coral Forest.
  • HKM updates:
    • HKMs now charge slightly faster.
    • HKMs last longer before their charge bar will start decreasing and charge will decay at a reduced rate.
      • This will allow players more time between combat phases while minimizing the amount of charge lost.
  • Added a report spam feature. To access this feature, enter mouse mode, click on a user’s name, scroll to report then select “Report Spam”. This feature will also automatically add the reported player to your ignore list.
  • Increased both XP and Crystite rewards for all ARES Jobs.
  • Hardcore Blackwater Anomaly will once again drop boss loot from the Necronus.

for the full patch notes, check it out here:

http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/patch-notes-for-v1-0-1795.4953821/

Deadeye_DK likes this

What's up everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update on the game and army.

So there haven't been any huge patches for the game since the last one I posted about, but there has been a huge addition recently to the end game content.

Basically, so far the end game has been mostly all about the war effort in devil's tusk, which was a big community effort where we all had to donate resources to power melding repulsors, and reveal the zone of Devil's Tusk, unlocking more jobs, vendors, and missions along the way. Just yesterday, the war effort has been completed in Devil's Tusk.

Like each other phase of the war effort, completing the final phase unlocked a new town hub, with jobs and new vouchers to purchase even more equipment to help get started in raid content. This time it provides primary weapons, which people have been waiting to get their hands on for a long time, and even some unique battleframe cores which are unavailable through any other means, such as the strider core, which increases both run speed AND jet energy.

The biggest new addition introduced in the latest pushback, however, is a new raid instance, which Is what I wanted to mention the most. "So theres now 3 raids instead of 2, big deal", right? that would be where you're wrong. This new raid handles everything differently than the other two. Instead of being just one fight, the new raid covers almost the entire map of Devil's Tusk in instanced form. It is basically, what the developers wanted the Devil's Tusk war effort to be like, but were unable to do since they had to make it a leveling zone instead this means the instance is much longer than the other two, which can be completed in a couple minutes with a well put together group.

That's not all, though. With the extra length comes more encounters in the raid itself. Each town you have to capture is a seperate encounter. It doesn't take you to all towns, like the original plan for the war effort would have, but they still left in plenty of the towns you visit throughout your everyday travels in Devil's Tusk, so there are plenty of opportunities to get yourself some sweet loot, and that provides a nice segue to the best thing about the new raid.

Loot for this new raid is handled in a COMPLETELY different way. People have been begging for player instanced loot for a long time, and now it's here. Each encounter, instead of providing loot to roll on, will instead provide mission rewards of varying quality to each player individually.

So this all sounds pretty sweet, right? There's one more thing though. I have been told that this new raid has no lockout. You can do it whenever you want, however many times you want. If you don't want to get burnt out on it, you can only do it once a day or once every few days. If you just want to constantly run it to maximize your chances of getting loot, you can do that as well.

With this information, I encourage anyone who has given up on the game's endgame to give this new raid a go, and maybe re-evaluate your decision.

Now about the Army. I am going to be starting classes tomorrow and will be unavailable most times of the week. Currently, DanteKyon is our most active officer, and a new addition to the list of officers posted by Mondez above. If any of the others are online, they can help you get into the army, but your best bet will most likely be through Dante.

Mondez likes this

I'm up for this!

IGN: Glaice

Teamspeak: Glaice (tho I don't use this often)

hey guys, just stopping in to post a quick update on a recent patch for firefall. This is the first actual content update for the game since launch and includes some new weapons, dynamic events, and a hard mode version of one of the melding titan raid bosses.

Full patch info can be found here

http://www.firefallthegame.com/firefall-update-11-elemental-destruction-notes

Mondez likes this

Applied!

I'm going to be applying as soon as I hop back on.

ArisingFlame on TS, FireFall, and here. :P

Does anyone still play this? If so, please contact me.