• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Blitzkrieg MAN

Total War: Medieval 3

28 posts in this topic

The next Total War game is probably Medieval 3. We all hope that they learned their lesson with Empire and Rome 2. Medieval is my personal favorite Total War and I hope they don't mess it up. What new idea do you think they will have or you would like to see in the next Total War game? OR Just want you want the next total war to be like?2wdagyg.jpg  

-Kaiser Wilhelm 

I just want the next Total War to have the AI they talked about in interviews for Rome 2.

It sounded like decent AI to go up against.

Rome 2 AI .... wasn't.

Blitzkrieg MAN likes this

I liked Medieval 2 not as much as i love Shogun total war 1 and 2

But the whole reason i bought Medieval 2 was because of this gondorinf1we4.jpg

if they sought out the ai in Rome 2 maybe some modders will do a Conversion for that but im just waiting for Medieval  3 SO I CAN GET A NEW LORD OF THE RINGS TOTAL WAR xD

Blitzkrieg MAN likes this

I'm not hyped, yet I'll try it when its released. I liked Medieval 2 and if they learned from their mistakes, i'll buy it. Shogun 2 wasn't bad, so they could do it.

I am hoping for a Viking Total War.

Or a viking expansions for Medieval 3. :) Would be awesome to I think. (Assuming that Medieval 3 itself will be good ofc.)

I think next step for CA total war series should bridge into modernised warfare, starting from just before world war 1 and then moving into world war 2.

The Total War series is suitable for wars/time periods which involves huge areas of the earth AND large set-piece battles. The Viking Age only covered Northern Europe and most battles weren't large, and any War past WWI didn't have set-piece battles.

World War One could be done I suppose. Seems plausible, but most battles would probably play out with 'big pushes' and static trench warfare. That said, 

No matter what game they are going to launch, I will really enjoy their marketing strategy and learn from it. You have to admire that those guys are doing an excellent job.

Medieval war, been there and done that. TIme to move on.

Unless they make some sort of insane Civ/Empire earth style game with total war mechanics.

I still want a the Warhammer game they have in the pipeline. Only now I am paranoid it will awful.

Lord Kesharq likes this

No matter what they come up with they'll have a hell of a lot less pre orders this time round! And the hype won't mean jack shit until I see it after release. 

Doshka17 likes this

Medieval 2 was my favourite from all of the Total Wars, but CA's recent games make me afraid. I will definitely not buy this game within the first 6 months of its release, no matter how good the reviews make the game out to be, because they also can't be trusted as we saw with Rome 2. 

I'm pretty sure the next total war is Total War Arena.

They need to make a Civil: Total War

Medieval 3 would be amazing, loved medieval 2 and if they were to realease a third one I would buy that shit!

As for a new feature added into the game, I would just like to have  the whole earth :P

The Total War series is suitable for wars/time periods which involves huge areas of the earth AND large set-piece battles. The Viking Age only covered Northern Europe and most battles weren't large, and any War past WWI didn't have set-piece battles.

Actually, the Viking Age raids and battles ranged from Scandinavia, to Italy, present day Russia and North America (Canada), and of course England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Spain and Portugal. They also traveled further east, but there were not a lot of recorded battles there.

Depending on your definition on "huge", there's for example, The Battle of Clontarf in Ireland where over 6,000 Vikings fought over 7,000 Irishmen. If that's not large enough, there's also the Siege of Paris where tens of thousands of Vikings attacked Paris in longships via the Seine.

Sure, most of the battles fought were not the largest in history, but there's still plenty of opportunities for a good game.

I agree with the post above the Empire engine is shit, you can't simply mod, unlike engine like medieval 2.

Guys, do you realise that people acting like you are the problem that destroyed TW series ^^?

CA employees read such forums, and then you are giving a signal that goes something like that

"This game sucks, but we bought it. You didnt repiar it, despite you promised, but we will buy another one next year"

They wont think about patching R2 or supporting previous games, because people will get hyped over next game, and CA rulers will be like "lol those stupid nerds will buy anything". So no, i dont want new TW, i want them to repair the ones that are here. actually i dont think i need TW at all, since i started playing Paradox strategies. at least they can make their AI work.

Oh, and Berserker, the early Rus chronicles actually says about warangian raids on Constantinople

Oh, and Berserker, the early Rus chronicles actually says about warangian raids on Constantinople

Like i keep saying, the Vikings got around. The Viking Age does indeed have lots of battles to chose from, It'd be a nice setting for a video game in any respect.

Oh, and It's "Varangian" with a V.

With a new engine, I would consider it...

Look here, yes Empire was a complete fail, but it was a huge jump for the series, a new engine and a completly different take on warfare. Despite it's many flaws, you have to give it some credit. It is when we got to Rome 2 that the fuck up was unforgiveable, a downright insult towards the fanbase and lack of respect, no care and love was put into that project and 9 major patches for a still broken pieice of shit is pathetic.

This series is broken as hell, it needs to change everything. The engine, the approch to game development, the amount of time put into each project and until I can see some heart put into the series again. I will not be buying another TW game.

Medieval war, been there and done that. TIme to move on.

Unless they make some sort of insane Civ/Empire earth style game with total war mechanics.

I still want a the Warhammer game they have in the pipeline. Only now I am paranoid it will awful.

They plan on doing a warhammer game??? :o :O

They should buck up and do a 20th century Total War, it would be glorious!

The Warhammer Fantasy game is honestly far more exciting than Medieval 3.

I liked Medieval 2 not as much as i love Shogun total war 1 and 2

But the whole reason i bought Medieval 2 was because of this gondorinf1we4.jpg

if they sought out the ai in Rome 2 maybe some modders will do a Conversion for that but im just waiting for Medieval  3 SO I CAN GET A NEW LORD OF THE RINGS TOTAL WAR xD

so much this, god damn love that mod, still play it now