• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

LePheenix

The best support

9 posts in this topic

Which class holds the most support and which build is good for it? 

Guardians

Medium difficulty, High Durability

Guardians are an armored hybrid class, able to fight with both sword and magic. Based on the classic paladin archetype, guardians specialize using boons to bolstering themselves and allies while still being effective in direct combat.

Fitting with the theme of buffs and boons, guardians have a special mechanic know as Virtues. Virtues provide a guardian with three always-on buffs to strengthen them. These buffs can be temporarily sacrificed to empower nearby allies, turning a personal source of power into potent support tools.

+Survivability - Guardians actually have very low health pools and lackluster healing skills, but more than compensate for it in other ways. The Virtue of Resolve provides constant health regeneration when active, Virtue of Courage allows guardians to block attacks periodically, and a number of weapon and utility skills provide added regeneration, protection and healing. They also wear heavy armor to mitigate whatever damage does manage to get through.

+Strong Boons - One of the best support classes in the game, guardians stack boons on themselves and allies with ease. Beside the quantity of boons they can throw out, guardians have ready access to nearly every boon in the game, allowing them to buff allies however it's needed.

+Damage Prevention and Healing - Possibly their strongest feature, guardians have a number of skills that remove conditions, restore health or straight-up deflect enemy attacks. A well timed skill like Shield of Absorption can save your entire party from certain doom.

-Poor Ranged Combat - Guardians are respectable fighters while in melee range, but in ranged combat they're lackluster. They only have one true ranged combat weapon, and while it deals good damage it's awkward when trying to hit a moving target.

-Long Cooldowns - To offset the potential impact of all their powerful blocks and heals, many Guardian skills have very long recharge times – so if you mistime your skills, you may not get a second chance.

Engineer

Hard to play, Medium Durability

Engineers are one of the most unique classes in GW2, and in MMOs in general for that matter. Although only able to equip a handful of conventional weapons, engineers have access to a number of specialty weapon kits like flamethrowers and grenades, giving them a deceptive number of combat options. Engineers also have a large number of tricks and gizmos to help them, though learning to master these tools can be difficult.

An engineer's unique mechanic is their tool belt. Essentially, instead of equipping a single healing or utility skill in each slot, engineers equip a pair of skills – one is the “normal” version equipped to the slot and another corresponding skill is equipped to your tool belt. For instance you can equip 'Elixir B' to your normal slot, and 'Throw Elixir B' will be added to your tool belt. These tool belt skills are often weaker compared to normal utility and healing skills, but the added versatility they offer are a powerful tool in the hands of a engineer.

+Weapon Kits - Engineers have a pitiful 3 combinations of conventional weapons, but it's hard to notice that when you're switching between a flamethrower, twin pistols and elixer guns on whim. Equipped as utility or healing skills, weapon kits replace your current weapon once activated, turning one utility skill into 5 separate attacks. You can swap between weapon kits freely and there's no cooldown like there is with other class' weapon swapping, ensuring always have access to the right tool for the job.

+Conditions and Boons - Engineers have access to a crazy number of boons and support abilities. They are also one of the most effective classes at stacking conditions on a target.

+Huge Number of Skills Available - Between weapon kits and tool belt skills, engineers have access to a impressive number of tools and toys at any given time.

-Complicated - The above point can actually be a huge downside to newer players, as it takes time to learn what your myriad of skills can do. For instance, if you have an elixer gun equipped you can pull it out and lay down a healing field, but in the chaos of combat it can be easy to forget about it – or if you do remember you have it, remembering what buttons to hit to get it.

-Melee is Awkward - While they do have a few short-ranged tools, engineers aren't really built for close combat, so dealing with closing enemies can be difficult – especially for newer players.

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ojgdr/what_class_should_i_play_a_summary_of_each/

For Guardians:

"1.  The Staff - this is the Guardian's #1 support option.  Any support-oriented Guardian without a staff is not a true support player.  The staff offers healing, swiftness buffs, might buffs, crowd control, and condition removal, all in one weapon.  I'm not going to say the Staff is mandatory for a support Guardian, but if you want to maximize your support potential, this is a weapon you should not be without.

2.  Two Handed Hammer - the Hammer offers symbol-based retaliation buffs, as well as crowd control.  It is also good for AOE-based melee damage.

3.  The Mace - this weapon offers symbol-based healing, as well as the ability to shield players.

4.  The Shield - this off-hand weapon offers the ability to grant protection to allies, as well as some crowd control and projectile protection.

5.  The Focus - this off-hand weapon isn't as group oriented as the Shield, but it offers the chance to blind up to four enemies, and gives the user some protection in the form of it's shield."

From: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/72582-ultra-guardian-support-guide-pve-wvwvw/

**Imo, Greatsword is also good for soloing mobs due to its multidirectional attacks with blind, burn conditions... but limited support options, except for the 4th skill (Symbol of Wrath --> retaliation to allies) and 5th skill that drags enemies to you (Blinding Blade --> Pull)

Here's a good rundown of the Guardian abilities (scroll to halfway and start reading there): http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/professions/guardian

Other Guardian builds: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/professions/guardian-guides

-------------------------------------------

Some extra stuff about thief: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/professions/thief

Thief builds: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/professions/thief-guides

-------------------------------------------

Even moar guides: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/wiki/guides

Guardians what he said.

And also Engineers what he said.

Elementalists.

Traits

10,0,30,30,0 or what ever as long as the 4th is 30.

Armor

And what you should have on your armor is healing power and and boon duration.

then you can take whatever so you can handle dmg from enemies.

Weapon

For support it's absolutly staff but staff also works for other builds on ele.

Now if you have 10 in power on traits you can choose the trait to get more uses for conjured weapones which you also can give away.

But the Ice bow is really something you should go for.

Skills

I don't know really execpt conjured weapones. there are plenty of good things for support so it's just to experiment a bit what fits you :P

I just use the elementlist for support wise using mostly just water attunement then just switch to attunements around depending where I am.

I just use the elementlist for support wise using mostly just water attunement then just switch to attunements around depending where I am.

By the spirits... Is your avatar and sig Norn by any chance?

I mean. Wow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye. The main ones have already been said, so I don't really have much to add...

Happy gaming though :D

By the spirits... Is your avatar and sig Norn by any chance?

I mean. Wow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye. The main ones have already been said, so I don't really have much to add...

Happy gaming though :D

Ok you lost me, which sis & avatar do you mean? @.@ *confuse face*

Ok you lost me, which sis & avatar do you mean? @.@ *confuse face*

Wait never mind I had to think. My diplay, my psn and big pic on the bottom is from a game called Dragon's Crown lol. The xbox gamertag is a Lightning's outfit with a halo hat. The steam tag is just a pic of me.

Lets Face it any Class can Support it come down to how well that Player using it can Support Example i use to use a Thief so i could Shadow Cloak u and call in backup (my Traits would also boost ur Dmg output)

I do not Recommend elementlist as they can be the hardest class to master and get a decent Build for! (like the thief they need some Gear padding before they fill everything) 

Ranger 

Hard Difficultly, High Durability

this class is both confusing and troubling able to weild greatswords and Bows this class can confuse u on what it dos!!

+Survivability probably the only class without gear that can hold out like the Guardians can however this usly comes down to ur pet in play!!

+Balanced this bad boy can fight either at close range or Long range with no trouble and with the added pet can double its output in either

+Pet this thing can do just about anything u can have Toxic pets to bleeding pets and along with the one skill u can flip to atk its also got its own list of skills

- Lack of Active ability you basically only have Traps however u got a lot of passive ones and support ones 

- Relies a LOT on its Pet this can also be a boon tho as its very easy to keep alive it can take all Dmg away from u and can use its own list of abiltys

There are Three build that come to mind with this class and these are off the top my Head

Classic Signet build (Hybrid Support)

Condition dmg build (DPS)

Trap build (DPS)