• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Vitaly Opposite

A new medieval RPG needs Angry Army support

26 posts in this topic

Got their work cut out for themselves with Mount and Blade 2 coming out

Unfortunately I dont think he has already found out about this game. I'm just trying to advertise a good stuff )

Great game and all, I hope they will make it through.

Singleplayer only, but I will play only because of setting, also great combat.

Vitaly Opposite likes this

This looks awesome. It sounds a bit like M&B Warband, but with much more content, mostly on the way the game can be played. (Thief, Warrior, Bard, etc)
Next time I have some money to burn, I'll probably back it up. Those guys made Mafia I & II so I'm already buying it.

Hay this looks really cool. Make sure to also mention this in the Kickstarter forum section alright?

I dont think that M&B will be sort of rival production, because the main idea is different. KC:D is going to be (at least it looks like) full realism medieval RPG with action in central and eastern europe, based on historic events, and MB will clearly be placed in imaginary land (Calradia) and will stay at their Multiplayer superiority, so the main rival for M&B2 will be more likely "War of the Vikings". 

Raxyn likes this

looks good I love the idea. I'm not a big RPG fan though but I'd give that a go and just for the combat. If they get it right it'll be amazing. 

There should be a video about this game!!!! THIS SHOULD BE AN ANGRYJOESHOW ARMY MISSION!!!! this game looks awesome!!!

I also think Angry Joe should make a video about this game, maybe an interview like he did with Johan Andersson. A lot of potential backers still don't know about it. 

Vitaly Opposite and WarandWin like this

I hope a moderator or someone of higher rank can talk to Joe about this game, the campaign will only last 14 more days, so I hope Joe finds out about this game on time, also we can send him a message on twitter with the link of the campaign, maybe if he sees that some members are sending him the link of the campaign, he will check it out and realize how good this game can be.

I think they would be willing to talk to a Joe but since he is, you know, on the other side of the atlantic, it might be a bit too expensive to do in person...

The game has made it well passed its initial requirement, I don't think an Angry Army mission is necessary. Definitely can not wait for this game and Wastelands 2.

It's true that the game has passed the main goal, but they still havent found a good publisher & they were going to hire more staff in developers team (I'm not even talking about the costs for extra features that will make the game better: motion capture, etc.). So every penny now will be very helpful for developers in such a BIG project.

They will not get any publishers. Right now, publisher has nothing to offer to them.

As Dan said, "I wonder what role do they think a publisher has in modern world if they are not willing to bear a part of the risk." Publishers turned them down so they turned to kickstarter. And their investor is a billionaire, he can take the bill whole. He just wanted to know he is not throwing money away and people actually want that kind of a game (he knows nothing about games). So every coin that is pledged is added to the 30m pounds he pledged if the goal will be met. The game will be made and published. And tbh - you really need a publisher only to give you money to finish the game and to finance the marketing using his channels. If they don't invest in you, you can go around them and split money among fewer parties.

It happens all the time. More and more actually. Digital distribution is huge and with publishers being scared to fund the projects you have to find a different source of money anyway. That is why 2015 will be a bomb for a crowdfunded projects. Publishers were concerned about the next gen consoles (are they powerfull enough, etc) and were scared to invest in games for them so they put a red light on all projects. Well you can't make a big AAA game (apart from repainted clones - COD..) in a year and a half and have it ready for the market. So only interesting things that will come out will be Kingdom come: Deliverance, Star Citizen (also without publisher) and a Warhammer 40k online. While last two are PC games.

Publisher is basically a mediator and an investor. They do a lot more ofc but the baseline is - If they don't invest, their other services just aren't worth the money cut from the revenue. It's not like only publisher can publish a game. You don't need some license to do the stuff like with the financial markets etc. They offer some services and if you can do it inhouse than you have no reason to go with them.

Wow. I gotta say, the game looks pretty good from the little bit of the trailer I decided to watch. I'm glad that they met their kickstarter goal.

I am not impressed and I find it utterly silly that they had to add a 600, 000 money limit regarding whatever or not they were to add a playable female character. I'll stick with my "realistic medieval combat" to Mount & Blade, or just buy a long sword and practice myself.

ADD

Every weapon has its own uses, pros, and cons. The sword is universal, but weak against plate armor; hammers are ideal against plate armor, but weak against sword; the longsword is strong, but slow, and cannot be used from horseback, etc.

And here their "realistic combat" breaks apart because this is once again, a developer without any clue how these weapons actually worked, how heavy they were, their uses or anything. I'm sick of seeing that in games so much  <_<

Hey smartass, so maybe go and form your own dev studio? Besides whats wrong in the sentence you quoted? if you swing sword against plate armour, itll not do any serious damage, unless you stab your opponent. hammer will cause some serious damage, but guy with hammer wont stand long against trained swordsman in one on one, because of longer range and less weight, parrying may be tricky, but if you have mittens its possible. longsword (not bastard) is heavier than sword and longer. it may not be very heavy, but swinging it with one hand wont do for long, because its not made for it. 

I am not impressed and I find it utterly silly that they had to add a 600, 000 money limit regarding whatever or not they were to add a playable female character. I'll stick with my "realistic medieval combat" to Mount & Blade, or just buy a long sword and practice myself.

And here their "realistic combat" breaks apart because this is once again, a developer without any clue how these weapons actually worked, how heavy they were, their uses or anything. I'm sick of seeing that in games so much  <_<

Well, they had a story designed for a specific character. Female character means an entire new quest line etc. It is a lot of extra work so if there is not a real demand for it - it's just not worth the trouble.

For realistic mediaval combat - mount and blade is just way off. These guys are working with a swordmasters and historical fencers - and I don't mean "scenical fencing" but people trying to reconstruct the real fighting techniques. They probably know how were the weapons really used better than you. If you want to know what is it about I reccomend really getting your own sword - than you can appretiate the accuracy of their system.

Hey smartass, so maybe go and form your own dev studio? Besides whats wrong in the sentence you quoted? if you swing sword against plate armour, itll not do any serious damage, unless you stab your opponent. hammer will cause some serious damage, but guy with hammer wont stand long against trained swordsman in one on one, because of longer range and less weight, parrying may be tricky, but if you have mittens its possible. longsword (not bastard) is heavier than sword and longer. it may not be very heavy, but swinging it with one hand wont do for long, because its not made for it. 

I won't even bother with retorting this, I will only say;

Buy them, and try them out for yourself.

Well, they had a story designed for a specific character. Female character means an entire new quest line etc. It is a lot of extra work so if there is not a real demand for it - it's just not worth the trouble.

For realistic mediaval combat - mount and blade is just way off. These guys are working with a swordmasters and historical fencers - and I don't mean "scenical fencing" but people trying to reconstruct the real fighting techniques. They probably know how were the weapons really used better than you. If you want to know what is it about I reccomend really getting your own sword - than you can appretiate the accuracy of their system.

Bullshit straight up and forward.

I have my sword and I have studied, a lot of medieval weapons.

Perhaps you should get your own, and then you'll see the same issue I see with developers having no clue how they work.