• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Drewsif41

Destiny what do you guys think?

21 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot on Destiny from E3 and other sources. It appears to be Bungies next Halo, though it has its own feel you can definitely see some inspiration. It looks to be a very interesting game, not sure about the story yet. I am definitely interested to find out though. It seems like a fun game regardless if you play with friends or alone, but it looks like it will be better if you interact with friends and community. The RPG elements look very extensive with the ability to level up you and your equipment. I will be buying it, but what do you guys think?

I love it, it reminds me so much of a mass effect and borderlands combining what made both great. The massive amount of gun variety and a interesting and engaging story. 

When someone asked why there's no PC port they said that they revolutionized FPS and that the best way to play it is with a controller because of them, thanks to their grand halo legacy. They almost said PC's were for spreadsheets(remember this classic?)I wouldn't play this game if I was given a free copy.

Gone and LaserBunny like this

Gotta agree with Auron.

Even if they port it to PC, I won't be playing it.

Why? I don't really hold it against Bungie that they're ever trying to stay console loyalists, despite the shifting trend of FPS games to PC. Maybe it's my soft spot for Halo, but IMO some shooters do actually benefit from console dynamics. Perhaps it was just a shitty port, but Halo didn't feel like Halo when they ported it to PC.

Gotta agree with Auron.

Even if they port it to PC, I won't be playing it.

A FPS that is better with a controller is not worth playing at all.

Gone likes this

Why? I don't really hold it against Bungie that they're ever trying to stay console loyalists, despite the shifting trend of FPS games to PC. Maybe it's my soft spot for Halo, but IMO some shooters do actually benefit from console dynamics. Perhaps it was just a shitty port, but Halo didn't feel like Halo when they ported it to PC.

They are more than welcome to stay true to the consoles but i'm not handing them any of my money for a port they said we wouldn't get just because they want to cash in.

Gone too likes this

The Halo ports were trash and had bad sensitivity, it always looked like you were handicapped when playing it the right way(with a mouse!), Bungie didn't revolutionize shit either. The first successful console FPS was Rare's and it was also terrible when compared to contemporary Computer options*.  

Whenever I see a multiplayer stream of cod or halo championship on console it looks sad, it's a bunch of guys trying to aim with their bodies... Multiplayer FPS was actually in a rut because of these guys and activision. There was some movement with TF2 but it ultimately became a pug game, at least the new Counterstrike shook things up a little.

*I played Goldeneye the other day... Goddamn it didn't age well, Quake II is better in every single way imaginable, except there's no James Bond.

Drewsif41 likes this

Destiny is gonna be off the chain if u ask me. But maybe it's because i love the Halo universe kinda setting. :D

Drewsif41 likes this

Destiny is one reason why i moved to next gen consoles , do not listen too people who don't like it.

Drewsif41 likes this

I honestly can't wait for Destiny to come out. But I don't think I'll be playing Online on the first days of it, Knowing how games function at the start usually ends up me throwing my controller or keyboard into the monitor or Tv. 

Frozen_arow and Drewsif41 like this

Have you guys heard of a pc port? me neither. Thus, the game might as well not exist

Gone too likes this

But I don't think I'll be playing Online on the first days of it,

You won't have a choice ... it's "technically" an MMO.

Destiny is one reason why i moved to next gen consoles , do not listen too people who don't like it.

Bungie's the epitome of "PC gaming is dead" , do not listen to people who like their games.

See what I did there?

Bungie's the epitome of "PC gaming is dead" , do not listen to people who like their games.

See what I did there?

So one stupid employee reflects the opinion of a entire company, right. If you have read other interviews, you would know that Bungie actually did want to port Destiny to PC but it wasn't possible for the date that they created. Take into account that they have to make this for the 360, Xbox one, PS4, and PS3. that is a lot of work, even though I wish Destiny was on PC for the original release date. The point is Destiny is looking up to be a great game and if people like you want to use the excuse "it's not on PC thus it is bad ", go ahead.

So one stupid employee reflects the opinion of a entire company, right. If you have read other interviews, you would know that Bungie actually did want to port Destiny to PC but it wasn't possible for the date that they created. Take into account that they have to make this for the 360, Xbox one, PS4, and PS3. that is a lot of work, even though I wish Destiny was on PC for the original release date. The point is Destiny is looking up to be a great game and if people like you want to use the excuse "it's not on PC thus it is bad ", go ahead.

It's not a "it's not on PC thus it's bad" situation .... some of us just don't think it looks all that great.

I don't feel like i'm missing out on anything by not having it released on PC.

I love it, it reminds me so much of a mass effect and borderlands combining what made both great. The massive amount of gun variety and a interesting and engaging story. 

Haven't seen much of the story info (because I hate spoilers) but the Mass Effect + Borderlands type gameplay and Bungie's reputation is exactly why i'm exited for this game.

I personally think Bungie is taking a bit to much inspiration from Halo, but if it was the exact opposite of Halo I wouldn't pick it up because I don't give a crap about the Xbox One or Playstation 4. Seriously people, like it or not PC is getting bigger everyday, so it just seems stupid not to port it, it's not like you can't use a controller on PC, so the controller argument is completely invalid.