• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SgtRoss

FINAL FANTASY XIV A REALM REBORN - VOTE FAILED

Should AJSA Officially Support (FINAL FANTASY XIV A REALM REBORN)?   88 members have voted

1. 1. Should AJSA Officially Support (FINAL FANTASY XIV A REALM REBORN)?

• Yes! I promise to play it regularly!
    • No. I wont be playing it often enough.
    • Yes, but wait until a major expansion first.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Should The Angry Army Play (FF XIV)?

Leave your vote and your opinion in the Thread Below!

*No Flamewars

*No Council Bashing

*Respect Current Decisions, but know it can be reversed with enough demand from members in The AJSA!

Pros:

- Muti Class System (can play as anything you want)
- Large scale Crafting
- Teamwork 
- Well designed, beautiful world (but can run on a weak PC)

Cons:

- Requires a Sub
- Current lack of content (not much end game but its being updated 
- Leveling up an alt class is just grinding since Quests don't respawn or anything, so if you did them leveling a main class, you don't have too many options to level an alt

Current Council Decision: FAILED! Game did not accumulate enough votes.

*Based on Community Votes Command will decide to play the game in question if enough demand is there within The AJSA! Regardless of their decision or personal preferences - good game-specific Officers will be recruited and an additional commander maybe added to the roster to help oversee this game primarily.

***Please Remember that even if The Angry Army doesn't Officially Support The Game or Create a Game Division within it, that you can by all means still play the game with your AJSA Tag if you would like to do so!

Edited by Tons0fun
DC Universe pros/cons removed for suggested FF14 pros/cons

First of all, I should point that I love the FF franchise and that Square has been one of my favorite gaming companies.
But for all we know Square/Enix is one of the companies that hasn't released Joes' copyright claims.

Will that make a difference in regards to AJSA and which games will it support?
N00banaga and Vintson like this

I won't support their games untill they doing smth like this. Keep in mind that Joe is not the only one having problems with them it's everyone. There are companies wort supporting though like Ubisoft for example who clearly said we can upload and monetize ANY of their games giving all the links we need to send to YT. yea there are few restrictions but nothing major.

Vintson and Puntosmx like this

Ok Both of you this has nothing to do with the topic at Hand!! do not think Joe has ever played a Square game.....

I would Support it but i think Wildstar will be my Sub MMO

Ok Both of you this has nothing to do with the topic at Hand!! do not think Joe has ever played a Square game.....

I would Support it but i think Wildstar will be my Sub MMO

Well, I kinda feel that it is related.

AJSA stands for Angry Joe Show Army, and many of those who follow him have expressed interest in boycotting the companies that kept copyright claims on his vids.

He pledged to not consume music from those companies.

I don't see how the AJSA supporting or not a game company that hijacked one of Joe's videos is not related.

But well, maybe you could elaborate on how it's not related, or the command could explain if it will be taken into account for this or future situations or not.

Vintson likes this

AJSA stands for Angry Joe Show Army, and many of those who follow him have expressed interest in boycotting the companies that kept copyright claims on his vids.

srry but most the company's that people wish to boycott should have been Boycott years ago sad that this is the Trigger.

I don't see how the AJSA supporting or not a game company that hijacked one of Joe's videos is not related.

Well like i said i dont think Joe has ever Done a Square Enix Video Because when u start ANY of there games they state this http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&tag=authc  they have done this with ALL there games, you need Written Permission to get money off there games thu Ad Revenue and its not hard to convince them to give u a thumbs up for a Lets play since all ur using is there Base game

This is how that video he posted has no Relative need here if u were EVER a fan of FF u would Now this

BTW here is a LIST of companys that are Pushing Copy right or not saying anything

- 2K Games

- Activision

- EA

- Square Enix However the publisher’s policy is different from game to game. We were given two examples. Square Enix’s policy posted on the Tomb Raider website prohibits commercial use, but allows monetization of videos through partner sites like YouTube, Twitch, and Ustream. The rules include some complexity regarding spoilers in relation to a game’s release, attribution, and music. 

The short version is that for games coming out of Square Enix’s western studios, you shouldn’t run into problems on YouTube. However, things are handled differently out of Japan.

The second policy we received is related to Final Fantasy XIV. Again, monetization via YouTube and other similar services is permitted. The specifics are slightly different. 

With regard to Square Enix, your best bet is to check the game’s website. Don’t assume that because one title is allowed that others will be.  

Seems to ONLY be the Eastern Companys BIG SHOCK.

there are also a Group of people who Pushed for youtube but would not give there own comment on the situation  

From: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/13/here-s-where-publishers-stand-on-youtube-monetization-and-copyright-right-now.aspx  And Yes i now the DATE of the article 

I'm a bit mixed on this one on one hand when i played beta i was underwhelmed greatly by the game,yes i am aware beta is beta and i shouldn't judge a game based solely on it's beta but still it left an impact and made decide against buying it when it came out.

On the other hand one of my friends does nothing but say how awesome it is, and is trying to get me into the game and i admit the combat was fine the quests were ok and the group events that appeared every now and again are nice touch (sorry i forget their names)

But personally i'm a tad tired out of the fantasy genre one of the reasons i dropped Guild Wars 2, plus never been much of  Final Fantasy fan myself.  

Vintson likes this

I play this regularly on PS3 and will when it tranfers to PS4. 

The downside is I will be not able to play video games from may to august for work so I would say wait for a lot more content to come out. 

Though I love that game it is really boring unless you level something new and even that gets rather mild. 

Since there is a solid Free Company system available already and many in the AJSA say themselves that they won't play it, I would vote to not support that franchise. 

I play this often on Midgardstorm, As of the latest patch 2.5 leveling another has become easier with dungeons and Levequests. I voted yes we'll see what happens.

PS: theres a lot of content end game, similar if not more than vanilla WoW

I'm going to throw down a big ol' hearty yes.

Love the FF series, and been meaning to get into an MMO, haven't played one in years. Since I'm playing as a White Mage it'd be great to have others to play with ^^ Tanking as a healer, as it turns out, kind of stinks.

This is - in a way - an update to my comment. I palyed the BETA on PS4 and I must say... This is qute addicting and fun to play game! I don't like the fact that there is next to none voice asting so most dialogs skipped and the story did not immersed me.

Since recently I lost my job, i think 13$ per month is a bit too much but if it's not too much for you then pick it up ;)

I would like to throw my support behind the idea, and to do so I will even contest some of the cons presented - easiest of which would be the "Requires a Sub" issue. After all, every MMO worth it's weight in salt ultimately requires some form of payment to play it to the extent the AJSA wants to - DCUO requires a financial push for a league to be formed, and WoW even requires past expansions to be bought to progress past 60 (or maybe higher if they actually got to bundling the pre-Cata content, but still requires catch-up on expansions to get to 90) on top of a sub. Even if we ignore the sub, there's no strict divides - an EU account can play on a US server if they want to and games can even be played cross-platform (actually know a guy that plays on his PS3 and his PC, depending on his current task/mood, from the same account). In regards to current MMO trends, it's actually rather revolutionary and expands the potential audience multiple times over with it now being on PC, PS3 and PS4.

They are also continuing to add content as time goes on - 2.2 was recently released and adds quite a bit to the end-game content. Even when you get there, there's always the experience of playing as other classes if you tire of the end-game and desire to start anew (unless you're like me and a sucker for pain, so you level all the classes in one go). And while there may not be respawning quests, there are Levemetes which account for the repeatable quests in the game (of which you get a quota of at any given time that refills) and class-specific quests as well as Guildleves (party-based short quests) and Duties (the game's "instances", obtainable via the Duty Finder) that all help when it comes to levelling another class - and there's likely nothing more amusing than blasting through an AJSA-run Duty with three dudes just looking to crank out another level or two for their class. There are also the Full Active Time Events (also known as FATEs) that spawn randomly in each combat area that make the drudge through to the next level much less daunting - and are even better when done in groups that purposely run through FATEs in an area, which is a very common practice on most servers. And best of all - it doesn't matter if you're too high/low a level. You can still get rewarded for taking part and most of the time come away with the highest rating regardless if a lower level, and if you're too high? You can simply synchronize down to the required level and get the equivalent amount of EXP from the event!

Another interesting perk it has for me (particularly if you like building your own stuff and want to feel like you're involved in it's creation) is that it's crafting mechanic for any crafting class (read: "Disciple of the Hand class") is a lot more involved than your typical MMO. While the material gathering is a bit more like your usual MMO (hit thing, get item, although now it's % based and gear affects just as much as level) the crafting process is a lot more involved than just hitting a button and "BAM" - you have your item. At least if you want something High Quality, which gives it better stats overall than a standard product. It actually makes creating items much more rewarding when you finally get that HQ knife after you worked to the bone on 6 others beforehand trying to get that quality (rather than waiting for a timer to run down as you make 500 Cobalt Ingots or whatever). And if the AJSA ends up buying a mansion (because to hell with it, what good's a Free Company ("Guild") without some baller digs to make a presence, right?), even low-level crafters can contribute to the inventory with a range of furniture and house designs if they choose to offer them up, while some of the high-end crafts will make for amazing decoration pieces - anyone up for showing off a relic of Odin?

In short, A Realm Reborn is a robust and well-designed MMO that, if taken on it's independent merits over it's shared flaws with other MMO's, would be a great experience for a lot of AJSA people as it's a refreshing break from the typical mold of the MMO genre - including some class attack combos that require you to move to a different side of the enemy to get the most effectiveness from them, or boss fights that make you adjust your attack strategy during the course of the fight due to other factors being in play. Each class plays differently to the last and they've done a really good job of making them stand out from each other in their own way. And while there are a few thrown-in references every so often (I have an amazing screenshot on my PS3 if I can work out how to transfer it to my PC), they're not obnoxious and don't become so much of a reference as to become a parody (which became the bane of my WoW interest when it was CSI: Westfall and, on the other side, Rambo part IV).

Even if it officially doesn't happen, I would gladly join up to an unofficial one if it came around. Currently on Phoenix (EU) with Skar Fenoris at the moment, but have character spaces for other servers.

First off, I love Final Fantasy 7 and 8!

But!

I just don't have enough game play review from the pod-caster to support it. And most of my guild members that have tried it only played it for a maximum of 2 months. As like from many MMOs such as Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 and so many more, I wasn't given a trial or chance to try out the game for before even considering buying it so. Nah!

(..__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut and paste bunny onto your sig, blog, bulliten, etc.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination

I've been playing FFXIV:ARR fairly constantly since its re-release.

Its a fun game. The graphics are bright and vibrant, the gameplay is responsive, and the music is possibly the best I've ever heard in an MMO. Some of the fights are satisfyingly difficult, but others can be downright infuriating. The game suffers from lag at the worst times, and it doesn't do anything particularly new. Every Wildtsar beta weekend, I find myself missing the high movement combat while sloughing through FFXIV's endless grind.