• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turbowullie

Forced push to talk??

Should teamspeak be forced push to talk?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Should teamspeak be forced push to talk?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Just wondering why forced push to talk has been activated on the server? This is very annoying when you are playing certain games as you dont have time nor the free hand to push another button just to speak. I realise that certain people end up with a lot of background noise but this should be dealt with directly rather than locking out a good feature!

Hopefully this can be corrected ASAP as it has rendered the TS sever useless to me and no doubt others, back to Steam chat for the moment it seems!

i think this is helpfull because some people would leave their mic on and you would be able to hear things in the background like loud banging and arguing where push to tall help to stop that noise 

Push to talk really mitigates ambient noise. Also if you are a heavy breather or your microphone picks up everything in a twenty yard radius then forced push to talk is amazing. 

Hawko likes this

Many people without Push to talk are annying as high hell we dont want to hear whats for Dinner or the TV/Music thu ur headset if u cant Push down Tab or something to talk then ur to lazy to Remap ur buttons as many of us have done many times over

Nightshade likes this

Try playing a game like dota while using push to talk. It's just horrible. And if we had more moderators they could enforce mic discipline (most already do this). I havent heard any ambient noise in the public or the dota 2 channels.

Tell me one good reason why people with member status should be FORCED to use push to talk.

Turbowullie and Mandalore like this

I am using voice activated and nobody's been complaining about extra sound from me, why?  CORRECT SETTINGS.  What are the correct settings?  When you do the test,  you're supposed to speak, right?  Well don't, at first, because you need to measure when TS picks up your voice!  Don't say anything and you'll see activity anyway, so slide the bar just after the green shit. VOILA! 

Turbowullie likes this

I am using voice activated and nobody's been complaining about extra sound from me, why?  CORRECT SETTINGS.  What are the correct settings?  When you do the test,  you're supposed to speak, right?  Well don't, at first, because you need to measure when TS picks up your voice!  Don't say anything and you'll see activity anyway, so slide the bar just after the green shit. VOILA! 

Most people do not now HOW to set those Settings (also the Cheaper mics that a LOT of people own Settings do not help them) and Ambient Noise can always be heard for example starting talking and it will stay active after u finish and it will pick up Music ur breathing someones conversion.. Lets not forget that any sound from ur Headset can Turn ur mic on!

And a small side note is most people are either being kind or dont Care until it gets super bad (like Heavy Breathing)

Try playing a game like dota while using push to talk. It's just horrible. And if we had more moderators they could enforce mic discipline (most already do this). I havent heard any ambient noise in the public or the dota 2 channels.

Tell me one good reason why people with member status should be FORCED to use push to talk.

Dota is ur Example srry but if people can play Planetside 2 or battlefield with push to talk i think you guys in Dota can handle it

Most people do not now HOW to set those Settings (also the Cheaper mics that a LOT of people own Settings do not help them) and Ambient Noise can always be heard for example starting talking and it will stay active after u finish and it will pick up Music ur breathing someones conversion.. Lets not forget that any sound from ur Headset can Turn ur mic on!

And a small side note is most people are either being kind or dont Care until it gets super bad (like Heavy Breathing)

Dota is ur Example srry but if people can play Planetside 2 or battlefield with push to talk i think you guys in Dota can handle it

1. People that dont know how to set up voice activation should be redirected to the forums to learn how to do it. Come on how hard can it be it's just 1 slider.
  2. DOTA 2 requires constant use of 10-15 keyboard keys and I dont want to use another one for teamspeak. 

The AJSA is a gaming community. It's services should make gaming easier for the members not harder.

Also you havent given a good reason why push to talk should be Forced on to people with member status. It should be easy enough to moderate members.

I HATE forced push to talk. I understand why some people may like it, but when I need to communicate in the middle of a fight, I just can't do that with push-to-talk. If there are specific users who have mic problems who ruin the experience for others then maybe enforcing push-to-talk for a period of time for those users may be the way to go. Besides, there is a mute option if somebody is being really loud or obnoxious.

I'm am going to avoid the  AJSA ts server as much as possible until it is retracted, and if it stays up, then I won't use the ts server.

1. People that dont know how to set up voice activation should be redirected to the forums to learn how to do it. Come on how hard can it be it's just 1 slider.
  2. DOTA 2 requires constant use of 10-15 keyboard keys and I dont want to use another one for teamspeak. 

The AJSA is a gaming community. It's services should make gaming easier for the members not harder.

Also you havent given a good reason why push to talk should be Forced on to people with member status. It should be easy enough to moderate members.

Fine lets cover a List on why people should use Force to Talk

- More Polite (we dont want to hear Cheering and Raging)

- lets face it most people dont have a high end mic, (there is more then a Slider in the Adv Options witch u will need to use if u got a Cheap mic)

- in General Random Noise (talking to someone phone ringing, Dog Barking,Loud music if its loud enof it dont matter how much u adjust ur Slider for it)

- Every been in a room with 10+ people with open mics? it get annying real fast on how much Echo there is (ur mic can turn on from any noise ur headset plays)

Lets face it they both have Pros and Cons but if people dont understand there being loud and annying and they are part of ur group u can not just MUTE them wither u like it or not this is the best overall choice.

Fine lets cover a List on why people should use Force to Talk

- More Polite (we dont want to hear Cheering and Raging)

- lets face it most people dont have a high end mic, (there is more then a Slider in the Adv Options witch u will need to use if u got a Cheap mic)

- in General Random Noise (talking to someone phone ringing, Dog Barking,Loud music if its loud enof it dont matter how much u adjust ur Slider for it)

- Every been in a room with 10+ people with open mics? it get annying real fast on how much Echo there is (ur mic can turn on from any noise ur headset plays)

Lets face it they both have Pros and Cons but if people dont understand there being loud and annying and they are part of ur group u can not just MUTE them wither u like it or not this is the best overall choice.

1. Most people are already polite.
  2. I dont have a high end mid. I use a cheap a4tech headset and I dont have any background noise or static(I havent messed with any settings).
  3. That is why you should set up a mute mic hotkey.
  4. Push to talk doesnt help in a room with 10 people. There will always be that 1 person that uses speakers and there will always be echoing.

I dont see any Pros here.

It is as simple as this guys, PTT keeps things simpler and easier to moderate. If you have a mouse with more than 2 buttons, it shouldn't be an issue.

Hawko, Ender and tarascon like this

It is as simple as this guys, PTT keeps things simpler and easier to moderate. If you have a mouse with more than 2 buttons, it shouldn't be an issue.

The AJSA has over 30 people appointed as staff. How hard is moderating a teamspeak server if 30 people cant do it?

The AJSA has over 30 people appointed as staff. How hard is moderating a teamspeak server if 30 people cant do it?

There is 30k+ Members

Also iv never seen u outa Public lobby Spend an hour in the Battlefield lobby

just to Clearly state the 10 people in one room i ment 10 people in TS at once

And Tonsofun is Right Middle Mouse Click is Great for PTT

And lastly whats ur Pros then since u belive this is a horror concept

There is no "Staff" here at AJSA, we all volunteer our time. We do the best we can, but for the time being this is what we are going to have. It is constantly evolving and we are looking at possibly allowing Veteran rank and above to use VA but that is not set in stone.

Ender and Hawko like this

As a note, only moderators, commanders and council members are capable of administrative things on TS. Mostly moderators can move, kick, partial ban, etc but there's just commanders and council that are capable of higher admin duties.

At this point you guys should just Lock the topic as its just being Chaotic and Negative