• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sundaecat

DOTA 2 pre season 2014 tourney for those who dont want to go looking :P

68 posts in this topic

Alright This Tournament has concluded:

Results:

1st place:

Personal Space Invaders:

Charlie, tThorns, Wusha,  Hard, ProGi

2nd Place:

Dwelling in Wisdom:

Mantarias, Wei, Cake or Death, KanKraken, Ziggy

3rd place:

Nooooooooova:

DOFR, Miku Miku, Radish, Vetus Ludaeus, TOPT

tourney page: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/tournaments/details/11-pre-season-2014-dota-2-tournament/

Registration ends: Jan 30 2014

Tournament officially starts: Jan 31 2014

Tournament ends: Feb 3 2014

apparently up to 3 reserves(stand ins) are allowed?

Requirements: must have teamspeak, must be atleast recruit(atleast a forum member), games must be played during the period and screenshot of the endgame scorescreen are to be submitted to confirm the game(im guessing to Craigr910 who is managing the tourney)

positions:

1= hard carry, safelane cary, the ricer, the one who will eventually do the most dps on the team hopefully

2= mid lane 1v1, often a semi carry or a carry and usually mobile for rune control and/or for ganking purposes

3=offlaner, often a ganker but can also be semi carry to carry 

4= jungler/farming support

5= hard support, all the wards, the flying courier, boots only win sometimes :) 

Format: Double Elimination

Current number of teams: 8 teams out of 8 team slots. Registration Period for this tournament has ended, Now its time to play(god ofc)

Scoreboard:

Personal Space Invaders 9 - 0

Dwelling in Wisdom 8 - 6

Noooooooova 5 - 4 : eliminated

Milestone Gaming 4 - 4 : Eliminated

IFBWT 2 - 4 : eliminated

DasTeam 2 - 4 : eliminated

OrganicFireGamers 0 - 4 : Eliminated

Nip -Forfeited- 

Schedules/Match list(Match(team vs team) - times(will have CST(GMT-6) & GMT)(if you want more timezones please say so)):

might also add a line for Casters who have stated they will be casting that particular match. ill probably put vods(if applicable underneath the match as well as ingame match id. After Ro8 finishes, the RO8 will be put into spoilers and match ups for Ro4 will be put into two separate spoilers as to not spoil results.

Link to Brackets(sadly the brackets arent in a image format that i can post here easily :<)

I believe Craigr has stated all matches will be a best of 3 games. With the exception of the Finals which are a best of 5 game.

Round of 4 - matches will be played on Feb 2, 2014 unless otherwise noted.

note all noted times are when the matches will begin hopefully

Games that have ended:

Match B: Dwelling in wisdom vs Personal Space Invaders - Results: DIW 0 - 2 PSI

Match C: Nooooooova vs DasTeam - Results: Nooooooova 2 -0 DasTeam

Match D: IFBWT vs NiP - Results: IFBWT 2 - 0 Nip

Match K: Nip vs DasTeam - Results: Nip 0 - 2 DasTeam

Match A: Milestone Gaming vs OrganicFireGamers - Results MiGa 2 - 0 OFG

Match E: Miletstone Gaming vs Personal Space invaders - Results Miga 0 - 2 PSI

Match F: IFBWT vs Nooooooooova - results IFBWT 0 - 2 Noooooooooooooooooooooova

Match J: Dwelling in Wisdom vs OrganicFireGamers - Results DIW 2 - 0 OFG

Match M: DasTeam vs Milestone Gaming - Results Miga 2 - 0 Das

Match G: PSI vs Nooooooova - Results PSI 2 - 0 Noooooooova

Match L: Dwelling in WIsdom of J vs IFBWT - Results Diw 2 - 0 IFBWT

Match N: Dwelling in Wisdom vs Milestone Gaming - Results Diw 2 - 0 MiGa

Match O: Nooooooova  vs Dwelling in Wisdom - Results Nooooova 1 - 2 Diw

Match H: Personal Space Invader vs Diw  - Finals - PSI 3 - 0 DiW

Streams:

Personal Space Invaders has said they will be streaming their own games as well as hopefully cast some of the games played in the tourney. 

http://twitch.tv/tthorns 

Otherwise we(casters) will probably be livecasting and hopefully will have people join the live event through the ingame dota 2 tv :)

Team List:

Dwelling in Wisdom:

Mantarias[Team Leader]: Draft Captain, Safelane Carry(1)

Wei: Co-Leader, support(4) 

AliveNoMore(aka Cake or Death): support(5)

KanKraken: Mid(2)

TimidT(aka Ziggy): Offlane(3)

Note: "Kankraken mid, Son of Dendi, Winner of 1v1 AJSA Tournament, carry of the team, without him doing well we can't win -Wei 2014(excerpt from a pretournament interview upon the formation of team)", Wei wanted a note here that says he feeds. EU based team

Noooooooooova:

DOFR[Team Leader]: Draft Capitan, Safelane Carry(1)

Mikux2: Mid(2)

Radish: main support(5)

TOPT: offlane(3)

Vetusludaeus: farming support(4)

notes: It is Confirmed, DOFR has brought an All Russia squad to the tourney :), cant wait to see how they do. DOFR has said the 4 & 5 role players do tend to swap roles occasionally. He has also stated that this set up has played previously with DOFR mid, Radish & TOPT support, Vetus safelane carry and MIku offlane. 

Milestone Gaming:

General Anus(aka Miga.Thrower)[Team Leader]: Drafting captain, solo mid(2)

Elektronas: Hard Carry(1)

hernik_gg(aka marcus): offlane(3)

klax1988(aka drugsbunny): support(4)

MistaGrifta: Hard support(5)

notes: EU based team.  apparently team sweden?

NiP

dannyzane[Team Leader]

Alktroy

eydisragg

icelandicpokaball

Klaus

note: This team has forfeitted the tournament :(

OrganicFireGamers:

Jihad-ed[Team Leader]: hard carry(1)

Amper44: support(5)

KumQuat

jemenex

silvervolt7(aka Huskar): Draft Captain, Mid(2)

notes: One of the two US based team in the tourney O_O, mostly from Florida from the forum accounts data so Go Go sunny florida i think.

Ive gotten some info from Amper44 but would definitely like more info. I see that Jihad-ed is the only one who has wished the rest of the teams good luck on the tournament page so should we expect bm from the rest of the teams(*sarcastic laugh*) -> well then Charlie and DOFR have both said good luck on the tournament page... :)

PERSONAL SPACE INVADERS:

Charlie[Team Leader]: Drafting Captain, hard support(5)

tThorns: jungler/support(4)

Lukas(aka wusha): offlaner(3)

Hard: mid(2)

Smashzilla(aka ProGi): Hard Carry(1)

notes: Well then team europe it is  "We will invade our enemies personal space, we will make them feel as awkward... because we are the PERSONAL SPACE INVADERS. Fear us when you take a shower. -Charlie(excerpt from messages)" will we see an aggressive early game? we will see. Currently the team most taunted by OrganicFireGamers, hopefully no flamewars erupt :P

IFBWT(In First Blood We Trust):

Mr Derwisj[Team Leader]: Drafting Captain, mid(2)

Alabast: support/jungler(4)

Mr Fool: offlaner(3)

Nexus14(aka eleberth?): hard support(5) 

SofaKingnub: Hard Carry(1)

notes: In First Blood We Trust was the original name of the current dota 2 guild, pre ajsa times.

DasTeam

DasPeople[Team Leader]: Drafting Captain, Solo Mid(2)

'Merica: Hard Carry(1)

machx97(aka Sophos): support(4)?

SpazzyGenius: Hard support(5)

Xxenon: offlane(3)

reserves:

Jonnyman16(aka Dasmutation): sub for offlane(3)

notes: another US based team, wohoo! glad to have more US representation. "We all speak English -DasPeople" Interestingly the only team with a reserve that has been noted so far. I guess this means most of the teams are confident they will be able to play during the time alloted for each match?

General notes: First AJSA tournament for DOTA 2, It will definitely be nice if we could have an idea of when teams have scheduled face offs for the tournament once it gets started and the brackets are known 

PS: If the mods want to hijack the thread go for it :) ive put this one together mostly so people who havent seen/gone to look for the tournament can see what its about and who is currently in it and ill probably update with scores when i can see it

Edits:

edit: definitely not misspelling peoples names on purpose typing these lists mostly from memory and quick looking at the list and then typing it.

edit2: i realized i could use the forums to send messages... no duh myself XD , ive added Team Leader for each of the teams as noted upon each of the teams pages

edit3: i am looking at the steam group page to see if there is a post for the team and trying to get which positions from that sadly forum names arent listed so its abit difficult... glad some people have steam names on their forum profile . and ofc ive reached the emoticon limit for a thread BUMMER 

edit4: decided to see what countries each team/team members hailed from and surprise surprise other than Team Russia we have Team Iceland and Team USA(I think Team Florida if im not wrong) as the teams with members fully from one nation or one area. kind of neat

edit5: added Mr Fool/Mr Derwisj team and im over the emoticon limit again 

edit6: The Tournament is now full with 8/8 teams

edit7: Dota2danny of OFG has been replaced by Kumquat reasons have not been specified, minor editing to fix misunderstandings here and there and note the reserve for DasTeam.

edit8: Nip have sent me a forum message that says they might be withdrawing.... more details will be added once craigr is notified and hopefully issues are resolved....

edit9: made the post abit shorter through use of spoilers 

edit10: Nip has officially forfeited(ive been given confirmation from Craigr) the tournament. Sad to see for the first AJSA tourney that we have a withdrawl :(

edit11: added Team PSI's twitch stream with info

edit12: edited in the results of day 2 

Williamtat likes this

note: ive got no contact info for this team atm and have no idea who is going to be doing the draft or what positions they will each be playing.

OrganicFireGamers:

Jihad-ed

Amper44

Dota2Danny

jemenx

silvervolt7

Thanks for misspelling my name.

note: ive got no contact info for this team atm and have no idea who is going to be doing the draft or what positions they will each be playing.

OrganicFireGamers:

Jihad-ed

Amper44

Dota2Danny

jemenx

silvervolt7

Thanks for misspelling my name.

fixed the error. would you mind giving an idea as to who your drafting captain will be as well as your teams members positions/roles?

edit: thanks to Amper44, ive got drafting captain and some positions but more info is always welcome :)

Hey would like to add some stuff^^

We are a european team,

We are 2 Germans, 1 Greek, 1 Swede and 1 from Denmark ( the afghanistan, iceland stuff was sort of random^^ aka troll)

Ormuzd is not Hard, infact ormuzd and hard are 2 different people. Ormuzd used to be our midlaner however he has stepped down due to personal reasons and will be our 6th. Hard is his replacement. (Hard is from Denmark) Ormuzd is from Finland.

We are a veteran team with alot of experience and as a note i would like to add:

We will invade our enemies Personal Space, we will make them feel as akward as possible.. because we are THE PERSONAL SPACE INVADERS. Fear us when you take a shower.

We will invade our enemies Personal Space, we will make them feel as akward as possible.. because we are THE PERSONAL SPACE INVADERS. Fear us when you take a shower.

Hmmm... Come closer ;)

we will make them feel as akward as possible.. because we are THE PERSONAL SPACE INVADERS. Fear us when you take a shower.

Please come as close as possible.

Thanks for updating :) 

Wanted to thank you for making this Thread i do believe that this is an awesome idea, it should make for great content. Do you know if the Tournament will be casted? and if so by who? 

And don't worry, i dont think any flamewars will erupt from this, its all good fun :D

I little shit talk here and there doesnt hurt anyone as long as it is not personal :)

Good luck to everyone looking forward to this event and Team USA i got my eyes on you ;)

PS: I watch you while you eat breakfast. 

When playing against IFBWT, pls don't gank mid pretty please? I will pay.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU WEI!!!

Just kidding, I love you and I'm looking forward to this tournament immensely.
Good luck have fun to all! :)

mrfool likes this

woot Rubi has announced he will be broadcasting/casting the tourney

and as of right now there are 8/8 teams will update the thread shortly

considering the alch nerfs it might be. but thats only if the tournament's time period is after patch time which considering when the arcana item for terrorblade goes on sale(feb 6th) it might not be up in time for the tournament. worst case scenario would be 2 games in patch... though at the same time other than a couple nerfs and some buffs and stuff it isnt too big of a patch i guess?

On the Tournament note: Craigr how are the Brackets coming? or will it only be publicized when registrations end? :P or does the site have the ability to sort teams into brackets as long as it knows the systems and the results? :)

edit: well nevermind the patch has come out so it will be interesting to see which teams adapt to it but since it isnt a huge patch it should still be pretty consistent with little changes i think.

Pfff, I don't need nerfs on stun to be able to do that. Do not underestimate my skills.

It states that the Arcana item will be for avaiable on 6th of February. Since the patch is already in Dota 2 Test, it is highly possible that the patch will roll out this week - usually the same patch day I guess (thurdsday night - friday morning GMT).

Whilst I would have loved to participate in this tournament, I can't because:

a) It's closed

B) I don't have a team

c) Even if I did have a team, I live in Australia, which basically means I have to get up at 4 am in the morning if I want to participate, and I can't even do that because I have school and Rowing Training to do.

d) Also, since I live in Australia, I would probably get 300ms, and that would pretty much screw over any teamfight compositions or things which require good timing, so we would be ggwp

e) I'm not ready to do something that big yet (Still have alot to learn, like positioning.)

Nethertheless, I wish all the teams good luck, and that they pull off some amazing wombo combos :D

P.S Can we post the replays to these things in the forum? I would love to see how these matches play out.

Whilst I would have loved to participate in this tournament, I can't because:

a) It's closed

B) I don't have a team

c) Even if I did have a team, I live in Australia, which basically means I have to get up at 4 am in the morning if I want to participate, and I can't even do that because I have school and Rowing Training to do.

d) Also, since I live in Australia, I would probably get 300ms, and that would pretty much screw over any teamfight compositions or things which require good timing, so we would be ggwp

e) I'm not ready to do something that big yet (Still have alot to learn, like positioning.)

Nethertheless, I wish all the teams good luck, and that they pull off some amazing wombo combos :D

P.S Can we post the replays to these things in the forum? I would love to see how these matches play out.

If Rubi does broadcast it over a livestream service like twitch there will definitely be vods of it and id encourage teams to drop the match id on here after playing it. Ive still no idea if id be available during the tournament days beyond saturday morning(US time) so i probably will not be able to do much live casting :(. But we will see depending on the decided match times i might join rubi in the broadcasting channel for live casting(dont have a broadcasting set up on my end :( )

Do keep in mind that this is the first dota 2 team tourney within the AJSA community. There can definitely be improvements down the line. Time wise it can always be better made so that the time period in which the games can be played out or the match time is suitable for each of the teams regions. As in if the match is Japan team vs a EU team, the match time between the two teams will be best coordinated to suit both teams. 

It would be interesting if we could do like a regionals(as incontinent versus)(form a team only with players from your continent/region)(US can only have teams that are living in US)(Eu can only have teams based off of people in EU regions) that sorta thing. 

Im also hoping that we can get a list of Coaches to improve the overall guild/communitys level of skill(which i guess ill make the thread of shortly). Thus encourage more people to come out and try out in Tournaments for example. Partly hoping that this tourney can put a spotlight on some of the more well experienced members of the Dota 2 AJSA guild/community, thus maybe have new comers be able to send coaching requests to them :)

EDIT:

Wei just noted why do we not have an ability draft funny tournament for lolze? XD i can see it being confusing funny and hilarious fun

I do not know how the broadcasting will be yet.... I am with a lot of thing from work to do, and I did not investigate yet for now it will only be the in-game commentary system. 

Me and my teammate are discussing streaming our matches and co-casting other matches from the ajsa tourney. If there is noone else streaming than we will do it for sure. However if there is a official streamer from the AJSA then we will have to talk with him about it first. Would suck to step on his toes.

Either way if there noone streaming it then we will try to stream as many games as possible.

Sundaecat likes this

Dwelling in Wisdom vs Personal Space Invaders will be played at 19:00 GMT (20:00 CET) 

Hello to you all too on behalf of IFBWT, looking forward to the tournament, painting a target on Wei! Me + insert co-caster (to be decided per match, will probably no be the same person each time) are going to try and cast as many of the tournament matches as possible through the in-game lobbies. See you all tomorrow, bring your friends, the AJSA community, mom, dad, cat and a hearty amount of excitement!

MrDerwisj and mrfool like this

Hey cat if you could add this to the thread would be great. 

Me and my team we will be streaming all our matches of this tournament as well as casting matches from other teams in the Tournament.

You can watch all of it on http://www.twitch.tv/tthorns. Stream will be up at  13:00(1 pm) CST/ 19:00(7 pm) GMT/20:00(8pm) CET / 23:00(11 pm) MST on Friday. More information on the other days will be posted here tomorrow. Hope to see you on stream and hope you will enjoy the contect.

Sundaecat likes this

I will be spying I mean co-casting with my teammate Alabast tomorrow :) (considering our opponents were unable to find a standin and had to forfeit).
Looking forward to it, I might make vods for these.

Loves, 

MrDerwisj

Sundaecat likes this

For any of the casters id reccomend doing a mic check beforehand it will help if you dont need to adjust microphone audio stuff mid casting.

This sounds like it's going to be alot of fun for everyone. It's a shame someone forfeited though ): . 

Anyhoo, can we get a link to the potential twitch stream? I don't use Twitch TV often, and I have a feeling I'm going to end up lost in the website.

Btw, just a suggestion for any of the teams, seeing a Pheonix Mid will both look really cool, but also give you a very potent nuker and potential teamfighter. Just a suggestion :D ( I love Pheonix, even though I've played like 2 games with him.)

Again, Good Luck to all the teams!

muddlet the potential twitch stream links have been added to the 1st page and if new twitch streams pop up will have more added.

Since the Tournament will be running Captains Mode i dont think terror blade and Pheonix are in captains mode at the moment