• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shagger

Man Runs Into His Burning Home To Rescue His X Box

21 posts in this topic

Of all the stupid shit I hear about, this ranks ranks right up their. 

http://kotaku.com/man-dashes-into-burning-home-to-rescue-an-xbox-1508971113

The unidentified man (And for his sake I truly hope it stays that way) from Olathe, Kansas, fled his burning home early Friday morning only to run back in to save his games console. Thankfully, the guy was unhurt and only needed treatment for smoke inhalation, but I think we can all tell it could have been so much worse.

I don't know if it was an X Box One or an X Box 360, but I'm gonna assume it was X Box One because... well, it just has to be!

Now, faced with that kind of situation, nobody can say for sure how they would react until it actually happens, but I'm prepared to take punt that nobody reading this would stupidly risk their lives for their gaming machine, whether it be a console, gaming PC, or whatever.

Anyway, try and rationalise this or make fun of him, whatever, the floor is yours...

I'd run in if the fire isn't that bad. Or is in a different part of the house.

Although I would only do that for my Ps2, Ps1, Sega Gen, Atari, etc. and all the games that go with 'em.

But I'm probably talking big. I'd sit on the lawn crying... seeing my treasures and progress melt away...

Well give the guy a break lol. Have you ever lost a hard drive? It's a painful experience. I mean as long as the house wasn't like collapsing and shooting flames 100 feet into the sky out of every window and door, I'd at least try to save my computer.

Wolfspawn and Sol Omega like this

I'd run in if the fire isn't that bad. Or is in a different part of the house.

Although I would only do that for my Ps2, Ps1, Sega Gen, Atari, etc. and all the games that go with 'em.

But I'm probably talking big. I'd sit on the lawn crying... seeing my treasures melt...

Well the fire caused $80,000 of insurance damage, so I imagine the fire was pretty bad. The building didn't burn down, but I imagine the all of the inside was like a drunken fry up.

If it was something important to me I would do the same thing but it would have to be pretty important to me like my pets or my family.

Mildly funny. Depending on the severity of the fire in my house were it my situation, I would definitely run in to save some stuff if the chance were there. Among those stuff my XBOX would be included. Too bad for that poor guy though.

Well give the guy a break lol. Have you ever lost a hard drive? It's a painful experience. ...

Dont think there is much more painfull than being burned alive ...

idk no one can say for sure how you would react if put in this situation. An Xbox one is expensive and i would be pretty pissed if i just got one and then it got burned.

It depends on how dangerous it is to get it, like if its in the living room but the fire hasn't spread there yet. If I save mt other more valuable things first, like your wallet, maybe some family heirlooms ans most obliviously a pet or family member. 

Would have woken right by my PC's side and saving it would certainly cross my mind.

This doesn't sound that terrible that I would risk my life for the console, especially if it was an X1 or PS4, because I haven"t invested 100000000000000000.... hours in it yet(360, MAYBE). Plus that's why you get a external hard drive for all save files and downloaded versions of games. But the best plan is don't get so attached to your games that you forget to turn the stove off.

Insurance...I wouldn't rescue any material possessions, I'd just buy them all back brand spankin' new.

Stupidity has just reached a whole new lvl..

Now it's almost as infinite as win rars trail period.  

That guy is an idiot. Even if the fire wasn't that bad, a house could go up in flames immediately. Fires are deceptive.

I wouldn't leave the house without consoles in hand. I'm not letting anything take thousands of gameplay hours from me.

The general consensus here seems to be most of you would try grab certain material possessions on the way out if it's safe to do so (hard drives in particular make some sense since the data on them may be irreplaceable), the thing that gets me about this bloke is he ran back in to rescue his console. That's a little different.

The only problem with grabbing a HDD is you have to unscrew the fucker before you can get it... So there isn't really much way of doing that quicker than just grabbing the PC or for example the console. I can see why he did it but it is still a stupid move to do. There isn't really much I can comment here because I would probably do the same thing due to the fact I wouldn't be thinking. Even though I would know it's still a stupid idea.

Judge Lazar likes this

The only problem with grabbing a HDD is you have to unscrew the fucker before you can get it... So there isn't really much way of doing that quicker than just grabbing the PC or for example the console. I can see why he did it but it is still a stupid move to do. There isn't really much I can comment here because I would probably do the same thing due to the fact I wouldn't be thinking. Even though I would know it's still a stupid idea.

I used the extra cut outs on the front of my case and put in  2 small pieces of sheet metal the and zip tied the SATA cables and power cables to the case, so they just sit in the case with no screws, and the cables are zipped in a way that I can just yank the drive right out,  because I'm always at my friends house who has a spare tower the same parts as mine, That way I don't have to deal with unhooking everything,  putting that all in a bag, then carry my heavy ass tower to his house. 

My current project is trying to come up with a home made housing for the SATA and power cables that will let me just push the drive back in the slot and reliably connect every time. My current iteration is just the cables with 2 small pieces of plywood, one in front of the cables and one behind It's hard to make it go in and connect some times. I need something that can hold the data cables rock solid in place.

The only reason I would run back in a burning house is to save my family and my cat. Thats pretty much it but a gaming console I wouldn't risk my life over. Life over object I say.

My current project is trying to come up with a home made housing for the SATA and power cables that will let me just push the drive back in the slot and reliably connect every time. My current iteration is just the cables with 2 small pieces of plywood, one in front of the cables and one behind It's hard to make it go in and connect some times. I need something that can hold the data cables rock solid in place.

You'll need something to keep the wires in place when you push the hard drive so the wood makes sense but I don't think I'll ever go as far as to take my HDD out of my PC unless it needs to be done. Once I fit them unless they're corrupted it stays in its place. xD Everything has a place sort of person me.