• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cmg666

Did DMC Do Something Better Then Devil May Cry

43 posts in this topic

So we all know about DMC it is for well known reasons the most hated Devil May Cry game in the franchise even beating out Devil May Cry 2 but what is the thing I'm talking about that DMC did better then Devil May Cry and why I'm posting this well I'll start off with the why its because of the signature of an AJSA member Maeglin Telrunya asking if he is the only one who likes the new Vergil to answer his question Yes idk why you like him but yes you're the only one. Now on to the what the what being the relationship between Dante & Vergil in the first Devil May Cry game Dante explains how Mundus killed his Mother and brother 20 years ago and how he swore revenge on Mundus for doing so. Now fast forward two games and we get Devil May Cry 3 the prequel and best game in the franchis (though to be honest the combat system was done better in 4 but I digress) where you play as young cocky upstart Dante who has to stop his now evil twin (insert soap opera joke here) from opening the gates of hell and destroying humanity and he is more then willing to slice his brothers head off. So what happened how did Dante go from wanting to kill his brother to avenging his death that part was never explained or just simply continuity was thrown out the window. Now fast forward another 2 games and we come upon DMC where we get almost all the popular franchise characters Dante Vergil and Mundus and in this game for a time Dante and Vergil are at first allies then friends the bros then well *SPOILERS!!!* enemies so their relationship forms during the game and makes it more understandable why Dante is so willynilly about stopping him unlike Devil May Cry 1 and Devil May Cry 3. So does that mean DMC did a better more stronger relationship between the brothers. Well thoughts comments and debates are as always welcome in my topics so if you have input don't be afraid to share and would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Old Vergil wouldn't have sniped demon woman.....

Old Vergil would have told her to shoot her damn self ... he wouldn't want to waste bullets.

Punctuation, use it.

back on topic I feel that DMC did a great job of laying a foundation for the series. In Devil May Cry all I know about Dante is that he was a badass demon slayer out to avenge his mom's death, But in DMC I was able to get a better idea of who Dante actually is, A confused and directionless young man who chose to stand against evil because it's what he believed was right.

I enjoyed the game, It gave the series a back story and i really love lore in games.

Okay all valid points however off topic I was hoping to discuss if DMC made a more stronger relationship between Dante and Vergil than the orginal games not if the characters themselves were better or platforming or supposed lack of punctuation.

I loved the overall look and feel of the game. That was about it. The platforming was nice. The city as a character was amazing and cool.

The music was good.

Enemy design was neat.

There were times where neo-Dante was cool and funny... but he tried too hard to be old-Dante all of the time. Love wig ribbing.

Tried to make sense of the story. Did a passable job.

In the end, as a game, it was good. Pretty good. As a DMC game... well that's up for a debate that I won't participate in.

"DID DMC DO SOMETHING BETTER THEN DEVIL MAY CRY"

Well thoughts comments and debates are as always welcome in my topics so if you have input don't be afraid to share and would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Okay all valid points however off topic I was hoping to discuss if DMC made a more stronger relationship between Dante and Vergil than the orginal games not if the characters themselves were better or platforming or supposed lack of punctuation.

Make up your mind.

Also, can't help but point out the person who told you to use punctuation failed to make use of proper capitalization.

The only thing that works with the reboot DMC is the controls. I'd rather have an entire game about Nero, the kid from DMC4 and no Dante than this reboot Dante. He's got no flare or style. He looks like a strung up crack addict and at first is too "bro" with Vergil.

I hate the entire premise. It's basically saying the corporations are demons....oh very subtle....as subtle as a train wreck...on a boat

Make up your mind.

Also, can't help but point out the person who told you to use punctuation failed to make use of proper capitalization.

The main topic for this post was which game had the stronger brother relationship developement I was using what others were saying as an example of what this topic is not about.

DMC it is for well known reasons the most hated Devil May Cry game in the franchise even beating out Devil May Cry 2

You say people liked Devil May Cry 2 more than the newest one? Somehow I find that hard to believe since the second one was fucking abysmal (just my opinion but... ya gotta admit it was pretty damn bad). I've never even heard someone say it was a good game. DMC on the other hand I've heard plenty of people say it was at least a good game. The only bad part about it in my opinion is the new personalities of Dante and Vergil the older ones were better although they could have used a more deep connection than they previously shared which this new one does an OK job of. But yeah other than their personalities the rest of the game was pretty damn good for what it was.  Level design, music, story... all of those were pretty good. At least I think so.

You say people liked Devil May Cry 2 more than the newest one? Somehow I find that hard to believe since the second one was fucking abysmal (just my opinion but... ya gotta admit it was pretty damn bad). I've never even heard someone say it was a good game. DMC on the other hand I've heard plenty of people say it was at least a good game. The only bad part about it in my opinion is the new personalities of Dante and Vergil the older ones were better although they could have used a more deep connection than they previously shared which this new one does an OK job of. But yeah other than their personalities the rest of the game was pretty damn good for what it was. Level design, music, story... all of those were pretty good. At least I think so.

Well to be fair and I do see your point Devil May Cry 2 wasn't getting torches and pitchforks before release granted the combat was bad as well but it didn't insult the characters we know and love by doing stuff like throwing a white haired wig on there head and saying no to the look.

Despite Joe's opinion I dont alway's agree with joe on certain game's I liked DMC For what it was, Maybe ause DMC is one of my favorite franchisess.

Man, I blame Devil May Cry 1's lack of back story with the time period in which it came out. It was common for game to have little to no back story that needed filling on other medias. And DMC 2 is the only DMC I was able to beat without the help of my older bro, I am abysmal at action games, plus DMC 2 had possessed  buildings and tanks 13 year old me thought that was a hoot!

Back to the DMC reboot, I didn't like it if only because the new Dante was too blunt. He was no fun and made me want to see him fail than to succeed. And as stated before a game with just Nero would have been more fun, what with his sword with a motor in it and a demon claw, some more progression on his part would have been welcomed for me.

Honestly I liked that game more than I thought 

sure it took a little while to warm up to the new dante but he's pretty badass the soundtrack is still awesome the fighting for me personally was pretty fun i liked the whole switching between demon and angel weapons and how the angel weapons were more for combos and the demon weapons were more powerful so you could make some pretty interesting combos 

mfhasan96 likes this

Old Vergil wouldn't have sniped demon woman.....

Old Vergil would have told her to shoot her damn self ... he wouldn't want to waste bullets.

Wrong! Old Vergil didn't even use guns! At least as far as I remember the third game.

As for the topic. Since I've only played the third one (fourth has hardly any "Vergil" in it) I can't really speak much of the relationship, but I sure as hell like the one they had in there rather than the one in DMC. They were actually more like brothers. Sure, half-demon, demon killing fucking badasses, but still more "real" brothers. But then again it also had the feel that they're more like friends than brothers.. However in DMC it feels just shallow. Their relationship, that is. "Oh, hey! You're my brother? Okay, I'll believe everything you tell me." That's kinda what it felt like.

So in conclusion - no, I don't think DMC did it better than the previous titles. I actually think that they did it worse.

Wrong! Old Vergil didn't even use guns! At least as far as I remember the third game.

I know.

He only used Yamato.

But that would have ruined the joke.

Actually old Vergil did use guns he used one of Dante's pistols to kill Arkham (The man not the Asylum) after helping Dante to defeat himhim but he didn't shoot him in the back.

I know.

He only used Yamato.

But that would have ruined the joke.

Well, he did have those magical projectile swords, so your thought counts. :D

Actually old Vergil did use guns he used one of Dante's pistols to kill Arkham (The man not the Asylum) after helping Dante to defeat himhim but he didn't shoot him in the back.

That's just one part of a cutscene, so you can't really count that imo.

So we all know about DMC it is for well known reasons the most hated Devil May Cry game in the franchise even beating out Devil May Cry 2

Woah,let's not get ahead of ourselves there.....

Woah,let's not get ahead of ourselves there.....

Okay when I hear people talk about Devil May Cry 2 they say its just boring when I hear people talk about DMC hatred for the characters and the combat.

Here are some common criticism, including my own, about DMC2 and DMCSquared.

DMC2

• Attacks are unsatisfying
  • Environments are way too large
  • AI is replaced with a bag of rocks
  • Pacing is all over the place
  • Feels rushed and cheap

DMCDMC

• Dante is replaced by a 13 year old
  • Game gets way too grindy towards the end
  • Textures pop in constantly
  • Loading times are biblical
  • Looks lifeless and washed
  • Way too easy
  • Runs at 30 frames per second (barely)
  • Boss fights have cutscenes that break the game-flow
  • Voice acting is pretty bad at random points
  • Soundtrack is pretty bad
  • The contrasting environments caused my eyes to strain
cmg666 likes this

Here are some common criticism, including my own, about DMC2 and DMCSquared.

DMC2

• Attacks are unsatisfying
  • Environments are way too large
  • AI is replaced with a bag of rocks
  • Pacing is all over the place
  • Feels rushed and cheap
DMCDMC

• Dante is replaced by a 13 year old
  • Game gets way too grindy towards the end
  • Textures pop in constantly
  • Loading times are biblical
  • Looks lifeless and washed
  • Way too easy
  • Runs at 30 frames per second (barely)
  • Boss fights have cutscenes that break the game-flow
  • Voice acting is pretty bad at random points
  • Soundtrack is pretty bad
  • The contrasting environments caused my eyes to strain

Your not the Gaming Brit are you cause alot of those criticisms are worded the same way he says them.

Well to be fair and I do see your point Devil May Cry 2 wasn't getting torches and pitchforks before release granted the combat was bad as well but it didn't insult the characters we know and love by doing stuff like throwing a white haired wig on there head and saying no to the look.

But that's only because people are stupid to judge a game before it comes out and didn't like the idea that they were going to change Dante (who was already and awesome character). Like I said previously, I don't like the new Dante and Vergil either but DMC Devil May Cry was a better game in my opinion than Devil May Cry 2, and I feel like a lot of people would agree with me. And yeah, they were trying to give a wink to the audience when they threw that wig on him and that failed horribly but overall, DMC was a better game if you look passed all the little things. Change his personality wasn't a little thing for me either, trust me, but if you can just accept it and move on it's a fun ass game. I don't know the hell the guy above me is talking about when he says the level design is bad.. because it's really not.... not at all.

But that's only because people are stupid to judge a game before it comes out and didn't like the idea that they were going to change Dante (who was already and awesome character). Like I said previously, I don't like the new Dante and Vergil either but DMC Devil May Cry was a better game in my opinion than Devil May Cry 2, and I feel like a lot of people would agree with me. And yeah, they were trying to give a wink to the audience when they threw that wig on him and that failed horribly but overall, DMC was a better game if you look passed all the little things. Change his personality wasn't a little thing for me either, trust me, but if you can just accept it and move on it's a fun ass game. I don't know the hell the guy above me is talking about when he says the level design is bad.. because it's really not.... not at all.

Everyone has their own opinions I think Devil May Cry 2 is less hated then DMC due to the fact Devil May Cry 2 is boring but doesn't insult or downgrade our favorite characters and I understand changing characters in reboots but there was two to four games worth of reference they could have used to change them into an equally or even more liked characters