• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

LHudson

Game with the Best Story

Best Game Stories Poll   69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favo(u)rite story driven game?

• Shadow of the Colossus
    • Final Fantasy VI
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Silent Hill
    • Silent Hill 2
    • Silent Hill 3
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Bastion
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • The Walking Dead
    • The Last of Us
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 posts in this topic

Due to popular (ish) demand, Spec Ops: The Line is now up there, and replaces the Legend of Dragoon. Apologies to LoD, but it wouldn't let me add another option on.

I am also an idiot for not thinking of it sooner.

I think skyrim the elder scrolls 5 should be on the list. But choosing from the list, red dead redemption had an awesome story.  

WAT?

From the list, I will say Bastion

This severely underrated game which came out a few months ago deserves to be here.

Shadow-Warrior-Logo-Shadow-Warrior-2013-

For me Asura's Wrath it had me heavily interested in the story and the secret ending had me craving a sequeal.

I didn't vote on anything because of the offered list I can pick out three that I thought had an awesome story:

1. Spec Ops: The Line - more of an experience really
  2. Bastion - I just love that game even though the story is the weakest aspect of it in my opinion
  3. Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children and Aerith, need I say more?

MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time best story and gameplay from anything I have ever played.

Psychonauts hands down.

1. Final Fnatasy VI: Everything is fantastic. The characters, the world, the plot, the villain, the ending...where do you begin?
  2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Politics that are actually interesting...quite rare.
  3. Final Fantasy IV: Again, everything is done near perfectly story wise...just not as perfectly as FF6. :D
  4. The Last of Us: Pure, unapologetic emotional engagment, from begining to end. I'll never feel the same again....and Ellie is such a bad a**.
  5. Knights of the Old Republic: A Star Wars plot how a Star Wars plot should be done. IMO this is where Bioware's true greatness began.

It's hard to pick which one you think is best, since there are so many ways to tell stories, and tell them well.

Mass Effect 2 and the original Knights of the Old Republic.(Haven't finished infinite yet, but once I do that may get the top spot.)

I'll probably get some or a lot of hate for this but my vote goes to Red Dead Redemption.

I don't see Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons or Journey on this poll!!!!

I'll probably get some or a lot of hate for this but my vote goes to Red Dead Redemption.

Considering that's the most voted on game in the poll, I'd say you'd get next to no hate for it.

WHERE IS MASS EFFECT?

Can't read your post, use a color that doesn't blend to the background.

Really tough choices, I had to go with Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. I love that game but I can also understand an argument against it.