• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keyblade1001

Sly Cooper movie announced!!!!

22 posts in this topic

What I don't get is the complains about the look of the characters and that it isn't the same design as the games, being 2D cell shaded. Really I think it looks pretty good and has a chance at being an actual good movie based off of a game which is rare to say since most are just awful. Plus how many people are going to go to a cell shaded movie these days besides those who are die hard fans of Sly? They would make no money, as for the character designs, I like them, they needed to make them fit into this new 3D animation world and it works, I find it dumb though how people are complaining about how Sly's nose is to short though or that he is wearing pants.

Oh damn... I was waiting to see live action film, with people jumping and hopping around in furry suits. 

My only complaint is Murray's look. His face is too hippo.

Everything else is fine.

NEEDS THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS (can't tell if it's them or not, been so long)!!! I wish to spend money upon it!

Gosh, I hate a teaser for a movie I won't see until two years from now.

I'm torn.

NEEDS THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS (can't tell if it's them or not, been so long)!!!

I played the fourth game pretty recently (finished it a few weeks ago).  It sure sounds like them.  Carmelita Fox is a primary concern though, as her voice actress was different in every game.  I hope they keep her actress from the fourth game.  Not to mention, it would be VERY STUPID not to include her in the movie, as she is both nemesis and love interest to Sly.

My only complaint is Murray's look. His face is too hippo.

Yeah, Murray is the one primary reason people complain about the design, with Bentley being the second.  To be honest, Murray can use a redesign, and it's still far enough away from release that they can change a few things.

Not to mention these are the same guys making the Ratchet and Clank movie, which is due next year.

Murray and Bentley have the same voice actor but Sly is different though close to the original voice actor. As for Carmelita well yeah lets hope they finally have a voice actor that stinks with her, it's like Sparx in the Spyro the Dragon series that was on PS2, the voice changed every single game. It's so annoying when they do that.

As for the redesigns I don't mind them really and actually the more I watch the more I find I like them, the fit the world they are creating.

Never have been into the whole franchise but that trailer sure looked good

I've meant to play the Sly Cooper series for a while but haven't gotten around to it. I have played a bit and seen some playthroughs on youtube, so judging from what I do know about the series this looks pretty good. I like how the characters look and the voice acting seems good.

Sly Cooper isn't what comes to my mind when thinking of games to be made into movies, but when thinking about it, it is a solid idea for a kids movie and I enjoyed the trailer. Hopefully, it turns out good.

Oh damn... I was waiting to see live action film, with people jumping and hopping around in furry suits. 

I agree, I was hoping this movie would usher in a new generation of furries and that it would finally become mainstream.

When was the last game movie? I remember there was a Halo movie being made, but it was scrapped since they spent too much money during the creation of it. It could be good but who knows.

My little brothers said the characters look ugly

When was the last game movie? I remember there was a Halo movie being made, but it was scrapped since they spent too much money during the creation of it. It could be good but who knows.

The last film based on a video game was Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, which came out on October of 2012. Needless to say, it was not good.

many childhoods will be ruined soon then.  i just don't think this would go good...

the gang doesn't even look like themselfs from the game :S

I already see myself waiting for the movie in a year saying ,, One more year!!!!,,. I hope this movie will explain what happend at the end of the last game. Or at least make a new Sly Cooper game bevor the movie comes out.

They should just go about making all Sony PS1 platformers into movies its not like Crash Bandicoot doesn't deserve to be back in the spotlight or anything! :)

Well the problem with that is that Crash is owned by Activision these days not Sony so I would rather not see a movie of Crash because Crash has been ruined by Activision. They also own Spyro and there was going to be a Spyro movie based on the latest series, before Skylanders, but was cancelled which I'm happy about because it was being made by the same people who made the Eragon movie which was just awful.

RetroRanter likes this

Well the problem with that is that Crash is owned by Activision these days not Sony so I would rather not see a movie of Crash because Crash has been ruined by Activision. They also own Spyro and there was going to be a Spyro movie based on the latest series, before Skylanders, but was cancelled which I'm happy about because it was being made by the same people who made the Eragon movie which was just awful.

yeah activision did kind of kill the Crash games and made him look terrible after reading that i think im with you now they can keep those movies far away i mean Eragon...*shudders*

Mixed feelings about this. I feel like it could be OK or just baaaaaaaad. The whole appeal to Sly was the fluidity of the controls and the fun gameplay, the humour and characters were great but I don't think it'll be enough to just sit and watch that alone...they're gonna have to get creative with this.

RetroRanter likes this

Mixed feelings about this. I feel like it could be OK or just baaaaaaaad. The whole appeal to Sly was the fluidity of the controls and the fun gameplay, the humour and characters were great but I don't think it'll be enough to just sit and watch that alone...they're gonna have to get creative with this.

i couldn't agree more XD

As a fan of the series, I can say that, from this trailer, it keeps the things that made Sly great: the atmosphere, the comedy, and the overall look and sound of the characters. Will the actual movie stay true to the series, while contributing more to the universe? That remains to be seen. Otherwise, the creators are just a bunch of cracker-boxes!