• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Psychochilla

Something about ESO you might want to see

50 posts in this topic

I've had a lot of excitement for this game and this about cut it in half... :(

well im not gonna buy the game now 

Welp. Not buying it, can't support this. Sub fee is fine, though I was still wary of it. But forcing you to buy a Collectors Edition in order to get a race is really stupid, especially since the Race actually factors into gameplay with Racials being somewhat Important. I dunno, maybe I'm stupid but that just seems like a terrible idea considering they're just giving people more of a reason to dislike an online Elder Scrolls game.

AND there goes all my hype for this game Bethesda and Zenimax You dun fked it up am officially not buying this game until its F2P end of story.

@9 minutes He says Cash grab

The entire box price and sub fee is all about cash grab so this isn't  news

and....the I Told you So's are gonna keep flyin outta my mouth for the next month

i was really sceptical about this game at first but then i tried the beta and i really liked it so i was kind of excited and now this... fucking emotional rollercoaster :D

Well i was and am a fan of upfront price and fees, just to ensure the game has funding for the future, near and far. Im a fan also because that type of sub style creates an equality across the board (not to mention reduces the chances of trolling and stupid named characters tremendously which you get in f2p models), so if you stand out in game its cos your just that good. Now after months of a lot of ESO fans standing firm about the price and the game, we get a screw you, kiss goodbye to equality and were adding pay to win into the payment style of the game (unique race and bonuses beyond the others...the sad part is, if this race isnt OP then there gonna screw those daft enough to buy it, and if its not OP then why make it all, if its just another race skin then its a money grab and a shitty one at that).

If this is whats happening then fuck it im gonna pass cos thats already a sign of a pay2win shop coming into play and i cant stand those in mmos, i avoid wow for it and left lotro because of it, id already earmarked some cash for several months of ESO, guess they really wanted to go and alienate more long term fans for short term gains.

I abhor elitism in a game outside of skill ability and time put in, i actually hope this is not what it seems and it wont be as bad as its made out, but i half expect there to be an imperial race available to buy after a few months if not day 1.

So basically they pulled a "Mass Effect 3" bs here. Well, I'm just glad it's not Fallout that's being screwed with.

Are agree with everything said here but there is one thing your all forgetting Bethesda does listen to what we have to say. We wanted first person they put that in and when we worried about ESO for the consoles Zenimax managed to get rid of the PS Plus fee for ESO. They have proven they listen to us and with all this uproar and negative hype i highly doubt the imperial race along with all those other bonuses will stay. However, the one thing that saddens me is that now there saying any race can play any faction. I really liked the idea of certain races puting aside their differences allying with one another for the greater good of Tamirel. Now i just feel like it doesnt matter what faction i choose because i can be any race. 

I would speculate that the "exclusive race" might be testing the waters for Bethesda. If people don't like this (and they don't) then they'll probably backpedal, saying that it's not an exclusive race and that the collector's edition just allows you to play an Imperial for any alliance (which is still shitty). The rings are also bullcrap though. Regardless, it's no skin off my back since I've always been more excited about Wildstar and EQN.

Well i am losing more and more interest in this game as the days pass. I have the Imperial Edition on pre-order currently. Why? I have already stated i will not play the game unless i get a beta invite so why have i got it pre-ordered? Simple. Go check on the Skyrim Collector's Edition on ebay. The sheer profit i would get if i got at least a couple of those and resold them would be huge. At most, right now, i will be reselling the game on ebay for a good profit to pay for a game i DO want to play.

I am not overly upset about the Imperial Edition's bonuses, not really. No, in my personal opinion (and i stress that this is only my personal thoughts on this) is that the Imperial race and ''higher speed'' horse will not amount to much in the end. It just cant as it would be far too big an imbalance to allow it to do so. My guess would be the differences at end game end up being near negligible. +10 stamina for example. At level 1-10, +10 stamina would be a big deal considering it would be 10% of your entire health. But above that level... a whole +10 to stamina is so insignificant when you have hundreds if not thousands of health points. This is what i believe the difference the Imperial race will have in the end. An aesthetic look and racial bonuses that only matter for the first couple hours of play.

I really don't see a problem...

infact im looking forward to seeing my 12" Molag Bal statue standing on my desk watching me as i and my pet mudcrab rofl stomp noobs with my imperial master race

I really wanted this game to be good, i think i'll pass on buying it now

I don't pre order games usually.

I did pre order ESO earlier though.

Not for the Imperial race, I only got the standard edition, but I wanted the 5 days early access.

So basically they pulled a "Mass Effect 3" bs here. Well, I'm just glad it's not Fallout that's being screwed with.

Don't jinx it :P

I don't pre order games usually.

I did pre order ESO earlier though.

Not for the Imperial race, I only got the standard edition, but I wanted the 5 days early access.

Standard editon only grants 3 days.

the only way they are gonna get people back now, is if they go f2p/b2p.

That won't happen for at least 6 months.

Even with this crap it's still going to bring in a lot of players. It needs to do really badly in monthly subs before it goes F2P.

And when it does is the day I stop playing. F2P communities are shockingly bad and the cash shops take over.

i actually hope they won't go f2p... i fucking hate f2p. at least a subscription should guarantee that the developers will care about the game and try to fix problems as soon as possible

Gone likes this

Subscription based MMOs are dying. WoW has been losing 100k subs every quarter. SWTOR went F2P (Even though you have to pay to pretty much play the full game but still). Hell WoW is half F2P with you being able to play everything and the only limitation is that you can only play up until level 20. GW2 sold extremely well so I don't know why ESO won't be B2P. GW1 did it and was successful. GW2 is successful so why not do the same with ESO? Hell Rift went F2P! All these games are either F2P, B2P or are slowly dying. I really hoped that ESO was going to be B2P. Even if it was $100 I'm pretty sure that it would be extremely well done and well worth the money, but this is just terrible. I went all over the internet and all I've seen are negative things about this. People don't have money to pay a base fee and then right away start paying $15 a month. It used to be a great method back when everyone had money, but right now people have been trying to keep money in their pockets. People are barely purchasing Titanfall at full price since it's only mutliplayer.

1mirg likes this