• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sundaecat

AJSA Coaches/Student List Thread

52 posts in this topic

Steamname: Dice Almight

Server location/timezone: Any server is ok GMT+2

Languages: English/Finnish/Swedish(only if I really have to)

Availability:from friday to sunday I am online almost all hours of the day 

Experience: about 3000 games played

Ranked MMR: 4000

Prior Coaching experience: I have been teaching new players how to build and how to play harder heroes like meepo and invoker 

Topics I can cover: Almost everything you need to know from basic support play to meepo micro

Heya's. So I'm a complete noob to the MOBA scene (as in, I've never played a single game before) but I've seen some friends play it and I also saw that Steam movie "Free to Play" which got me interested. One of the things that I've heard about Dota is that it has an incredibly steep learning curve. I'm looking to join a community that can forgive absolutely idiotic mistakes and overlook my noobishness and the AJSA seems like it can do just that. So can anyone give me some tips or just any info in general about the game? It would be greatly appreciated.

Steam Name: Doreasaurus

OrphanChocolate and I are taking him as a student so we can teach him the basics, since we're in the same region and timezone as him. If anyone else wants to teach him the more advanced stuff in the future, just ask him.

Sundaecat likes this

SteamName: Kagsacar http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028509007/

Anytime after 4:00pm U.S Central

Game Experience: i just passed 400 hrs, and i am not that confident with much of anything, i took a fourth month break, and am just now getting back into it.

Anything in particular youd like to be taught: I would like to learn more about team building, team coordination, farming, and prediction.

I would really love to captain my own comp team at some point, but i got to get better at this game first.

SteamName: Sheriff, link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sheriffe9087798

avaible on the weekends/ -3 GMT /US servers

Game Experience:(about 440h only 200 wins/I like to play as a carry, and off lane. Dota 2 is my first MOBA

I don't feel confident with heros that require too much micro, and sometimes it's hard for me to have the notion of when to extend or retreat, depending on the situation i retreat when i'm supposed to attack or vise versa. And i really want to learn to play as a team member.

Language: English

Student Application:

Steam name: Rogue Shadowcat

Availability: Sadly this varies with my work schedule, but I'm normally on from 10pm-about 3 am EST

Server: US east/Us West

Game Exp: 473 hours of Dota 2, 372 Multiplayer games, play either carry or support; mostly support due to my team usually refusing to pick a support. I've also played other Mobas such as League, HoN, Smite, etc.

Ranked MMR: 2729

I'm lookin for someone who can help me improve my item builds since I have a hard time deviating from what has worked for me in the past and also to give me tips on farm and roaming since it seems to be my major issue.

Language preference: English.

Coaching:

Steam name:                              ToastProtocol

Region/Timezone:                      UTC-5 (or EST time)

Languages:                                English

Availability:                                 Pretty much everyday after 14:00 with the exception of Friday nights

How many hours/Games of Dota 2 experience: Currently Around 1400 Matches or almost 2000 hours

Dotabuff:                                    ToastProtocol

Ranked MMR:                            3800-4000

Prior Coaching experience:       I've introduced and mentored a couple of friends already into Dota 2, and now I regularly play with them

Coaching Topics:                      I can teach basically anything from laning to ganking to heroes, (except Earth Spirit), you name it.

However I strongly believe the most important thing to learn in Dota 2 is game sense/decision making. This

is something that can be taught but also must be honed through experience. In fact, once you have a feel

for the ebb and flow of the game, pretty much any hero can be easily picked up.

Note:                                         I prefer dedicated coaching where I can focus on a handful of individuals at a time with return visits so I  

can catch up with their progress and also reap the benefits (partying up with them :) )

DemonsColt likes this

I like your formatting Toast care to share how you did it?

Also the lists are both growing woot woot :D

I just pressed enter after the end of a line and spacebared my way in (you need to press enter or it does some weird spacing stuff).
Shame how forums don't let you manipulate margins and stuff.

hence why its uneven XD

I like your formatting Toast care to share how you did it?

Also the lists are both growing woot woot :D

yay, I'm not the only student in the student list anymore :P

Steamname: po3t1985

Availability/Timezone/Server Location: around the clock (depends the shift I work). I live in CET/GMT-2 timezone.

Game Experience: 50h DOTA 2.

Ranked MMR: None

Clearly I'm in need of as much coaching as possible  :D

When I'm available I'll be on TS.

added and welcome welcome :)

Steamname:puttymon

Availability/Timezone/Server location: anyday this summer(will update at the summers end)/U.S.Central standerd time/Muscle Shoals, Alabama.

Game Experience: 45 min (laugh at me later) I only played as Enigma, so i can foresee going more of the mage rout

What i want taught: I am extremely new to this game, so anyone willing to teach me the basics will be a welcome sight for me.

mrfool likes this

Well who ever wants to learn the basics of everything just add me so we can arrange a lesson.

or u can come to the riverside...

or u can come to the riverside...

and drown in his pool of knowledge muahahaha :P *tis all in jest :D*

Steamname: AJSA.Wuhsa (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059351621/)
Region: EU Server (any server hosted on EU euwest/east etc)
Availability: Every day, every time if you asked for it (unless i have to play in a Tournament)
Experience: 2 years of Dota 1 experience, 2 years of Heroes of Newerth experience, half year of dota 2 experience
Ranked MMR: around 5k+ mmr

Role: Mostly offlane, but i could help with Carry and few mid heroes aswell.

Steamname: MiGa.Thrower

Region/Continent: Sweden, GMT+1, EU West

Languages: Swedish & English.

Availability: On week days I'm available from 15:00 to 20:00. On weekends I'm available from about 12:00 to 19:00. If I'm not available then it's because I got family things.

How many hours/Games of Dota 2 experience: I've played Dota 2 since last summer which would make it a year now. http://dotabuff.com/players/77527750

Ranked MMR: 2,8k, reaching higher by day. 

Prior Coaching experience: I've coached a bit and the ones who I coached were satisfied.

What your coaching would cover: My coaching would cover mid as it is the only lane I play unless some broski instapicks invoker i.e. I specialize in Shadow Fiend, Puck, Invoker & Pudge.

Click This to head to my steam profile!

Steamname(Forum name/Teamspeak name if different): Steam Name : =AJSA=Vindicator

Languages(any languages you know, plz list english):English,romanian,german.(English preffered)

Availability(around what times would you be playing/free time): Anywhere from 14:00-19:00 GMT

How many hours/Games of Dota 2 experience:Currently sitting on 980 hrs,I'd say I'm painfully average.

Ranked MMR(if applicable)(not required but may help):About 2.4k.

I'm applying as a student because I would really like to delve into support role more,even though I can decently play most roles.I'm usually the carry in stacks,and I feel that for my own sake playing more support in pubs would be lovely.

Heros I love : Lion,Wraith King,Pudge(decent at hooks),Tusk and Alchemist.I also enjoy playing CM,Lina and Venomancer.

Please put a link to your steam profiles when you sign up as either student or coach please it will help make sure that i have the right person each time when i put you on the list.

mrfool likes this

Steamname: [AJSA] Masky & Hoodie

Region/Continent(server locations): US West/US East. Europe if need be (Cannot assure I will not lag)

Languages: English.

Availability: For now, all Summer.

How many hours/Games of Dota 2 experience. Hours-767 (As of now) However, I've watched maybe 100 hours (possibly more) on streams, games, and youtube channels on professional gaming; I don't claim to be the best person in the game, but I try to be as good as I am. However it seems I have a bad string with teammates (I solo queue more now). Around 600 games. I've played since last year, and early Beta (Don't ask, that's when I was miserable), I've watched TI2, Ti3, and Ti4; learning from games made me actually understand the game. (Thank you casters!)

Ranked MMR(if applicable)(not required but may help): 3137 Solo ranked (just started ranked) Party Rank 3134 (haven't done that in months) 

Prior Coaching experience(if applicable)(not required but helps): Coached a friend of mine, Teaching a friend named Oops (sorta). 

What your coaching would cover(topics): Pulling, Lane control, I believe I can help people on most heroes (I.E define how they work, what to level in a certain situation, what to build and how to play those heroes if I do not always play successfully) Heroes I'm known to have a harder problem with playing myself, Phoenix, Earth Spirit, Pugna (Iffy at times), Lesh (The missed stuns!). However, it's only a few heroes. Note since I can play most heroes decently, I don't excel to a level that I should be with the role I am. What I mean is I can play support, semi carry/Carry or mid; but since I don't focus any one of those I'm not as good as I am as people who focus on that one skill. I'm not the most experienced person out there, but I'm willing to try and help people who need help with the game. I do get frustrated myself in some games because it does happen from time to time; so if I get annoyed it's more likely my own fault since I'm not teaching you well.  

I can show what people did wrong, and how to improve it. I can do rune control decently, I can play skillshot heroes around the same, I can jungle well with heroes, I can solo lane well, I can tri lane pretty well (depending on what the combo is and the other hero(es), Supporting I'm not the best at, Carrying I do really well at. Looking forward to trying to help somebody out. 

I need a coach

Willing to teach :D

Sundaecat likes this